- Text Size +
Chapter 20:

" Time for bed Chase, " Nastasia announced as she came down the stairs after putting Alexandria down, finding Chase leaning against Howie's shoulder as the pair watched some show on t.v. She smiled warmly, happy to know Chase was no longer mad at Howie.

" But I'm not tired Aunt Stazzie, " Chase yawned and giggled as he tried to hide it.

" Uh huh, right...c'mon up to bed, " Nastasia repeated as she walked over to the two.

Chase looked up to Howie with the puppy dog face. Howie laughed down at him. " Sorry buddy, can't help ya. It's time for bed. "

" Not fair, " Chase mumbled as he stood up, stretching in his dinosaur pjs. Nastasia laughed as she watched him, he was so much like A.J, a stubborn brat at times.

" Yes, yes, life isn't fair Mister. Now let's go, " Nastasia laughed and scooped him up into her arms before he could get away.

*****

Howie walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, trying to get his eyes to adjust. " You asleep Stazzie? " he called out quietly, not wanting to wake her up if she was.

" Yes, " Nastasia mumbled with a laugh.

" Funny, " Howie grinned as he climbed into bed next to her. He reached over and began to rub her back, seeing that she was laying on her stomach, being her invitation for him to do so. " I've got some great news that I know you're gonna love. "

" What would that be, " Nastasia yawned.

" I'm leaving... "

" What?! " Nastasia exclaimed as her back tensed up.

Howie laughed. " Whoa, calm down. That didn't come out right, " he said as he continued to rub her back. " We start practicing next weekend, to get ready - "

" For tour! " Nastasia finished, the excitment hinting in her tired voice. She figured they would be heading off for tour again sometime, she just wasn't sure when.

" Yes, and great news. "

" I thought that was the great news, " Nastasia laughed.

" That was part of it. The best part is, management wants you to come back and be a dancer again on this tour. They say you appeal to the crowd, dancing with us. I say you appeal to ME, " Howie said and leaned in to kiss her neck.

Nastasia giggled as she scooted closer to him, loving the feeling of his gentle touch on her bare back. " Are you serious? "

" Would I ever lie to you? "

" Not that I know. I'm actually going to be going back on tour? " Joy was overwhelming every inch of her body, she missed being on tour so much. She couldn't dream of ever doing anything else. Dancing was her life.

" Yes, and I wouldn't have it any other way, " Howie replied, knowing how excited she was. He could just sense the smile on her face.

" I'm sure you wouldn't, " Nastasia giggled, knowing that being back on tour was going to be great. She couldn't wait.

" And the best thing about it is we'll be together and nothing can go wrong, " Howie whispered and began to plant tiny kisses on Nastasia's neck, then slowly made his way down to her back. But as he approached the tender spot between her shoulder blades, his eyes caught sight of the ugle mark that raked her perfect skin. He immediately stopped and pulled back an inch, wincing. He knew there was no way it was caused from a childhood accident, but that was Nastasia's excuse and he knew she was lying.

" baby, what's wrong? " Nastasia asked suddenly, sensing something was wrong when Howie stopped.

" What's this from? " Howie asked, wishing she would tell him the truth about it for once. Then maybe he would understand why it hurt her so much to talk about it.

Nastasia closed her eyes, knowing exactly what he was talking about. Why did he keep questioning her about it? She wished he would just forget about it, because all she wanted to do was keep it in the past. " I-I told you already. It's from when I- "

" Stazzie, stop it! Please tell me the truth! "

Nastasia sat up abruptly and faced Howie, some of her blond hair falling in her face. " I already told you, why are you calling me a liar? "

" Stazzie, " Howie began, seeing the hurt in her eyes and wondering now if maybe he shouldn't have brought it up.

Just as Nastasia was about to answer, a small soft voice came from the doorway.

" Aunt Stazzie, I'm thirsty. "

Nastasia turned her head towards the doorway and saw a sleepy Chase standing there, clutching the stuffed animal he always slept with.

" Alright sweetie, " she replied and turned back to Howie. " Just forget about it, " she whispered to him, the anger hinting in her soft voice, then she climbed out of bed and took Chase downstairs for a drink of water.

*****

A.J moaned in his sleep, feeling the bright sun beating on his face as it shone through the window. He tilted his head to the right and after a few seconds, his eyes opened. He smiled to see Lauren sleeping soundly next to him. Before long, she began to stir in her sleep and was finally awake.

" Alex... " Lauren said with a smile as she snuggled closer to him, laying her head on his bare chest.

" I love you so much, " A.J whispered in her ear, wrapping an arm around her slender body.

" I love you too. "

" What do you say we stay in bed all day and make love? " A.J said in a deep voice as he began kissing her neck, stopping only to shortly nibble on her ear, and then continued.

" You're such a hornball, " Lauren laughed.

" You make me that way, " A.J grinned.

" Oh don't I feel special. "

" You should, sexy mama. " He began smothering her face with kisses. he sat up and leaned a bit over her, still offering his passionate kisses.

" Well, " Lauren laughed between kisses. " As much as I'd like to take you up on your offer...we do need to go get Chase. "

" Nah, we don't have to, " A.J grinned, his brown eyes staring into her sapphire ones.

" Yes we do, " Lauren laughed as she pushed him back a bit and sat up. " Mr. Hornball. "

" Eh, but you still love me...sexy mama. "

" I won't deny that, " lauren replied as she climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom.