- Text Size +
Chapter 122:

Nastasia stared at Howie dumbfounded. She looked back to AJ for help, but he looked extremely lost as well. Howie didn’t realize what he had said, he didn’t even remember. All the hurt that he had caused, forgotten.

"Stazzie, what did I say last night?" Howie asked as he reached up to caress her cheek. She quickly slapped his hand away. AJ felt the tense air become denser as Nastasia glared at Howie.

"Do NOT touch me." She whispered, anger burning in her words.

"W-W-What?" Howie stumbled, his voice small and weak. His head pounded with extreme agony as his stomach did flips inside it. The pain was tripling as he watched his wife's emotions brewing inside her dark emerald eyes.

"You said I was a bitch last night. Don't you remember? Or was it all those beers you had in you last night? Do you remember what you yelled to me? Don't you remember ANYTHING!?" Nastasia yelled, her body tensing as she pushed Howie up against the wall. He held his stomach tighter with his good hand.

"Nastasia-" AJ tried to say, but the icy glare from Nastasia shut him up. She looked back to Howie and stepped foward again, making Howie run back into a wall. He felt the breath begin to supress from his lungs.

"You tried to say that I was laying AJ, right there. He's my fucking brother Howie. He's someone who's always there for me, which is more than I can say for you. My mother is dead, DEAD! And what do you do? Go out and have a fucking party!" Nastasia hissed.

"Nastasia-" Howie mumbled.

"Do not try to make up for it. Howie, you looked exactly like my father. I never thought I'd have to fear for my life and my DAUGHTER's life when I was with you. But you certaintly proved me wrong, didn't you?" Nastasia spat.

"Nastasia come on you're not being fair to him sweetie-" AJ called softly.

"No, he's a fucking jerk JJ. I've always been a forgiving person. Hell, I've forgiven everyone, even my father! But Howie's gone too far!" Nastasia answered, tears starting to catch in her eyes as she swallowed the sobs.

"Come on Staz I didn't-" Howie tried as he placed his hand on her cheek again. Nastasia felt something snap inside her. She used all her force and pushed Howie backwards. He stumbled and smacked hard into the wall, knocking the breath out of him.

"NASTASIA!" AJ cried, grabbing ahold of Nastasia quickly before she went to kick the crap out of Howie. Howie looked extremely hurt as Nastasia struggled under AJ's grip.

"AJ let me go!" Nastasia cried as she wiggled and fought. AJ held on tight, sinking his grip into her arms until she whimpered. Painfully she still fought him until Lauren burst into the room.

"Staz?!" Lauren yelped.

"Let me GO!" Nastasia yelled as she gave a good push and made AJ release her. She felt her arms throb with pain as she glared at Howie, who was now crying, then back to Lauren.

"What happened?" Lauren questioned.

"Nothing." Nastasia glared. AJ gave Lauren that knowing look. She frowned as Nastasia began to cry openingly. The tears pouring down her face. All her emotions tying her up in knots

"Hey Stazzie, Lexie's up. Why don't we go get her and get onto the bus?" Lauren asked softly as she looped her arm around Nastasia's slender waist.

"Fine." Nastasia sniffled quietly as Lauren lead her out the door. AJ looked down at Howie, he was still crying.

"Howie?" AJ asked, but no reply came. Howie was rushed back with memories, all of his actions from the following night flooded his head at once. He felt sick again. He ran into the bathroom again and puked, letting all of his emotions get the best of him too.

****

On the bus everyone was informed of what had happened. Lauren was quietly talking with Kevin in the front of the bus while AJ was in the back with Brian and Howie. Both the boys were trying to get Howie to open up to them. Lauren had talked with Nastasia a little bit, but Nastasia didn't open up too much.

"Why did he do that?" Kevin whispered softly.

"I don't know..." Lauren answered, biting her lip. "It really hurt Stazzie though. She's so fragile with her mother's death. You have to understand..."

"I do... It's hard being in her place..."

"So, you want to talk to her while I see if AJ needs help with Howie?"

"It kind of serves him right..." Kevin sighed.

"Kind of."

"Yeah I'll be happy to talk with Stazzie." Kevin smiled.

While Kevin conversed with Lauren, Nastasia had put Alexandria down for a nap. She decided to disappear for a few hours and join Alexandria for her nap. Somehow Alexandria made her feel better.

"How's mommy's baby?" Nastasia cooed down as she rubbed her child's bare tummy. Alexandria stared up at Nastasia with her emerald eyes and giggled.

"Momma." She giggled.

"Yeah, I am your mommy." Nastasia whispered as she kissed Alexandria softly, "Sometimes I miss my mommy too. It's hard not having her around. That's why I'm always going to be around for you. You got that?"

Alexandria nodded.

"I'm sorry you don't have your grammy either. She was a great person you know? That's why you're such a happy baby, because you inheritied that from her... She was always happy. Until Daddy came home..."

"Momma?" Alexandria questioned quietly as Nastasia felt her eyes brim with tears. She foolishly wiped them away. She had been crying too often.

"You love your mommy?"

Alexandria nodded as she kissed her mother's lips.

"Are you bad?" Nastasia laughed.

Alexandria nodded with a wry smile spreading across her angelic face. Nastasia laughed as she bent down and placed several rasberries on Alexandria's tummy. Alexandria began to release a fit of wild giggles.

"Hey Staz?" Nastasia heard someone call. She jumped as she rolled over onto her other side. There was Kevin, peering into her bunk. She rolled her eyes, not really wanting company.

"Hey Kevvy." She greeted.

"Is this a mother-daughter moment?"

"Sort of." Nastasia answered, "Are you standing on one of the bunks?"

"No..." Kevin laughed, Nastasia was on the top bunk currently.

"You're too tall!" Nastasia laughed as Alexandria rested her head on her mother's hip. Watching Nastasia converse with Kevin, picking up Nastasia's emotions.

"No I'm not." Kevin grinned, "But can we talk Stazzie?"

"About?"

"Howie."