- Text Size +
Chapter 121:

Lauren looked to A.J nervously as he glared at Howie. Nastasia began to tremble greatly as Howie stumbled into the room.

" H-Howie... " Nastasia stuttered as he inched closer to her. She knew it was him, but she kept seeing her father.

" I need to...to talk you! " Howie slurred as he pointed a shakey finger at her. He stumbled towards her again.

" Howie, man - you're plastered, " A.J stated calmly as he stood up and placed a hand on Howie's shoulder.

" Get your hand...off...me, " Howie hissed as he pushed A.J's hand away.

" C'mon Howie, sit down. "

" No! I's want talk...to bitch! " Howie hissed, his words becoming more slurred by the second as his eyes turned darker.

" You're scaring me Howie, " Nastasia choked, the tears beginning to brim her eyes.

" Do you love him?! " Howie shouted, causing Alexandria to cry out as she woke up.

" What are you talking about? " Nastasia asked shakily as she hugged Alexandria tightly.

" Tell me bitch! You love A.J?! You love him! Tell me! "

" Howie- "

" Tell me! "

" Lauren, get her out of here right now. Take her to Mom's room and I'll be there in a few, " A.J ordered calmly, keeping his eyes on Howie.

" Alex- "

" Just go! "

" I's said I's want talk you bitch! " Howie shouted as Lauren helped escort Nastasia out the door. He went to reach for her, but she dodged his grasp and he stumbled to the floor. " You love him bitch?! Tell me! Bitch! Tell me! You love him?! "

" Chill Howie, just chill! " A.J yelled as Brian shut the door.

" You asshole! " Howie hissed as he threw a badly aimed punch towards A.J and missed. " She loves you! "

" Calm down Howie, just calm down! " A.J shouted as he peered into Howie's clouded eyes. He could smell the stench of alcohol on his friend's breath. " Damn D, how much did you have to drink? "

" None of your fucking business! "

" How much did he have to drink, Brian? "

" He was just downing his 6th drink when I got there. And they were pretty tall glasses also. "

" Shit, you are totally plastered Howie. "

" Fuck you! " Howie tried pushing A.J away.

" Calm down! "

" You're trying take my wife from me! "

" I don't know what you're talking about Howie! "

" You bastard! "

" Would you please stop and calm down?! You're making things worse! "

" You're trying take her way from me! You're trying take her way! " Howie kept shouting.

" For Christ's sake Howie! She's my sister! "

" You son of a...son of a... " Howie slurred as he tried to stand up, but lost his balance and fell to the floor, not stiring.

" Howie? " A.J called as he bent down next to him. He shook his shoulder, no answer. " Just freakin' great! " Howie had passed out. " He's out cold...Do me a favor 'Rok, get him onto the bed. I'm gonna go check on Nastasia. "

*****

" Ok, slow down. What just happened? " Denise asked with confusion as Lauren layed Alexandria onto the bed, next to Chase.

" Howie just went ballistic. He came back totally plastered and just went off on Nastasia, " Lauren explained as Nastasia ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

" Oh god, " Denis sighed as she rushed over to the bathroom door. she tried the handle, but found it was locked. " Sweetheart? " She could hear sobbing coming from inside. " Honey, can I come in and talk? "

" I don't want to talk, " Nastasia cried from inside.

" Where's Stazzie? " A.J asked as he bounded into the room.

" She just locked herself in the bathroom, " Lauren answered. " what's going on with Howie? "

" He passed out on the floor. " A.J walked over to the bathroom door. " Let me try Mom. " He knocked.

" Go away! " Nastasia shouted.

" Sweetie, it's me, " A.J answered.

" I don't care! Leave me alone! "

" C'mon sweetheart, let me in. I wanna talk to you. "

" I d-don't wanna talk JJ! "

" Please? "

" I don't- "

" Stazzie...open the door sweetheart, " A.J answered softly.

" I-I don't understand JJ, " Nastasia sobbed as she opened the door, her face was wetted with tears.

A.J walked into the bathroom and shut the door. He looked at Nastasia and felt his anger towards Howie burn. " Sweetheart, " he whispered as he pulled her into his arms.

" Why did he...why did he do that? " Nastasia sobbed, burrying her head in his chest.

