- Text Size +
Chapter 113:

A.J watched as Nastasia chased Chase around. They had taken Chase and Alexandria to the park and surprisingly, there was nobody around. And he just wanted to spend some time alone with Nastasia. And the more he observed her, the more it seemed like something was troubling her. He was just hoping that she would open up to him.

" YOU CAN'T CATCH ME AUNT STAZZIE!!! " Chase yelled as he ran away from her.

" WHY NOT?! " Nastasia yelled after him, her face bright.

Chase stopped and looked back at his aunt, who was catching up to him. " BECAUSE I'M A MONSTER!!! " he answered and started running after her, waving his arms in the air.

" OH NO! " Nastasia screamed as she ran in the opposite direction. " HELP ME JJ!!! "

A.J chuckled as he watched the two. He looked down as Alexandria placed her tiny hands on his knee and used it to balance her self in the standing position. He chuckled again. " It looks like your cousin is going to get your Mommy. "

" Momma, " Alexandria beamed as she turned her head to look at Nastasia being chased by Chase. " Momma! " she said again, pointing.

" Yes, that's Momma. Should we go help her? "

Alexandria nodded. " Momma! "

" LEXIE! JJ! HELP!!! " Nastasia screamed again as she ran by, Chase hot on her heals and giggling the whole way.

" I'M GONNA GET YOU AUNT STAZZIE! " Chase yelled as Nastasia pretended to trip and Chase landed on top of her. He began to attack her with tickles as his father and cousin ran over.

" Get Chase Lexie! " A.J laughed as he pulled Chase to the ground and held Alexandria over him.

" NO DADDY! GET AUNT STAZZIE! " Chase giggled as he tried to wriggle free.

" Yes, let's get Chaz! " Nastasia laughed as she began to tickle Chase too.

" STOP! " Chase giggled uncontrobally.

" You know what Chaz? " Nastasia asked, stopping for a second.

" What? "

" I say...we should get your father! " Nastasia pounced A.J to the ground and held him down while Chase jumped onto him and began tickling him.

" Hey now! What did I do?! " A.J laughed as he tried to move his arms, but Nastasia held them down. " You know you're going to pay for this Chaser! "

Chase stopped for a second and looked up at his aunt.

" Don't listen to him Chazzie, he's just talk. He ain't nothin' but a wimp. "

" You're gonna pay for this too Stazzie! " A.J warned.

*****

" Staz? " A.J questioned as he turned to Nastasia sitting next to him on the park bench. She was staring off into space at Chase swinging on one of the swings and Alexandria sitting in the baby swing, giggling at her cousin.

" Hmmm... " Nastasia answered absentmindedly.

" What's wrong? " A.J questioned again, he wasn't going to drop it this time until he found out.

Nastasia turned to him. " Like I said earlier JJ, nothing is- "

" Ha, nice try. Now tell me. "

" JJ- "

" Don't try to deny it because I'm not going to leave the subject alone until you tell me. So start talking, " A.J ordered softly.

" You never give up, " Nastasia answered, rolling her eyes.

" Well? "

" Fine. Ok, lately, I've been having these dreams...actually, nightmares to say the least. And they- "

" They what? "

" I don't understand why I'm having them. They literally scare me, that's why I wake up so freaked out. "

" Is that what's bothering you? "

" Yes, mostly... "

" What are they about? "

" Something I don't even want to think about. "

" Stazzie, what are they about? "

" My parents, back when I still lived at home. All the nightmare it was to live with my father. "

" Staz- "

" It was horrible JJ. The last one I had was of the day I left to come live with you and Mom, it was horrible. I was terrified, for my life. I left because if I didn't- "

" Staz- "

" He started beating her JJ. He started beating her. "

" Staz, I need to tell you something... "

Nastasia looked at A.J questioningly. She could tell by the look on his face that whatever he was about to tell her was not good, and for some reason, she knew she didn't want to hear it.