- Text Size +
Chapter 110:

AJ smiled gleefully as Jason scowled. He lead her out onto the dance floor, proud that Nastasia had done the right thing. She was exceptionally bright, which was what AJ was so proud about.

"Who was that guy?" Howie asked as Nastasia and AJ began to dance closely. Following each others' rhythms. Lauren watched, amazed at how wonderful it looked. She knew her husband and best friend had something totally special.

"That was Jason." AJ answered for Nastasia with a girlish voice. Nastasia laughed as she pushed AJ away playfully, he grinned as he jumped back into her groove.

"What was he doing talking to Stazzie?" Howie growled.

"Over-protective husband alert." Lauren teased.

"We were having a conversation. That's all." Nastasia answered as AJ made a kissy face at Lauren. Lauren laughed as she leaned over and kissed him softly. Nastasia made a face.

"Was he hitting on you?" Howie asked as his eyes turned darker. Nastasia rolled her eyes as AJ lifted an eyebrow in wonder.

"No." Nastasia replied quickly.

"Yes." AJ coughed. Lauren laughed and smacked him.

"Was he?" Howie repeated.

"Kind of." Nastasia answered, rolling her eyes. "But JJ fixed it. Okay? You couldn't do much about it anyway. Look at that cast and tell me what you were going to do?"

"The cast could hurt worse than a fist!" Howie answered, tapping on his cast. Nastasia rolled her eyes again as AJ laughed. She was definitely a tease. "J?"

"What?"

"Can I have my wife back now? I'm getting kind of lonely over here since you have both girls now. And Lauren was getting kinda boring anyway." Howie grinned as Lauren shot him a glare.

"Just because I don't dance well..." Lauren answered stiffly.

"I love you anyway." AJ grinned as he kissed the tip of Lauren's nose. "Here, you can have Stazzie now. I think she was missing you too."

"No I-" Nastasia was about to answer, but Howie's lips stopped her. She felt his arms wrap around her body. He kissed her with such passion that Nastasia's breath was taken away.

"Did you miss me?" Howie asked with a smirk as a slow song came on the speakers. Nastasia hesitated for a moment as she looked over to see AJ and Lauren dancing closely linked.

"Hmmm... Yes I did." Nastasia responded as she leaned her head on Howie's shoulder. Howie smiled as he kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer to him.

"I love you too." He whispered.

******

After dancing AJ and Howie took the girls to a little cafe. It was pretty much deserted, so the guys took the oppertunity to talk to their girls.

"Have fun?" Howie purred in Nastasia's ear. She laughed as he held her tighter with his good arm. She invited the warmth of his body on hers.

"I had a blast. Dancing is always fun." Nastasia smiled.

"It's always fun for her."

"Yep." Nastasia nodded.

"Did you have fun?" AJ asked Lauren.

"A blast." Lauren replied as she kissed him.

"Wait...Wait...JJ!" Nastasia jumped suddenly.

"What?" AJ asked as he pulled away from Lauren.

"What were you and mom talking about in the room when I came in? I heard my name..."

AJ's heart stopped.