- Text Size +
Chapter 126:

Lauren paced around the backroom of the bus, her mind racing with thoughts. She kept thinking back to just hours before when she had found out the surprising news; she was pregnant again. She couldn't believe what she had heard when Nastasia had read the results of the pregnancy test.

She was extremely surprised and excited with the results, because now she knew why she had been feeling sick in the morning and why she had missed her period. But now the more she thought about it, she had no idea how to tell A.J. Before, she couldn't wait to tell him, but now she was clueless on how to bring it up to him and that worried her.

She didn't know how he was going to react and that's what worried her the most. She thought back to when he had first seen Chase; he hadn't reacted very well and it took him a while to accept the fact that he had a son. She wondered if it would be the same way when she told him this time.

Drifting off into her dreamish-thoughts, she placed a hand on her still slim stomach, amazed that there was something beginning to grow inside her.

A sudden knock at the door made her jump back a foot and her heart skipped several beats. She was praying to God that it wasn't A.J knocking. She didn't want to face him at the moment, she was avoiding him.

" Mommy! " Chase called from the other side of the door. The handle jiggled, but the door didn't open and Lauren remembered she had locked the door. " Mommy! "

" Just a second Chaz, " Lauren choked as she walked over to the door and with a shakey hand, unlocked the door and opened it, finding her son standing there impatiently, Denise behind him.

" I wanna play Playstation and you locked the door Mommy! " Chase scowled, looking up at his mother. " Were you trying to play without me? "

" You know what Chase? That's exactly what I was trying to do, but I should have known that you would catch me, " Lauren answered as Chase and Denise walked in.

" You should know better Mommy! " Chase giggled.

" I do now, " Lauren laughed, her and Denise sitting down on the couch. She stared back down at her stomach.

" Is everything alright dear? " Denise questioned, noticing Lauren was extremely quiet.

" Hmmm? Oh...yeah. Everything's fine, " Lauren answered, very dazed-like.

" Alright...something is going on. Tell me about it right now, " Denise said with a smirk.

" When are we due to arrive in Cali? "

" Really soon. Why? "

" Because I need to make an appointment with a doctor as soon as possible... " Lauren trailed.

" Is something wrong? " Denise asked worridly. " Why do you need to see a doctor? "

" Well... " Lauren grinned as she rubbed her stomach.

Denise looked at Lauren with surprise and shock. Then her face turned into a smile. " Lauren...are you- "

Lauren nodded. " Yeah...I...I realized I was late on my period...that I had missed it by a long run. And while we were at that pit stop, I bought one of those home pregnancy test. It came up positive. "

" My God sweetheart...that is so great, " Denise beamed as she pulled Lauren into a hug.

" I wanted to see a doctor, just to make sure that it is true. Will you go with me? "

" Of course sweetheart, of course. What about Alex? Does he- "

" No, I haven't told him yet. I want to find out if it's for sure, before I tell him. "

" Alright. "

" Promise me you won't tell him? "

" I promise. "

Just then, the door opened and A.J walked in, making Lauren gasp as he walked over to her.

" Hey baby, " he grinned, pressing his lips against hers.

Lauren pushed him away, her heart jumping out of her chest.

A.J eyed her strangely. " What was that for? "

" I gotta go, " Lauren answered quickly as she stood up and walked out.

" What was that about Mom? " A.J asked, sitting down.

" I don't know anything, " Denise smirked and stood up, following Lauren's footsteps out the door.

*****

" Would you say she's nervous? " Denise laughed sarcastically to Nastasia as they watched Lauren pace around the waiting-room at the doctor's office.

" Who? Laurie? Nah...she never gets nervous. She's just on crack, " Nastasia smirked.

Lauren glared at her. " Shut up Stazzie, that is not funny! "

" Oh calm down. Why are you getting so worked up for? "

" Because I am pregnant! That's why! "

" Sheesh...chill. So...when are you going to tell JJ? " Nastasia asked excitedly. It was as if she were the pregnant one.

