- Text Size +
Chapter 2:

Things weren't going as smoothly in the guy's dressing-room as it was in the girl's dressing-room. Well, for Howie it wasn't. He had become a nervous wreck and had now locked himself in the bathroom after had making himself throw up.

Everyone else was as layed back as possible. Nick and Brian were busy entertaining Chase, Kevin was standing by the closed bathroom door, trying to coax Howie out, but having no such luck; and A.J had left the dressing-room a few minutes earlier to check how the schedule was running.

Chase jumped up and down in front of Brian and Nick with excitement. " See see see? I got a loose toof! " he squealed as he wiggled one of his bottom teeth with a finger.

Brian grinned with a laugh as he ruffled Chase's hair. " That's really great kiddo. Is that your first loose tooth? "

" Uh-huh and I'm gonna pull it out all by myself! " Chase made a pulling motion with his hand. " Yank! "

Nick winced, causing Chase to burst into giggles. " Oh, you think you're funny? " He began to tickle Chase and laughter rang through out the room. Even Kevin looked over and chuckled.

Just then the dressing-room door opened and A.J strided in, followed by Howie's father and brother. He looked around and a puzzled look clouded his face. " Where's D at? " he asked as Chase ran over to him.

" He's locked himself in the bathroom, " Kevin chuckled as he went over to the nearest chair and took a seat.

A.J tried to hold in a laugh because he knew exactly how his friend was feeling. He could remember how nervous he had felt on his wedding day. " I'll take care of this, " he said and walked over to the bathroom door. He raised his fist and knocked. There was no answer and he knocked again. " Yo D, you alright in there? "

" Y-yeah * cough * I'm fine, " Howie replied hoarsly as he flushed the toilet.

" Open the door so I can come in. I wanna talk to you. "

A few seconds passed and the door slowly opened. Howie appeared in the doorway. His cheeks were flushed and his hair wasn't as neat as it had been earlier. He tried to offer a nervous smile, but with no luck, he moved aside and allowed A.J to walk in, shutting the door behind him.

" You look like shit D, " A.J chuckled good-heartedly.

" Thanks J. Th-that makes me feel a lot better, " Howie mumbled sarcastically.

" Sorry Bro, I guess that wasn't the right thing to say, " A.J said and patted his friend on the back. He watched as Howie leaned against the wall and shoved his hands in his pockets. " Is the pre-wedding jitters getting to ya? "

" J-j-just a little, " Howie replied quietly.

" I can tell because I've never seen you get this nervous before. "

" Well, this is kinda different... "

" This is what you need to do - you need to relax, take a deep breath and go out there like you haven't got a worry in the world. Because D, you aren't doing yourself any good by making yourself sick from worry. "

" That's easier said than done... "

" True, but you don't want to make a fool out of yourself and you can't hide in the bathroom forever. "

" No? "

" Nope. So, what do you say you emerge from the bathroom, put on your tux jacket and get ready, because if I'm correct, it's almost time. "

Howie's eyes popped open and his heart began to race. " Um...o-ok... "

Just as they came out of the bathroom, Howie's father approached them.

" Well son, it's time. "

*****

Lauren watched through the double doors as the groom's men gathered up front of the altar. A.J walked down the aisle, towards her, since he would be walking Nastasia down the aisle. He walked up to Lauren and wrapped his arms around her waist.

" Hey baby, " he said and placed a passionate kiss on her soft lips. " Where's Stazzie at? "

" She's coming. She's just getting the final checkovers done. "

" How's she holding up? "

" Even though she's trying to hide it, she's really nervous. How's Howie? "

" His nervousness was making him sick earlier. He was about to lose it, so I gave him a pep talk - though I'm not sure how much it helped... "

" Ok, places people, " the wedding coordinator ordered.

All the bride's maids lined up and Lauren turned to face A.J.

" I'll see you at the end of the aisle babe, " she whispered, placing a tender kiss on his cheek. She then walked over to the front of the line and took her place as the music began.

A.J stood back and out of the corner of his eye, he saw a beautiful figure dressed in white, walking towards him. He turned to her. " Oh Stazzie, you look beautiful, " he said, grinning brightly and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Nastasia smiled at him, her ocean green eyes glistened over with tears. " Thank-you so much JJ. I'll be forever grateful of you for doing this. You don't know how much this means to me. "

" Walking you down the aisle? I wouldn't have had it any other way sweetheart, " A.J grinned as they linked arms together. " Being able to give you away to my best friend - Stazzie, I couldn't ask for anything more. " A single tear slid down Nastasia's cheek and A.J wiped it away. " I think it's time, you ready? "

" As ready as I'll ever be JJ, " Nastasia whispered as they turned to the door, then they began their journey. The whole time she stared ahead, afraid to let her eyes travel elsewhere. Then her gaze met up with his and his deep brown eyes stared back at her. He couldn't have looked happier standing up there, but she knew deep down, how nervous he was. She could see it. Now she was up there and it was time to put the key in the lock. She gave Howie a nervous glance and he returned it back.

" Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join two souls, this man and this woman, together in holy matrimony, " the minister began as Howie and Nastasia turned towards each other. " Let us pray... " The place filled with silence and everyone bowed their heads as the minister said the prayer and then he looked back up. " Do you, Howard Dwaine Dorough, take Nastasia Anne Notez, to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish her? Be there for her in sickness and in health? For richer, for poorer, as long as you both shall live? "

Howie gently took Nastasia's hand into his as he stared into her shining eyes. " I do, " he said, placing the ring on her finger.

" And do you, Nastasia Anne Notez, take Howard Dwaine Dorough, to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish him? Be there for him in sickness and in health? For richer, for poorer, as long as you both shall live? "

Nastasia repeated Howie's action and took his hand into her's. She placed the ring on his finger and stared up into his eyes. " I do, " she managed to say, before her voice broke.

" Under the direct guidance of the lord and from the power invested in me by the state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride. "

Howie pulled Nastasia into his arms and amazed the crowd with a dazzeling kiss as everyone applauded. He pulled back and grinned and then moved in for another kiss.