" I can't answer why Howie was acting like- "

" He was drunk JJ! He was completely drunk! " Nastasia cried angrily as she pulled back from A.J. " He was completely drunk!!! "

" I know he was. He- "

" How could he have gone out and done that?! "

" Honey, calm down- "

" NO! DO NOT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!! "

" Stazzie, sweetheart! You need to calm down. "

" NO JJ! NO! " Nastasia sobbed louder as she collapsed back into his arms. " WHY?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?! "

" Staz...shhh... " A.J soothed, holding her tightly. He hated seeing her hurt so badly, and to feel her shaking and sobbing in his arms, hurt him. His heart ached greatly for her. " God Stazzie... "

" I just...I just w-want it all to just go away JJ. Make it go away. Make things perfect again. "

" I promised you earlier, and I'm going to promise you again, things are going to take a while, but eventually they will be back to normal. I promise you that with my life. "

" I hate H-Howie...I hate him... "

" No sweetheart...you don't... "

" How could he go out and do that?! He was just like my father! How could he do that?! "

" I don't know why he went and did that for, there's no excuse for him going out and getting plastered like he did and there sure as hell isn't an excuse for him acting the way he just did. And trust me, I will talk to him, but you need to also. "

" How can I after what he just pulled JJ? "

" Maybe that's all he really needs, is for you to talk to him. Stazzie, he's hurting, just like you are. He wants to be there for you so badly, and as much as you don't want to hear it, you don't open up to him. If anything, you should be opening up to him more than any of us. More than me. He's your husband Staz, and he's trying to be the perfect husband to you. He doesn't want to hurt you, he just wants to be there for you and care for you, give you the unconditional love that you need. He thinks you deny him of that privilage. "

" JJ, you're taking- "

" Before you say it, no, I am not taking Howie's side. I am saying it how I see it. Howie has tried so desperately to be there for you. For once, be thankful and let him be there for you. "

" But JJ- "

" What? "

" I...I...just can't handle this anymore...it's all too much. "

" I know how you feel. It's becoming too much for me also, " A.J sighed, and paused. " You see this? " he asked, pointing at his head.

" See what? " Nastasia questioned.

" This, right there! I swear! It's a gray hair! I'm growing old before my age! " A.J joked.

" JJ! " Nastasia frowned, smacking him on the shoulder.

" Hey now, I was only trying to get you to smile...did I succeed? "

" No... "

" C'mon Stazzie, promise me you'll talk to him tomorrow... "

" I don't know... "

" It'll do you both good, and anyways, there's no chance in you talking to him right now. "

" Why? "

" He passed out... "

" Oh my god. "

" He'll be fine, trust me, I've done it before...though he's going to regret it tomorrow. "

" I'll make sure of that, " Nastasia mumbled.

" Huh? "

" Nothing... "

*****

Brian jerked up in his seat as he awoke to a disturbing sound coming from the closed bathroom. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, looking to see that Howie was no longer laying on the bed. A.J had called Brian and asked him to stay with Howie in the room, while A.J and Lauren stayed with Nastasia in Denise's room. " Howie? " he called, clearing his throat as he knocked on the door. He stretched his stiff back as he waited for an answer. He knocked again. " Howie? You alright in there? "

The door opened and Howie staggered in the doorway. He stared at Brian, his eyes half open and mumbled something. He looked completely horrible, his face was flushed and his hair was a mess. Brian couldn't help but chuckle a little, but he tried to stay serious. Howie opened his mouth to say something, but his face turned green and he slammed the door, rushing back over to the toilet.

" Howie? You alright? " Brian called again as he knocked on the bathroom door, just as the room door opened and A.J and Nastasia walked through. He offered them both a relieved smile.

" Your shift is up, " A.J joked as Nastasia sat on the edge of the bed.

" Thank-god, " Brian chuckled.

" Let me guess...D is the one puking in the bathroom, " A.J questioned quietly.

" Yep. I'll see you guys later. Bye Staz. "

" Bye Bri-Bear, " Nastasia replied quietly, not looking up at him as he walked out.

The bathroom door opened and Howie stumbled out. He stared hazily at A.J and then Nastasia, back to A.J. He blinked several times as he swayed a little. He clutched his stomach as he brought a shakey hand up to his sweaty forehead. He was feeling in pure misery. " J...y-ya got...any tyenol or anything? My head...is gonna explode, " he muttered as he clentched his eyes shut.

" Serves you right, " Nastasia muttered as she walked up to him, her eyes full of hurt and hatred.

" S-Stazzie? "

Nastasia smacked him hard across the face. A.J winced from the sound.

" Whoa! Staz! " A.J said in shock.

" What the hell was that for?! " Howie questioned, his cheek now throbbing with the rest of his body.

" You know damn well what that was for! "

" What? "

" I'm a bitch, huh? "

Howie stared at his wife with confusion. " Stazzie, what are you talking about? "

" Don't you dare think you can act stupid just to get sympathy from me, because I will not give it! "

" What are you talking about? " Howie asked, his head pounding harder.

" Are you saying you don't remember anything about last night? " A.J questioned. Howie looked at him with confusion and shook his head.