" I...uh...I don't know. I was going to wait a while...but I was thinking at practice. When you guys are taking a break...I'll break the news to him then. "

" You know he's going to flip, " Nastasia giggled. " Mr. Daddy McLean again. "

" I can just imagine, " Lauren sighed happily.

" See? What did I tell ya? I knew there would be some more little McLean kids running around... "

" Yes...I know... "

" Lauren McLean? "

Lauren turned around to see a nurse standing in the middle of the waiting-room with a chart and a friendly smile on her face. " Th-that's me. "

" Alright, my name is Tracie and if you'll follow me, I'll be running the pregnancy test, " Tracie smiled and motioned for Lauren to follow her.

" We'll be waiting out here for you, " Denise smiled as Lauren dissappeared behind a door.

*****

Lauren waited impatiently for Tracie to come back with the results of the pregnancy test. Her heart was pounding intensely. It seemed like she had been waiting forever since Tracie had stepped out of the room, after saying she would be right back.

Her head was pounding, every little tick of the clock on the wall irritated her. She just wanted to hear the results and be out of there. She nervously began to tap her fingers on her legs.

The door creaked open and Tracie walked in, a bright smile on her face. " I got the results back. "

" Thank-God... "

" Are you doing alright? "

" Just fine...well, a little nervous I guess... "

" Well, congradulations. You are pregnant. "

Lauren grinned, her body filling with joy. It was confirmed, she was going to have another baby.

" And there's some other news too. "

" Other news? "

" Yes. The results show you are nearly 3 months pregnant- "

" How come I couldn't tell? "

" It shows less on slimmer people until they get around their 3 1/2 - 4 month mark. But- "

" But what? "

" When I performed the ultrasound, something showed. "

" What do you mean?! "

" Lauren, you're pregnant with twins. "

" Excuse me?! " Lauren exclaimed, her heart stopping. She knew she was going to have a baby, but two?

" You're going to have twins, Lauren. "

Lauren took in a few deep breaths, her body overwhelmed with shock. " T-twins? "

" Yes, congradulations. "

" T-thanks. "

" Is everything alright? "

" Yes...yes...everything's fine, " Lauren mumbled. " Thank-you... "

*****

" Have you talked with Howie anymore today? " Denise asked, trying to make small conversation as they waited for Lauren to return.

" No, and I don't plan on it. I don't plan on talking to him for a while. "

" Oh sweetheart... "

" No Mom, he hurt me. He hurt me really bad and he has no idea. He should have known better than to go out and do what he did. I am so angry at him right now...I don't even want to see him. "

" I know you are honey, but you need to talk with him. "

" No, not if I don't feel like I have to. "

" But you should...Wait, where's your wedding bands? " Denise questioned with surprise, looking down at the bare finger on Nastasia's left hand.

" I gave them to him, " Nastasia whispered, looking away.

" Nastasia...please do not tell me you are thinking about divorce again. "

" No...I just want to get it through his head that I'm not willing to deal with his crap. I never have and I never will be. He hurt me and he hurt me during the wrong time. I want him to understand this. "

" But giving him the rings? "

" Maybe he'll see I'm no joking matter. I just don't want to deal with him at the moment. And I don't want him around Alexandria at the moment either. "

" Why not? "

" Because I don't want to take the chance of her getting hurt because he decides to- "

" Honey, he is her father. You know Howie well enough to know that he would never hurt her. "

" I thought he would never do the same thing to me. But he acted just like my father, and I swear to God that if Lauren wouldn't have taken me out of the room, Howie would have beaten me. I saw it in his eyes. "

" He wasn't in his right mind to realize what he was doing. He wouldn't have hurt you on purpose and I doubt he would have hurt you. "

" Well, he hurt me enough as it is and I just don't want to see him. And I'm not letting Alexandria around him either. "

" But- "

" Can we disscuss this later? "

" Alright... "

" Laurie! " Nastasia exclaimed, plastering a smile on her face as she jumped up when Lauren walked out into the waiting-room. " Well? WELL?! C'MON! TELL US! TELL US!!! "

" I'm pregnant, " Lauren grinned. " With twins. "