- Text Size +
Chapter 15:

Howie walked quietly back up the steps. He did feel horrible about Chase calling him mean, but he was just surprised. He didn't expect the early morning wake up call. That's all it was.

Howie walked to the first guest room where Chase slept to find it empty. He sighed as he heard Chase's giggle. He looked to find his and Nastasia's bedroom door cracked a little. Then another giggle, only Nastasia's laugh.

Howie walked to the end and waited for a moment, he saw that Nastasia was dressed in a pair of khaki floods and a bright green tank top, making her ocean eyes spark. He looked to see Chase sitting on their bed as they talked. He listened carefully.

*****

"What's the matter Chazzie?" Nastasia cooed as she slipped the towel off her head. She looked at her nephew in confusion. His eyes were a dim brown color, like AJ's when he was upset. Chase looked at his aunt and frowned.

"Howie made mommy yell at me." Chase frowned as Nastasia shook her long blonde hair out. Little droplets falling towards Chase, making him laugh as Nastasia flipped her hair back.

"How'd Howie do that?" Nastasia asked, noticing that Chase did not include the word uncle in front of Howie's name. That was a sign that he was very upset.

"You look like a monster." Chase said after a few moments of silence. Nastasia looked at the mass of wet, curling blonde hair and laughed. She looked down at Chase and a smile crept on her face.

"You know why?" She grinned.

"No, why?"

"BECAUSE I AM!!!" Nastasia laughed as she tackled Chase on the bed. Thousands of tiny laughs filtered the air as Nastasia continued to tickle Chase. He loved his aunt dearly.

"STOP AUNT STAZZIE! STOP!" Chase giggled as Nastasia fell back onto the large king-sized bed. She let loose a round of giggles as Chase crawled onto her lean stomach.

"So, how did Howie get you in trouble with mommy?" Nastasia asked. Chase glared at her as his bottom lip stuck out. She held the urge to laugh.

"He's mean."

"Why?"

"He yelled at me!"

"I know baby, but Howie didn't mean it."

"He's still mean."

"He's just grumpy." Nastasia laughed as Chase peered down at his aunt. Curiousity twirling in his dark eyes. Nastasia leaned up and moved a strand of dark hair from Chase's eyes.

"Why is he grumpy? Huh Aunt Staz?" Chase asked suddenly.

"You know why?"

"No! Tell me!"

"Because he knows that your Aunt Stazzie loves you a thousands times better than she'll ever love that meanie." Nastasia smiled as she heard the door open. Chase looked to see Howie approach them.

He glared again as Nastasia sat him back down on the bed. She sighed softly as she looked at Howie and shook her head, then walked to the vanity to do her hair.

"Hey Chase." Howie greeted softly as he sat on the bed next to Chase. Who, in return, placed his tiny arms over his chest and scowled. Howie winced, it was tough having a kid mad at you.

"Your still mean." Chase grumbled.

"I didn't mean to yell at you."

"But you got my mommy mad at me!" Chase spat back. Nastasia watched from the mirror, she held the urge to laugh. He was a mirror image of AJ.

"I didn't mean-"

"I still hate you. Stop trying to make it better. Aunt Stazzie loves me! And I hate you!" Chase cried as he jumped off the bed and ran back into the guest room. With his tiny weight he slammed the large door, making Howie jump.

*****

"Strike three, your out!" Nastasia called as she finished brushing her long hair and secured it in a loose ponytail at the base of her neck.

"Shut up Staz, your not funny." Howie scowled as his wife turned to him. She looked at him and paused for a moment, seeing the anger in his eyes.

"You hate having Chase mad at you don't you?"

"Yes." Howie answered stiffly, "And I heard the comment of loving him more than me."

"Your jealous of a five year old?" Nastasia laughed as she placed her hands in her pockets. Howie scowled again, not seeing it very funny. He was sensitive when it came to Nastasia loving him.

"Chill out would you." Nastasia answered as she sat by Howie. He looked at her and caught a long gaze of her emerald ocean eyes. Making him weaken.

"I just-"

"Chase is going through that stage I guess. You know, I hate everyone and everything. So you yelled at him, he'll get over it."

"But I just don't like it."

"What do you think Lex is going to do when she's fifteen and starting to date?"

"Do not joke about that!" Howie scoffed, "She's not dating till she's fifty."

"Right..." Nastasia laughed, Howie sighed. Her eyes were so beautiful, her personality making him fall in love with her all over again. He knew he loved her deeply, he knew he did.

"I'm sorry. Do you still love me?" Howie whimpered as Nastasia helped him stand up. She looked at him in surprise and laughed. She wrapped her arms around his neck and giggled.

"I just love your money."

"Shut up!" Howie laughed.

"I do love you." Nastasia replied as she rolled her eyes. Howie smiled.

"Staz?"

"Hmmm?"

"Am I mean?" Howie asked.

"Terrible. The worst person inside the whole wide world. Your so mean I can't even stand the sight of you right now! So, leave me alone so I can go get my child and have a nice chat with my Lauren." Nastasia teased as she unraveled herself from her husband's arms and ran down the steps, her laughter trailing behind.