- Text Size +
Chapter 130:

Lauren sat in AJ's arms, inhaling his sweet cologne scent. He had taken her out for a wonderful dinner. Now they were gazing up at the stars on the boardwalk, listening to the waves crash on the beach. She felt like she was in heaven.

A slight breeze played with her hair as A.J rested his chin on her shoulder. He had not been able to stop grinning the whole night. He slowly began to plant kisses on Lauren's neck, sending shivers down her spine.

"It's beautiful out..." Lauren whispered, afraid to ruin this perfect moment.

" Not as beautiful as you, " A.J answered, continuing to kiss her neck.

"True." Lauren giggled, the light touch tickling her neck.

" Nothing in the whole world could add up to the beauty you possess, " A.J grinned, wrapping his arms around her shoulders tighter.

"Stop it, you're going to give me a toothache!"

A.J chuckled slightly, feeling so content with having Lauren in his arms. He thanked God each day that everything had worked out and that he would always have Lauren with him.

"What are we going to do with twins?!" Lauren sighed happily as she leaned back in AJ's arms.

" Twins...I still can't believe it... " A.J trailed happily.

"I can't either...I'm just trying to figure how I'm going to shove them out!"

" Don't look at me! " A.J joked and kissed her. " Because I have no clue...and personally...I don't want to know... "

"Just once I'd like to see a guy go through labor." Lauren laughed.

" I dont...think that's medically...possible, " A.J winced, causing Lauren to laugh again.

"You're cute!" Lauren giggled, kissing the tip of his nose.

" I know I am, " A.J grinned.

"Yeah, Chase get's it from you too."

" He's defenitely a ladies man...I've taught him well. Damn I'm proud! " A.J chuckled.

Lauren rolled her eyes, "Hopefully I get a girl this time. Lexie is so adorable...Staz and her are so close... I want that..."

" Well, we're having twins. We've got a combination of either two boys, two girls or a boy and a girl, " A.J thought outloud, looking like he was thinking hard.

"Jezz, you're a bright one."

" Hey now, " A.J grinned, tickling her sides softly. " Have you thought about names? "

"Kinda..." Lauren answered with a smile playing with her lips.

" Well? " A.J grinned. " Do I get to know? Or am I going to have no say? "

"Mackenzie Brooke...and Alyssa Marie for girls..." Lauren grinned.

" So far, so good...but if we have boys? "

"That's your area...I named Chase." Lauren answered, wanting AJ to be creative.

" I was thinking Jayden Andrew and Taylor Aaron for the boys, " A.J said thoughtfully.

"That's cute...we'd have AJ and JA." Lauren answered after a few moments of thinking of the names. "Or TA."

A.J chuckled. " I hope they're both boys. "

"No girls?" Lauren pouted.

" Well... "

"Well?"

" It's not like I can decide what sex our children are going to be...I'm just saying I hope they're both boys. "

"Well, I want a little girl..."

" But I want a little boy... "

"We'll just have to see then huh?" Lauren grinned.

" I guess. Damn...poor you, what you got like another 6 1/2 months? That's the one thing I envy about women... "

"Don't, I'm not discussing it. Because I'm going to end up hating you. You were lucky, Nastasia was the sorce of my anger dwellings when I was pregnant with Chase. I get CRANKY." Lauren teased.

" You're joking right? "

"Hmmm....you'll have to ask Stazzie, won't you?"

" Damn... "

"I love you anyway." Lauren chirped.

" Until you have a mood swing. "

"True." Lauren laughed, "It's your fault anyway. "

" Yeah...you'll probably find some reason to blame me for it though. "

"Stop worrying." Lauren laughed, kissing him.

" Sorry...I just can't wait until they get here, " A.J grinned.

"Me either...and I was thinking..."

" Thinking what? "

"If we have a daughter and name her Mackenzie...Nastasia is going to want to call her Lil Mac. I know she is!" Lauren laughed.

