- Text Size +
Chapter 123:

Nastasia gave Kevin a sour look at the mention of Howie's name. She felt a knife stab directly through her heart. He had betrayed her very badly, she couldn't understand why. Her mind still swirled with cruel thoughts.

"Stazzie?" Kevin called as Alexandria slapped Nastasia's hip. She jumped from the touch of her daughter, then glared playfully at her. Alexandria let out a loud coo.

"You stinker." Nastasia laughed as Alexandria puckered her lips.

"Whuve do." Alexandria giggled.

"You too." Nastasia sighed as she leaned over and kissed Alexandria's puckered lips, then turned back over to Kevin. Fixing her attention back on him.

"Are we going to talk?" Kevin asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because Howie's not a good topic."

"But Nastasia-"

"Ugh. You're going to be just like JJ on this whole thing. Get in this bed and stop your complaining." Nastasia moaned. She looked over at Alexandria, who's little eyes were beginning to droop. She slid her daughter onto her stomach, then let Kevin take the place where she was laying.

"You know, for being stubborn...you sure do cave easily." Kevin teased.

"Please do remember that you are on the outside of the bunk bed." Nastasia snapped back cockily. Kevin looked down and turned back to Nastasia.

"Good point. I'll take that into consideration."

"Thanks." Nastasia smiled.

"So, about Howie..."

"Kevin Scott-"

"No, Nastasia Anne, we need to talk about it."

"He hurt me. He came into the bedroom drunk. Totally plastered. He called me all these names-"

"He wasn't in his right mind-"

"Because he was drunk." Nastasia hissed.

"Why is being drunk-"

"My father beat me Kevin. He beat me harder when he was drunk." Nastasia answered quietly, surprising Kevin. "My mother probably died seeing him drunk."

"Oh Nastasia-"

"I don't need your sympathy." Nastasia retorted stiffly.

"Yes, you do."

"No-"

"Yes."

"Fine. But don't you see why it's so important?" Nastasia whispered, "What if he would have hurt Alexia? I couldn't live with myself if I let Alexandria get hurt, because I couldn't protect her."

"Nastasia, Lexie didn't get hurt."

"But she could of-"

"Does Howie know about your past?" Kevin asked bluntly.

"No." Nastasia whispered.

"Maybe you should tell him. He feels blocked from you, you know? You open up to AJ a lot more than you open up to him. It's not fair-"

"AJ already gave this speech." Nastasia moaned.

"Well, you needed to hear it again. Why don't you think of talking to Howie in a few minutes-"

"I have no desire to speak to-"

"Well, AJ's already planning on sending him out your way. You might want to consider speaking." Kevin answered softly as he hopped off the bunk and walked away. Nastasia slammed the curtian shut. She looked at her sleeping daughter, and tears just ran.

****

"Howie?" Brian called, knocking lightly on the bathroom door. All he heard were the sounds of vomiting. He made a face as he walked back over to the couch.

"He's sick." Lauren answered, making a face.

"Duh, you're a bright one babe." AJ teased as he leaned over and kissed Lauren. She kissed back eventually, but not without hitting him first.

"He's more emotionally sick than physically sick." AJ answered softly, "Nastasia really put him through a loop in the hotel room. She was really upset with his drinking. Which I can totally understand. Plus she knocked the air out of him."

"She's never been violent." Lauren whispered.

"Howie made her mad." Brian shrugged.

"Now you're sounding like her!" AJ laughed.

"Sorry." Brian murmured.

"I think he thinks she's going to want divorce his butt again. It really woke him up though, but then again, he won't talk either." AJ sighed. "How's Staz?"

"Upset." Lauren sighed, "Kev went to speak with her."

Lauren watched as Howie slowly walked out of the bathroom. His curls were wild and messy. His face pale and streaked with emotional tears. He looked to be in a ton of pain. He looked like a mess too. He collapsed onto an empty couch, face down.

"Hey Howie?" Lauren called softly.

No answer.

"Howie?!" Brian yelled.

Still no answer.

"Nastasia's thinking about divorce again." AJ muttered, Howie suddenly shot straight up in his seat. AJ looked shocked as Lauren hit him hard.

"She is?" Howie asked, tears streaming down his face.

"Well-"

"I don't want to talk about it." Howie sighed suddenly, he glanced out the window. All the pain she was feeling right now was his fault. He couldn't seem to get it out of his head. He wished he could reverse the whole day, and just spend it holding Nastasia tightly. Kissing her fears away, but he couldn't.

"Howie?" Brian called, jarring his thoughts.

"What?"

"You want to talk?" AJ asked.

"No." Howie muttered.

"Tough." Lauren stated quickly, "You have to talk."

"Why?"

"Because Kevin's making Nastasia talk to him. So, we're going to make you talk to us." Lauren replied. Howie sighed as he fell back on the couch. He rested his throbbing hand on his chest and closed his eyes for a moment. He knew he wasn't getting out of this one.