- Text Size +
Chapter 3:

After the ceremony Howie’s family rented the local town hall for the reception. All the guests were overwhelmed with the ceremony. They all commented on how lovely the ceremony was, how lucky Paula and Hoke were to gain a great daughter, how lovely Nastasia looked, and how lucky Howie was.

Howie and Nastasia were talking quietly on the dance floor with the guys and Lauren. They had already eaten their dinner and were just waiting for the DJ to arrive. Howie and Nastasia were already the perfect couple, and everyone loved to comment on how perfect they looked.

"Aunt Stazzie!" Chase called as he walked with Alexandria over to her. Nastasia stopped talking with Lauren and looked. She smiled warmly as she bent down and Chase stopped as he held onto Alexandria’s small hands.

"Come here baby."Nastasia cooed with another smile. Alexandria squealed with a high pitched laugh, making the crowd chuckle. Howie watched in awe at his two girls.

Alexandria looking like her mother as she smiled again. Nastasia had dressed Alexandria in a simple white sundress, pinning her blonde curls into a high ponytail and wrapping a white rose around it. Howie thought he was the luckiest man in the world.

"Come here baby! Come to mommy!" Nastasia cooed again as Chase released Alexandria’s hands. Alexandria laughed once more as she called for her mother. All eyes turned towards Nastasia, Chase, and Alexandria.

Alexandria felt sure of herself. She cooed loudly as she took her tiny baby steps. Walking carefully and shakily to her mother. Nastasia’s ocean eyes lit up like gems when Alexandria reached her and stretched her arms out.

"BABY!" Nastasia called loudly as she scooped Alexandria into her arms. Howie laughed loudly as everyone started to clap. Nastasia twirled Alexandria in a circle, making her laugh. She then pulled Chase into her arms. "Alexia! You’re so big! My big girl. My baby! Oh, mommy’s soooo proud of you! And Chase! Oh goodness Chase! You helped her! I love you both so much!!!"

*****

"I think she’s a little too happy." AJ grinned as Lauren watched Nastasia lavish kisses on the two children. The photographer smiled as he begun to take pictures of Nastasia and the children.

"What’s that suppose to mean?" Lauren laughed.

"Well, maybe..." AJ pretended to inhale a long drag of a cigarette. Lauren gasped as she leaned and slapped AJ playfully on the shoulder. AJ whimpered as Lauren chuckled.

"She’s happy about being married, let her be happy... In a few hours it’ll start to sink in!" Lauren teased as AJ wrapped his arms around her slim waist.

"Are you saying I was a bad catch?" AJ asked.

"Hmmmm...." Lauren teased a bit more as she leaned up and placed a tender kiss on AJ’s lips. He grinned as he kissed her back, tasting her sweetness.

"Do I get more of that later?"

"If you mean at Howie and Stazzie’s house..."

"Why their house?"

"Because they’re having a small intimate party for them, us, and the rest of the guys. Plus Chaser and Lexie. They want to have some time with their friends, their honeymoon is this weekend babe."

"Oh! I can’t wait for that party. Stazzie is so adorable."

"And so married! Like you are!"

"So, why did you marry me anyway?" AJ asked softly as he left his lips linger near Lauren’s lips. He gave her gold band a tap as she chuckled.

"For your money."

******

"Howie! She walked!" Nastasia cooed brightly as she placed Chase down and walked to Howie with Alexandria in her arms. Howie grinned as he saw the spark in Nastasia’s eyes, something so loving in them.

"She’s a miracle." Howie grinned as Nastasia placed a tender kiss on his lips. He smiled as he kissed her back softly, so happy that she was his now. He loved her more than life itself.

"She’s ours too." Nastasia smiled.

"I’m glad. Great going Alexia. You’re daddy’s little girl!" Howie grinned as he placed a kiss on Alexandria’s forehead. Nastasia smiled, she was grateful that Alexandria had her father.

"Dadda!" Alexandria cooed after a few moments, she puckered her lips up like fish lips and giggled. Howie chuckled softly as Nastasia laughed, he placed a giant kiss on his daughter’s fish lips, another flash.

"Isn’t this a little too much Howie?" Nastasia asked after a few moments as another flash went off. Howie smiled at his wife as he placed another kiss on her lips.

"Not for my wife."

"But-"

"Shh...everything is perfect." Howie smiled as the DJ ran onto the stage. He grinned as he looked around to everyone. Nastasia rolled her eyes as Alexandria let out a soft sigh. She looked down and placed a warm kiss on her daughter’s forehead.

"HEY EVERYONE!" The DJ roared, "Let’s give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Dorough! The reason I’m being paid tonight!" Everyone chuckled. "No really, I remember the last time I was a DJ at Mr. McLean and Mrs. McLean’s wedding. And Mrs. Dorough was pregnant. Of course, the little ray of sunshine in her arms right now was born that day too. What a surprise she was!"

Everyone cheered.

"So, let’s just hope Mrs. McLean isn’t pregnant so I can get a bigger paycheck!" The DJ joked, making everyone laugh as Lauren kissed AJ again. Nastasia smiled as everyone clapped again.

"So, now it’s time for Mr. and Mrs. Dorough to have their first dance as a married couple. So, clear the dance floor people!"

"Here! Staz, give me Lexie." Lauren called with a smile as everyone took their seats to watch Nastasia and Howie dance. Nastasia looked at her friend and hesitated, Howie watched oddly.

"I don’t think it’s right for Alexia not to be in this...I just..." Nastasia felt her voice drift off. Lauren and Howie both knew what she was thinking. Ever since Alexandria was born she had vowed to be a great mother. Since her mother wasn’t there for her when she was younger.

"Me too Staz. I think Alexia should be with us on our first dance. This is her day too and we can’t forget her. She’s a part of this family." Howie smiled as Lauren smiled too. Nastasia placed a kiss on Howie’s cheek as Lauren turned to Nastasia.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks Laurie."

"Your mom would have been proud."

"She wouldn’t have cared."

"She would of, and if she wouldn't be, I am. I'm very proud Nastasia Anne Dorough!" Lauren grinned.

"Thanks Lauren." Nastasia smiled as she placed a warm kiss on Lauren's cheek and watched her take her seat.

*******

Nastasia watched as AJ, Brian, Kevin, and Nick jumped onto the stage. She felt Howie’s arm slide around her hip and around Alexandria-who was balanced on Nastasia’s right hip. She smiled warmly as she looped her free arm around her new husband’s neck.

"I love you so much Staz." Howie whispered as AJ cued up the song. She heard the lovely rhythmic melody of Yes I Will pound through the speakers. AJ had written the song for Lauren awhile ago, and they placed it on their new album, Black and Blue.

"I love you too. But why are your friends and JJ up there?" She asked as they swayed softly to the beat of AJ’s beautiful voice. She watched as several flashes started to take off.

"Because this song is something I’ve felt for a long time for you. And now I can express it out loud." Howie smiled as he placed his lips to hers as Alexandria sighed softly again. For once Nastasia’s life was going in the right direction, and she hoped it’d stay that way.