- Text Size +
Chapter 120:

Lauren walked back up to everyone who was standing around silently as A.J still consoled Nastasia. She wasn't saying anything, only nodding her head in repsonse. She was still extremely upset.

"Where did Howie go dear?" Denise asked quietly as Lauren walked up to her.

"I'm not sure, to tell you the truth," Lauren answered, her eyebrows furled.

"What?" Kevin asked with surprise, "His wife is bawling her eyes out...where does he think he's going?"

"I don't know."

"What did he say?" Brian asked.

"He said he would talk to Staz later."

"Right." Nick scoffed.

"Why do I have the feeling that one of us should go keep an eye on him?" Lauren questioned.

"Because that feeling is something that's racing through all our heads right now." Brian answered, "Which one of us can Howie not beat up?"

"I think that excludes Kev and Alex," Lauren answered. "It's between you and Nick. Which one of you is going to go?"

"Oh no way man, he'll kill me." Nick answered quickly.

"Fine, I'll go. Seeing as I'm not the wimp here," Brian chuckled as he walked off. Nastasia looked up for a moment and glanced at Brian leaving.

"Hey, why don't we go let you talk to that husband of-" AJ started to say brightly, but Lauren shook her head no several times. Nastasia glanced at AJ oddly.

"Where's My Howie?" She sniffled as tears still flowed.

"I..."

"He went out to get you something to help you sleep!" Lauren answered quickly, everyone quickly agreed. Nastasia glanced around at everyone.

"Okay, well I want to sleep... So, I'll go to my room-"

"NO!" AJ shouted almost suddenly, startling Nastasia beyond belief. He gently wrapped his arms around her. "You're not allowed in there till that glass is cleaned up. You can sleep in the extra bed in my room with Lexie tonight."

"Lexie's in there?" Nastasia asked flustered, she hadn't even thought of her daughter. She felt tears spring to her eyes again, Alexandria must have felt abandoned.

"Yeah, she's sleeping, but we can wake her up." Lauren smiled.

"C'mon baby." AJ grinned as he kissed Nastasia's forehead and lead her into their room. Trying to understand where Howie went, and why Lauren hadn't stopped him.

******

Brian followed Howie down to a local bar. He hadn't gotten there until twenty minutes after Howie, since he had no clue where he was going. Brian took a deep breath as he entered the bar.

"Howie?" Brian yelled loudly, hoping to catch Howie's attention. He first looked out on the dance floor, but then remembered Nastasia wasn't there. Howie wouldn't dance without Nastasia.

Brian then scanned the tables of crowded people, no one. He was about to leave when one person caught his eye. He was at the end of the bar, several glasses surrounded him as he chugged another.

Brian groaned, that was Howie.

"Hey man!" Brian yelled over the blaring music as he placed his hand on Howie's shoulder. Howie growled as he tapped his cast on the side of the bar. Brian glanced and counted the large empty glasses surrounding Howie, five.

"Leave me alone." Howie barked.

"How much did you drink?" Brian asked as he sat down next to Howie. He glared over at Brian for a moment and slugged down his sixth glass. His eyes were already clouded from the liquor.

"Why would you care?" Howie grumbled.

"How much?"

"Six...seven..." Howie mumbled.

"Oh great, plastered."

"And proud of it." Howie replied as he ran his good hand through his dark curls, he looked over at Brian again. "What you doing here?"

"Nastasia wanted you back at the hotel." Brian answered seriously, already noticing the fact that his speech was very slurred.

"Bullshit." Howie hissed.

"What is?"

"Nastasia doesn't want me." Howie staggered.

"Yes she does."

"She has AJ, why would she need me?! She doesn't open up to me, only AJ. AJ's her knight in shining armor. She looks at him with these big wide eyes. I'd swear their in fucking love." Howie hissed.

"Because you're her husband and AJ's more of a brother. That's why she wants you home!"

"Bullshit, I think she should have married AJ." Howie growled as he flung some bills on the table. "You know what, I think I'm going to go to the hotel and give that bitch a piece of my mind!"

"Howie!" Brian gasped startled as Howie stumbled out of the bar. Brian quickly ran after him, knowing that he was about to make one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

****

AJ and Lauren managed to get Nastasia calmed down enough to sleep. She had been crying ever since she had Alexandria in her arms. She seemed to cry harder when Alexandria called out for her.

"Where did Howie go?" AJ whispered as Nastasia held onto Alexandria. Both were curled up asleep in each other's arms. Lauren was glad Nastasia was able to sleep a little.

"He just left. I don't know." Lauren answered honestly as AJ kissed her softly.

"What did he say to you?"

"He said you take up too much of Nastasia's time."

"Bull-"

"AJ!"

"Sorry." AJ grinned, "I'm glad Nastasia's better..."

"I'm just glad she opened up to you Alex. I'm totally proud of you. It meant a lot to her for you to be there for her. She loves you dearly." Lauren smiled as she kissed AJ softly.

"I know." AJ teased.

"She's gonna have it rough these next few weeks."

"Well, if Howie would shape up it wouldn't be too bad." AJ answered as they heard a commotion brewing outside in the hall. Nastasia stirred restlessly as Lauren could make out Brian and Howie's voices.

"Come on Howie, this way!" Brian urged.

"No! She's in here!" Howie growled as Brian tried to get him to go the other way, it wasn't working. Lauren heard the sounds again and looked back to AJ.

"Would you just stop HOWIE!" Brian cursed.

"What is going on?" She whispered as Nastasia moaned, just then the door slammed open. Nastasia bolted awake as Howie staggered in.

"Where's that bitch, I need to talk to her now!" Howie barked. Nastasia's heart beat frantically as she looked around, not sure of where she was. Nothing looked familar to her. She looked back and all she saw was her father in the doorway.

And she screamed.