- Text Size +
Chapter 117:

" Where the hell could she have gone?! " Howie questioned as him, Kevin and A.J continued to walk around, with yet still no sign of Nastasia.

"I don't know...she ran so fast..." AJ sighed softly, trying hard not to remember the events.

" I wonder why, " Howie retorted as he glared in A.J's direction.

"Don't even start you two." Kevin answered quickly as AJ winced.

Howie mumbled something under his breath as they continued to walk.

"What was that?" AJ asked quickly as he glanced over in Howie's direction.

" I said this is your fucking fault! " Howie hissed.

"Maybe it is, but at least Nastasia can trust me with her thoughts. After all, she never told you about half the stuff that happened to her." AJ answered looking away.

" I swear to God A.J- " Howie yelled as he took a step towards him, but Kevin put his hand out to stop him.

" You take another step, I'm gonna knock you on your ass, " he warned.

"Look I admit it's my fault. But you have to take some of this blame too! I mean, she should have been able to deal with everything! But she keeps it bottled up inside. She's your wife! You should be able to do something to help her!" AJ answered seriously as he stopped for a moment.

" You don't think I tried to help her?! She wouldn't fucking let me! She wouldn't tell me shit! So don't you dare say I have to take some of this blame! If it wasn't for your big mouth, she would have never ran off! "

"What good is it doing if you two fight the whole entire way instead of looking for Nastasia?!" Kevin groaned.

" Can't we just get along D? I'm more worried about finding Staz, " A.J answered.

"D, he's offering a pact." Kevin answered with a glared.

Howie sighed. " Fine, let's just go find Staz. "

"Good." AJ answered.

*****

" Ok, where could Stazzie have possibly gone, I'm gettin' hungry, " Nick whined.

" That ain't nothin' new. You're always hungry, " Brian answered.

"But it's worse now." Nick whined as he looked ahead to a bridge. He gazed at it for a moment, then thought again.

" Whatcha lookin' at? " Brian questioned following Nick's gaze.

"The bridge...Stazzie always said the water calmed her..." Nick answered as he let his voice drift off.

Brian looked at the bridge for a second, then took off running.

"Hey!" Nick called, running after him as fast as he could.

" Hurry up! " Brian called back over his shoulder.

"You're just trying to kill me!" Nick answered as he caught up within a moment or two.

" You are such a tart, " Brian mocked.

"You're lucky I'm worried about Stazzie right now. Otherwise I'd tart you one!" Nick shouted back as they reached the bridge.

Brian came to a stumbling halt as Nick ran into him. A relieved smile formed on his face.

"Ouch son of a-" Nick halted halfway through his words. He looked to see Nastasia sitting with her legs dangling over the bridge. She was crying freely into her hands as her hair covered her face.

" C'mon, " Brian whispered, motioning with his hand as he began walking over to Nastasia slowly.

"Why are we creeping up on her like she's an animal?" Nick whispered.

" Shut up, " Brian murmured.

"I'm just saying-"

Brian put a finger up to his mouth and glared at Nick. He walked over to Nastasia without a noise and slowly sat down. " Mind if I sit here? " he asked quietly, as to not scare her.

Nastasia looked over at Brian and gave him a look of confusion. She then glared a bit, not replying at all as she looked back onto the river.

" Staz? " Brian questioned.

She kept silent as she drew her knees up to her chin. She released a shakey breath as the tears threatened her eyes once again.

Brian looked back over his shoulder at Nick who was staggering behind and waved him off for a minute, then he turned back to Nastasia. " Staz? "

"What?" Nastasia sniffled, still looking out onto the water.

" Ya wanna talk? "

"No. And don't tell anyone where I am, or there will be hell to pay."

" Well, that's too bad, because I didn't look all over for you just to hear you say you didn't want to talk, " Brian answered solomnly.

"Well...guess you made a mistake." Nastasia quipped back.

" I hate to break it to ya sweetheart, but I ain't leavin' until you talk to me, " Brian stated.

"I did talk to you, see we're having a conversation. So, bye now."

" Why are you doing this? "

"I'm sitting on the bridge having a private moment...I don't see what I'm doing..."

" You know what I'm talking about. "

"Why does everyone assume I know everything?"

" Staz- "

"What?"

" Just talk to me, ok? " Brian sighed.

"Fine, but is Nick gonna stand over there like a dork all day?"

" Yeah, because that's what he is...a dork. "

"Not-uh. He's a cute dork."

" What about me? "

"You're adorable." Nastasia answered as she looked back out onto the water, like she was looking for an answer out there amoung the tiny waves.

" That's comforting, " Brian grinned as he watched her. " Yo Dork, get your butt over here, " he called over his shoulder.

"Is she gonna throw me off into the river? Cuz it's too cold." Nick answered as he walked over.

" Was that a smile I saw? " Brian asked, swearing he saw a small smile play at the corners of Nastasia's mouth.

"Never." Nastasia responded as Nick sat down on the other side of her.

" Uh-huh... " Brian trailed. " So if I did this... " he stopped and began tickling her causing her to let out a laugh, but returned serious again as he stopped. " You wouldn't smile or laugh? "

"No." She answered as she scooted closer to Nick, "I don't trust you at all man."

" I wouldn't trust Nick either, if I were you. "

"Why?"

" Because at any given moment I could do this, " Nick grinned and attacked her with the same tickles.

"Stop it!" Nastasia laughed as she quickly jumped up from sitting between the two of them. She glared at both for a moment, "You two are so agravating!"

" But you know you love us. You can't deny it, so don't even try! " Brian said, offering her a cheesy grin.

"I'm supposed to be hating the world right now, and what do you do? Give me that damn cheezie grin of yours." Nastasia answered looking up for a moment.

Brian frowned for a moment. " Sit back down Staz, " he said quietly.

"What am I? A dog that you can order around?" Nastasia asked seriously as she glanced from boy to boy.

" No, but I bet you could get Nick to act like one, if you offer him food. The boy's always hungry, " Brian joked.

"I don't have any on me. Sorry Nicky." Nastasia answered as she placed her hands in her jean pockets and leaned on the railing of the bridge.

" So, what's on your mind Stazzie? " Brian asked, looking up at her with worry as she looked out over the water.

"Nothing."

" I know you're lying. "

"Maybe it's better to lie. That way no one gets hurt..."

" That's not true. "

"Sometimes it is."

" No... "

Nastasia didn't answer, she looked from guy to guy. She shook her head for a moment and zipped her jacket tighter around her body. She felt so cold.

" Staz, we can only help if you talk to us, " Nick answered.

" There's nothing to talk about, " Nastasia mumbled quietly.

" Are you trying to say us looking for you was a waste of time? "

" Maybe... "

" Nick, do me a favor and call A.J. I'm sure they're not too far from here, " Brian ordered in a whisper so Nastasia wouldn't hear. Nick nodded as he walked off and Brian went to stand by Nastasia. " So explain to me, what's plauging your mind? "

Nastasia glared at Brian hurtfully, but left his question unanswered.

" C'mon sweetheart, you know you can tell me. "

" It's not your problem, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. "

" Besides Lauren and the guys, you are one of my closest friends. So yes, I do need to worry about it. "

" But- "

" Stazzie, I just want to help you. I don't want to see you hurting. Please just talk to me. I've got all the time in the world to listen. "