- Text Size +
Chapter 23:

Nastasia walked into her quiet home. Her heart aching as she slowly walked up the steps to her and Howie's room. She wanted to burst in tears as she looked in and saw the thousands of pictures of her and Howie.

"Gosh, why can't he just let things be? The past is the past, nothing more or less." Nastasia answered as she walked to her large closet and searched through the clothing.

She hated fighting with Howie. She felt crummy about dumping Alexandria into his arms too. She'd make up with him when she got home, telling him she was sorry. She shouldn't be mad at him for what happened to her in the past.

"Although he shouldn't call me a liar. I don't lie." She called out to herself suddenly. Her heart pounded as she zoned backwards in time.

*********

"Hey Daddy!" Nastasia called as she bounded into the kitchen. Her mother was in the bedroom again, probably drinking. Nastasia frowned as she glanced in the fridge, finding nothing.

"Where were you girl?" Her father hissed loudly as she shut the kitchen door quietly. His eyes were bloodshot. Four beer cans piled onto the kitchen table.

"Library with Kyle." Nastasia answered softly as she looked to the sink, piled with thousands of dirty dishes. She knew she'd have to wash them before she could go to bed, then her homework. Her father didn't care though.

"Liar." He grumbled.

"What?"

"Liar, where were you girl?" He replied, his voice heating with anger.

"Library with Kyle, daddy."

"LIAR!" He roared as he jumped up from the table. He quickly grabbed a fistful of Nastasia's blonde hair, yanking her towards him. She felt tears spring to her eyes.

"Daddy, don't!"

"Where were you!?"

"L-L-Library." Nastasia sniffled.

"Why lie to me girl? I hate liars!" He roared as he brought his hand along-side of Nastasia's cheek, knocking her down with the blow.

"I know you and that boy were probably in his backseat! I hate liars and you know it!" He yelled again, smacking her repeatedly.

"Liar!"

Smack.

"Liar!"

Smack.

"Daddy!" Nastasia whimpered, feeling the blood trickle down from her cheek and nose. He roared again, smacking harder, until Nastasia let things go black.


******

"Stazzie?!" Nastasia jumped from the sound. She looked to see Nick and Kevin waiting in her living room. She looked to see tears slowly trickling down her cheeks.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Kevin asked softly as he looked at the tears swirling down her cheeks. She sniffled as she looked back to them.

"I'm fine..." Nastasia answered.

"You want to still go out?" Nick asked.

"Yes. Give me two seconds okay?"

"All right babe." Kevin answered as Nastasia slipped back up the stairs.

She rushed herself quickly as she picked out her clothing, wiping the tears away. She forced the ugly thoughts from her mind as she brushed her long blonde hair and threw on her high-heeled sandles.

"There's my babe." Nick laughed as Nastasia ran back down the steps. She looked dazzeling, she chose a black miniskirt, reaching the middle of her thigh. A light blue tube top with a butterfly etched in rhinestones clinging to her chest tightly. Her long blonde hair shimmering.

"Here I am."

"Ready to go?" Kevin asked as Nastasia forced a smile on her lips again.

"Yep, let's go." She smiled, going out the door with them. Forcing her bad thoughts away. Her father was gone, she moved in with AJ and left him years ago. No more bad thoughts, he was gone. And smiles were here to stay.