- Text Size +
Chapter 125:

Howie just wept right where he was sitting. AJ walked out of the backroom and looked at Howie crying. He frowned, realizing that Nastasia had pushed him out, again. He hesitated for a moment, but then Howie stood back up. He pushed the curtains open quickly.

"Nastasia Anne Dorough, you are going to talk to me right now!" Howie barked, "You can't just keep pushing me out. I'm your husband-"

"Correction, you USED to be my husband!" Nastasia whispered hoarsly as Alexandria whimpered a bit in her sleep. Nastasia glared back at Howie as she rubbed Alexandria's back.

"What do you mean used to be?!" Howie whispered, tears still streaming down his face. He throbbed all over. He had this sickening feeling in his stomach. He felt like he might puke right there.

"I mean you lost that right as soon as you left me. My mom died Howie, she died. And what do you do? Oh, I'll have a beer or SEVEN!" Nastasia whispered back, her anger tearing through her body as Alexandria began to wake up.

"Baby-"

"Do NOT baby me. No sweet talking is going to convince me to talk with you. Not until I think about what it is that you mean to me. That hurt so bad Howie, you have no idea!" Nastasia yelled, as Alexandria was jarred out of her sleep.

"I-"

"You what?" Nastasia answered as she slid out of the bunk. She grabbed Alexandria in her arms, who immediatly rested her head on her mother's shoulder. Enjoying the feeling of being cuddled.

Howie had no answer.

"That's what I thought." Nastasia spat out as the tour bus stopped. She glared one last time at Howie, "Come back and talk to me when you are a little more mature on the subject."

"But-"

"Here, keep these too. Just for safe keeping. In case you don't mature at all." Nastasia hissed as she placed the rings in his hands again. She looked at him once more, hurt, then walked away.

*****

The bus had a 10 minute break at a rest stop. Afterwards they all piled back into the bus. It'd be a few more hours until they made it to California. Nastasia was pumped about getting back into warm weather.

"Laurie?" Nastasia called softly, she tapped on the backdoor of the bathroom. She hesitated before entering. Alexandria was playing quietly on the floor. Howie was out with AJ in the kitchen area.

Nastasia was feeling extremely sick since she fought with Howie. She was so mad at him, but she just wanted to stop fighting. She was having a hard enough time dealing with her mother's death on top of fighting with her husband.

"Hey Stazzie." Lauren greeted softly as Nastasia went into the bathroom. The bathroom on the bus was pretty big, fitting two people if they needed. Nastasia sat down on the sink as Lauren fiddled with her hands.

"Hey." Nastasia greeted numbly.

"What's happening?"

"Nothing, just thinking."

"Oh, about?"

"Momma." Nastasia sniffled, she had been thinking of her mother a lot lately. Only she hadn't told anyone. She would cry when no one was around, which was something that seemed to numb the pain...

"Want to talk about it?" Lauren asked softly.

"Later."

"When?"

"Back at the hotel."

"Okay. Still not talking to Howie?" Lauren asked as Nastasia glanced at her. She was looking quite pale, from her usual tan. Nastasia tried to think back and remember if Lauren had been sick at all.

"Nope."

"Why?"

"He's a jerk. He hurt me bad."

"Nastasia Anne-" Lauren was about to lecture, but a bell rung. Nastasia jumped when a little bell went off. She looked at Lauren oddly. Lauren blushed from head to toe as she looked on top of the toilet.

"What's that?!" Nastasia screeched.

"Pregnacy test." Lauren answered simply.

"WHAT?!"

"Chill! I missed my period, but I didn't tell anyone. I didn't worry about it. I've never been regular." Lauren shrugged, she was afraid to look at her test.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Nastasia scoffed.

"No...you had your own soap opera going on."

"Well, you going to check it?"

"No..."

"Fine, I will." Nastasia replied with a slight smile. She snatched the test before Lauren could yell. She glanced at the test, no emotion spreading across her face. It started to irritate Lauren.

"WELL?!"

"Thought you said you didn't wanna kn-"

"Nastasia ANNE!"

"Lauren! You're pregnant!" Nastasia burst. Lauren watched as a smile spread across Nastasia's face. Lauren suddenly burst with a squeal. She was secretely hoping for another child, although she wasn't sure how to bring it up with AJ.

"I am?" Lauren grinned.

"There it is!" Nastasia smiled.

"OHMIGOD!" Lauren squealed as she hugged Nastasia tightly. She couldn't believe it. She'd have another child. She was so happy.

"When you tellin' JJ?!"

"Wait!"

"What?!"

"Let's not tell him yet!" Lauren grinned, Nastasia's grin faded.

"Why?"

"I want it to be a surprise. Something romantic. No telling anyone. Promise?" Lauren asked, holding her pinkie out towards Nastasia.

"Promise." Nastasia grinned as she kissed Lauren's cheek. For once she was extremely happy, even though it wasn't her life that was going in the right direction.