- Text Size +
Chapter 29:

" Remember, just call me if you need anything, " Lauren called as she walked back to her car. " I'll be at the guys' practice, and JJ and I will stop by afterwards. Bring the little rugrat home to ya. "

" Sure thing. Thanks Laurie, " Nastasia replied as Howie stumbled through the front door. She watched Lauren drive off then followed Howie into the house.

Howie stood frozen in front hallway, his brown eyes glued to the broken picture frame that lay strewn on the floor, some of the glass stained with blood, his blood. He felt his stomach twist and he closed his eyes. His mind traveling back to when he had smashed his hand into the glass and it began to throb.

Nastasia saw Howie standing there and she frowned sadly, knowing what he was thinking about. He was throwing all the guilt of their fight they had upon himself and he didn't need that. She knew he felt truely horrible about it and she did too.

" Baby, what's wrong? " she asked as she walked up to him slowly and put a hand on his arm.

" I'm an idiot, " Howie answered quietly, not able to look at his wife.

" No, you're not, " Nastasia said, turning him around to face her. She saw the tears glistening in his eyes. " Listen to me. You might have done something completely stupid, but I will not be the one to hold it against you. You are not an idiot. "

" God Stazzie...I am so sorry, " Howie sobbed as she wrapped his arms around him. He wrapped his good arm around her tightly, promising himself he would never let go.

Nastasia fought back her tears as she hugged him. " I'm sorry too, " she whispered and kissed his cheek. " C'mon, you should sit down and rest. "

Howie leaned some of his weight against her as she led him into the living-room and sat down. He still looked to be depressed.

" Do you want anything to drink? "

" Water, but I can get it, " Howie replied as he went to stand back up.

Nastasia stopped him with a gentle hand. " Not, sit back down. You need to rest, I'll get it. SIT. "

Howie chuckled a bit and sat back down. " Yes ma'am. "

*****

" DADDY! " Chase squealed as Lauren, Alexandria and him walked into the practice hall. He ran down the aisle of seats and stopped at the base of the stage.

Everyone up on stage seemed to be taking a break. A.J jumped down from the stage and catapulted his son onto his shoulders. Chase giggled in delight.

" Hey baby, " A.J greeted as he walked over to Lauren and offered her a passionate kiss on the lips. He smiled down at Alexandria and gave her a small kiss on the cheek.

" Hey Laurie, " Brian called from up on stage. Everyone jumped down and gathered around her.

" Hey Bri Bear, " Lauren smiled.

" How's Howie? " Kevin asked, everyone looked on with worried faces. It was obvious A.J had told all of them what had happened.

" He's fine now, I guess, " Lauren answered. " Stazzie's at home pampering him to death, so I'm sure he feels like he's in heaven. "

" He's lucky he didn't get killed, " Kevin grumbled. Everyone could tell he was a bit dissappointed with Howie's actions.

" Damn lucky, " Brian commented.

" If you guys were smart, I wouldn't bring it up to him. I think he's feeling shitty enough about it as it is, " A.J stated.

" I hate to break up the social group guys, but we need to get back to rehearsing, " Fatima said as she walked onto the stage.

" Have you decided the dancing partners yet? " Nick piped up, a hopeful look on his face.

" Yes, but you find out tomorrow at rehearsal. I feel Nastasia would like to be here when it's announced who she's going to be dancing with this tour. "

Nick pouted a bit as everyone climbed on stage. They all laughed at him.

" See you in a bit babe, " A.J called.