A.J chuckled lightly. " That's Stazzie for you. "

"Very true..." Lauren replied shaking her head, "But we have plenty of time to knock the sense into her. Let's just think of the two of us now."

" Gladly, " A.J answered and began smothering her with kisses.

*****

Howie collapsed out on one of the nearby couches. He felt his heart begin to shatter again as Kevin sat down on the couch facing him, he held a serious expression on his face. "You really want to talk D?"

" I want to talk to Nastasia, " Howie answered quietly, looking away for a moment.

"She's kinda passed out right now D, Nick tackled her in the room and wrapped her up in the blanket..." Kevin answered, chuckling lightly from the thought of those two.

Howie rolled his eyes, he desperately wanted to be with her at the moment. Be with her and Alexandria.

"Howie, I know how you're feeling right now, but-"

" No, actually you don't know how I'm feeling. "

"Well if you don't think I know how you're feeling, I definitely know what Nastasia's feeling." Kevin answered, not wanting to make this into a big argument.

" Like it matters... "

"Why wouldn't it matter?"

" Forget it... "

"Why can't you tell me D?"

" Tell you what? "

"Tell my why it wouldn't matter how Nastasia feels? Or how you feel?"

" For one...I'm an idiot...and another thing...Nastasia isn't talking to me. So tell me...why would it matter? "

"Nastasia's going to talk to you eventually. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong to her? Come out clean. Tell her you deserve at least five minutes of her time." Kevin urged.

" I've already admitted that I made a mistake. I tried telling her I was sorry, but she wouldn't let me. "

"Tell her you deserve five minutes of her time. Catch her off guard, it flusters her... She'll agree Howie, you just have to try..."

" How would you know? Oh, I forgot. You, like everyone else, spends alot of time with her. You know her really well. "

"That's not fair Howie. You know that's not right to accuse Nastasia of that."

" Accuse her of what Kevin? "

"Not spending time with you."

" It's not like she really does. "

"She does spend time with you. She loves you to death Howie. "

" That's a good lie she's got you telling me. "

"Howie, she didn't tell me. I can see it in her eyes. Why can't you believe it?"

" Because she always pushes me away and runs to A.J. She doesn't give me a chance to believe it. She doesn't even show it. "

"Why can't you tell her that? Instead of me trying to defend her..."

" That's exactly what you guys always do! "

"We do what?"

" Defend her. "

"We want to protect her Howie, she's so fragile. AJ's very protective of her. You've known that."

" You aren't getting my point! "

"Keep going..." Kevin encourged.

" She's my damn wife! Not A.J's! Nastasia doesn't even give me the time of day to act as her husband! She's always got A.J! "

"Well maybe you need to prove to her that she doesn't need AJ. What happened every time she needed you Howie? The first time with the car, she needed you. The second time with the glass, she needed you. The blow up at me, she needed you. The drinking after her mother's death, she needed you..." Kevin answered calmly, hoping to strike a cord in Howie's heart.

Howie could feel a pain stab in his heart as he stared angrily at Kevin. " Sue me for being a fucking screw-up, " he hissed and stood up to walk away.

"Howie I'm just saying that you need to talk to her!" Kevin answered, jumping up to stop him, but he stopped too. Howie even stopped suddenly. There was a sleepy-eyed Nastasia.

" N-N-Nastasia, " Howie stuttered quietly, his heart aching again.

"I...heard this talking...Nick kicked me out of the b-bed..." Nastasia answered, stumbling over her words.

" I'm going to bed or something, " Kevin said quickly as he began to walk off, leaving Howie and Nastasia alone.

Nastasia was at a loss of words as Kevin disappeared down the hallway. She wanted to run, but she felt frozen. She felt her mind run with thousands of possiblities.

" Nastasia? "

"Huh?"

" Can we talk? Please, just five minutes. That's all I'm asking for. "

"Um..." Nastasia looked around for a moment, no one was there. She knew she was not getting out of it this time. "Sure..."

