- Text Size +
Chapter 22:

"Hey, there's my Lauren!" Brian laughed as he jogged over to Lauren, pulling her into his arms for a friendly hug.

Lauren placed a sisterly kiss on his cheek. "Well here's my Bri Bear," she giggled as Brian offered her a cheezy grin. "Still the same big dork he's always been."

"Hey now," Brian replied sadly.

"You know I still love you," Lauren giggled again.

"Well, if you weren't married to J, I would -" Brian began as he placed his arms around Lauren's waist.

"AHEM!" A.J hissed, glaring at Brian as he walked up to everyone. "You mind keeping your hands off my wife, 'Rok?"

Lauren rolled her eyes as Brian backed up a foot. A.J was a little over protective at times, and this was one of those times. Brian had just been joking, both of them knew there was nothing between them. And Lauren loved A.J. Not once had the word "cheat" crossed her mind while she was with him. "I'm sensing a bit of jealousy here Mr. McLean," she joked as he placed his arms around her protectively.

"Yo, I was just jokin' J," Brian stated defensively.

"Don't mind him Bri Bear. He needs to learn how to stop being so over protective," Lauren teased as she looked up at A.J.

"Yeah, you best have been joking," A.J hissed again, this time a bit of laughter hinting in his voice, evident that he now knew it had been a playful joke.

*****

"Are you still mad at me?" Howie asked as he walked over to his wife, who was still relaxing in a chair with the two children. Alexandria cooed up at her Daddy.

"I was never mad at you," Nastasia replied as Chase jumped from her lap and ran over to A.J.

"Liar," Howie joked as he went to sit next to her. He leaned over to give her a kiss, but she pushed him away.

"Stop calling me a liar," she whispered forcefully, her ocean eyes boiling with anger.

"I was only joking," Howie said, not understanding what the big deal was.

"I don't care, just stop," Nastasia replied and turned away from him.

Howie sat there in confusion as her back faced him. Maybe he should have chose his words a little more wisely. "Listen," he said as he leaned forward and pulled her into his arms. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry, ok?"

"Fine, whatever." Nastasia replied quickly as she broke his hold on her. She stood up and placed Alexandria into Howie's arms, then turned away from him. Howie winced as he watched the group walk over to them.

****

"Hey baby!" Nick called quickly as he ran over to Nastasia. She laughed as Nick wrapped her into his arms and gave her a giant hug.

"Hey sweetie!" She called back, laughing still. Kevin was next, getting a tight hug from her also. She smiled, he was a big brother and Nick was her little brother.

"You looked fantasic while you danced Stazzie." AJ smiled as he held onto Lauren tightly. Chase smiled as he jumped into Nastasia's arms once again. She gave him a kiss as Lauren leaned into AJ's shoulder.

"Does anyone know who I'm dancing with yet?" Nastasia asked after a few moments.

"No one knows... Fatima said she'd let us know tomorrow..." Kevin answered, everyone observing the hostility Nastasia was showing Howie. Lauren got a bit leery looking at Howie, who seemed to be in a tremendous amount of pain.

"I paid Fatima good too, so hopefully I'll get you." Kevin joked as Alexandria wiggled out from her father's lap. His eyes were a darker color, Nastasia wouldn't even notice him.

"I bet I won't get you..." Nick pouted.

"Why?" Lauren asked, laughing at the innocent smile Nastasia was giving him.

"Because I'm not that lucky."

"Poor baby." AJ laughed.

"For real." Nick sulked, "Staz, what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing." Nastasia answered as Alexandria began to whine for her mother to pick her up. Nastasia relented as she put Chase down and picked up Alexandria. She giggled as her mother rolled her eyes.

"Would you want to go out clubbin'?" Nick asked suddenly, "Kevin and I have been dying to take you to this new place we found! Only, we couldn't tear you away from Howie for like an hour!"

"Oh, well...I'm definantly game tonight. You can have me all to yourselves. Howie can watch Alexia tonight. I need to get out of this place, go do something." Nastasia replied, anger hinting in her voice as she metioned Howie's name.

"You want to go home and get changed then Kevin and I will pick you up?" Nick asked.

"Sure, Kevvy that okay with you?" Nastasia asked.

"Sure! I'd love to." Kevin replied with a grin as he leaned and gave Nastasia a quick kiss on the cheek. "I better get going if I'm planning on going out with one of the most beautiful women in the world."

"Me too!" Nick replied as he and Kevin left quickly.

"I'll see you guys around okay?" Brian suggested as he gave a brotherly kiss to Lauren's cheek. She smiled as AJ laughed.

"Why don't you come over to our house tonight since Kevin and Nick are taking Staz out?" AJ suggested to Brian quickly.

"Sure, sounds fun." Brian nodded as he left.

"Here, you take Lex. I'm going out tonight with Kevvy and Nicky, as you heard. Why don't you go hang out with Lauren and AJ tonight." Not really giving Howie a choice in the matter.

"I'll be home late probably." Nastasia replied as she handed Alexandria to Howie. He looked at her hurtfully, but she didn't see it. "I'm leaving."