" Thank-you... "

"No...uh...problem..."

" Listen Nastasia, sweetheart...I am so sorry for what I did. I don't know what I was thinking, I have no excuse. I guess I shouldn't expect you to accept or even believe my apology, because I have messed up so many times. I should have been there for you baby, I should have been there for you. But please, I just want you to know I am so sorry... "

"Of course you have to do this after I wake up in the middle of the night..." Nastasia groaned as she slumped against the wall, banging her head against it. She didn't know what to say.

" Nastasia, I'm sorry... "

"You know, I'm sorry too." Nastasia answered as she looked back up to Howie, suddenly feeling the anger melt away from her aching heart.

" Sorry for what? I'm the one who screwed up again... "

"You did screw up, but I did too. Let's face it, I'm not exactly the Saint in all this fighting..." Nastasia murmured.

" Nastasia...I don't want you to try to make an excuse for me. I should have been there for you and I wasn't. "

"But I shouldn't have pushed you out when you were trying to get in. I can just imagine how agitating that could be. I have the worst temper I suppose..."

" Nastasia- "

"What?"

" Just know I am truely sorry, " Howie whispered as he took the rings out of his pocket and handed them to her. " And take these, they weren't meant for me to hold. They were meant for you to wear. "

"No more drinking?" Nastasia asked hopefully.

" No more drinking, " Howie answered quietly.

"Honestly?" A true smile brightening Nastasia's face.

" Honest. "

"While we're doing this, I want to open up more to you Howie. I'm gonna try my hardest, okay?"

" Anything, 'cause I'll listen, " Howie smiled, relief washing over him.

"Truce? No more fighting?" Nastasia asked timidly as she outstretched her hand towards Howie.

Howie looked at her strangely.

"What?"

Howie grinned and grabbed Nastasia into his arms, kissing her passionately, then pulled back. " Truce, " he whispered.

"I guess that is better than shaking hands." Nastasia answered, blown away by the kiss.

" I figured you would think so, " Howie grinned.

"You're bad." Nastasia answered rolling her eyes.

" Don't I know it. "

"I'm going to bed before you get too big of an ego, that I have to pop it with a pin." Nastasia answered, yawned as she stretched.

" Can I come with? Or am I going to be denied of that privilage? "

"Do you have to ask?"

" Do I? "

"Fine, I'll sleep and you stay out and ponder these questions."

" Nastasia! "

"What?!" Nastasia grinned as she walked backwards down the hallway.

" I'm gonna give you...two seconds to start running...1...2... "

"I don't wanna run!" Nastasia whined.

" I'm gonna get you! "

"Guess I did wanna run!" Nastasia yelped as she scrambled down the hallways as fast as she could, hoping someone would wake up.

" You can't get away from me! "

" Bri-Bear! Nicky! Wake up! " Nastasia yelled as she stopped and pounded on their door.

"Oh COME ON BRI-BEAR!!!!" Nastasia yelled even louder as she heard the sluggish movements in the door. "COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!"

" Ha! Got you! " Howie yelled reaching for Nastasia, just as the door opened and Nastasia stepped inside, slamming it in his face. " Shit! " Howie cried out in pain, grabbing for his nose.

"Uh-oh, I think I killed him...." Nastasia whimpered as Brian stared at her oddly.

" What'd I miss? " Brian yawned, his voice coming out strongly accented.

"Look, do me a BIG favor...." Nastasia pleaded quickly.

" Wha- "

"Open this door, and make sure I didn't kill Howie...because if he finds me...he'll kill me..."

" Y'all fightin' again? "

"Um...no...I just slammed the door in his face..."

" Why'd ya do that for? " Brian questioned, he just wanted to go back to sleep.

"BriBear, please, you can sleep right afterwards...I just don't wanna get taken to the ER tonight..." Nastasia pleaded.

Brian reached for the doorknob and opened the door. He looked out. " Uh...Howie's not out here... "

" What? " Nastasia questioned with confusion. She stepped out into the hall and as soon as she did, Howie grabbed her from behind. She screamed.

Brian laughed as he shrugged and shut the door, leaving Nastasia back with Howie. Nastasia screamed again.

" You trying to wake up the whole hotel?! " Howie shrieked, placing his good hand over her mouth.

"Yes!" Nastasia mumbled under his hand.

" What? "

Nastasia glared at him as she bit his hand.

" Shit Nastasia! " Howie cried as he yanked his hand away.

"You taste good, now don't scare me again!" Nastasia answered.

" Woman, that hurt. "

"And I care because?"

" Excuse me? "

"I love you?" Nastasia offered innocently.

" Yeah...right... "

"I do."

" Prove it. "

Nastasia smiled as she pushed Howie up against the wall. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Gently she pressed her lips to his, proving her love. Inviting the warmth she had been missing since their first fight.

" I'm not convinced yet... " Howie whispered with a grin.

"What do you need besides that?" Nastasia laughed.

" Must I answer? Just kiss me woman! "

"Ooooh." Nastasia answered with a blonde laugh. She leaned in and kissed him again.

" More. "

"You're too damn pushy!" Nastasia laughed.

" Am I pushy? "

"Yes."

" Sorry...where's Lex at? "

"Bri-Bear's room. She's sleeping..." Nastasia answered as she kept her arms looped loosely around Howie's shoulders.

" Lets go get her. "

"Howie, she's sleeping. She's a bear in the morning if she doesn't get her sleep in..."

" But I miss my daughter, " Howie pouted.

"Then you get to take care of her tomorrow. There is no way I'm letting her get all PMSing on me." Nastasia replied as she removed her arms from Howie's shoulders and stretched again.

" Fine with me, " Howie shrugged and knocked on Brian and Nick's hotel door again.

"They're going to kill you too." Nastasia answered as she leaned against the wall.

Howie kept knocking until he heard some loud mumbling from the other side of the door and then it opened, Brian appeared in the doorway.

"Go away, we don't want any." Brian mumbled loudly.

" I ain't selling anything, " Howie chuckled, Brian staring at him half awake, his hair sticking out at every angle. " I came to get my daughter. "

"Does Stazzie know?" Brian asked with a yawn, then ran a hand through his fuzzy hair.

" I'm right here Bri-Bear, " Nastasia answered, appearing beside Howie.

"Whatever, take Chase too. I want my bed back." Brian mumbled.

" Yes sir, Mr. Grump, " Nastasia giggled.

Brian just growled. Nastasia shrugged and slipped into the room. Carefully she picked up Chase, who was sound asleep and balanced him in her arms. Howie carefully picked up Alexandria in one hand, who was starting to awaken. "Thanks Bri-Bear." Nastasia called as Brian fell stomach first onto his bed.

Alexandria began to cry as they walked out the door, and Howie immediately tried to calm her down.

"Told you." Nastasia muttered as Howie kissed away Alexandria's tears. Nastasia fumbled with the door and managed to get Chase into one of the bed's without waking him up. Alexandria continued to cry.

" Whatever, " Howie muttered back as he sat down on the other bed and cuddled his daughter in his arms, trying to quiet her sobs.

"Mamma..." Alexandria sniffled as the tears poured from her eyes. Nastasia watched as Howie held her, she wanted to hold her daughter. But she resisted as she laid down on the bed next to Chase.

" Shhh Lexie...Mommy is going to sleep...shhh... " Howie soothed as he layed his daughter down on her stomach and began rubbing her back.

" Dada... " Alexandria wimpered as she quieted down.

"Yep Daddy's here sweetheart." Howie soothed as he kissed her cheek softly. Nastasia watched him in awe as Alexandria's eyes began to droop again.

" Da...da... " Alexandria barely whimpered as her eyes shut and she drifted off to sleep.

Howie smiled down at her and kissed her cheek again. " Good night sweetheart, " he whispered.