- Text Size +
Chapter 30:

Nastasia had cleaned up the glass quickly after Howie was resting on the couch. He lazily flicked through some TV stations as Nastasia placed the picture on the counter in the kitchen. That had been one of her favorite pictures.

"Howie, you okay in there babe?!" Nastasia called after she came running into the living room again. She saw that he had propped himself up comfortably. She rolled her eyes, a pillow under his legs and head. His bandaged hand resting neatly on his stomach with a bag of ice on it.

"I'm...nice..." Howie murmured as he closed his eyes for a moment. Nastasia rolled her eyes again. The medicine that the doctor had given him for his concussion made him tired. And the doctor said it was all right for him to rest.

"That's great. I'm cleaning my butt off and you get to sleep." Nastasia sighed as she threw her hair into a messy bun, that still reached down the back of her neck.

"Sorry." Howie whispered.

"It's all right. Just sleep. You need it."

"Kiss?" Howie asked as he opened his eyes for a moment. Nastasia could tell he was ready for a nap. She smiled as she bent down and placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

"I love you." She whispered as he drifted off. As soon as his eyes were closed Nastasia ran out of the living room. She quickly set a cup of water next to him and left. Walking out back she walked into her dancing studio.

Howie had built it as soon as Nastasia had moved in. His music studio connected to it. Both looked out along their tropical swimming pool. Which he designed for Nastasia himself.

Nastasia walked into the room and turned on the music. She hated missing practice. But she had to make sure Howie was okay. And while he was sleeping she figured she might as well practice. Quickly she warmed up, then put on Shining Star. Practing the rhythms she thought she needed to master.

As she continued to practice she heard a door open. Ignoring the sound she continued to work, pounded out what she needed. Mesmerizing herself into the music.

"Should we bother her?" AJ whispered as he held Alexandria in his arms. She fussed wildly as soon as she saw her mother. Everyone at practice had missed Nastasia, but enjoyed having her twin there.

"Before or after she smacks you?" Lauren laughed.

"Too late." Nastasia groaned as she switched off the music. She looked at her friends and smiled. Sweat was dripping from her body, she grabbed a towel and patted herself down. Looking completely fantasic in a pair of warmups and a sports bra.

"Sorry. How's Howie?" AJ asked as Alexandria jumped into her mother's arms. Nastasia laughed as she kissed her child, inviting the warmness Alexandria brought to her heart.

"Sleeping." Nastasia replied.

"You miss practice that badly?" Lauren asked.

"I have to practice, I can't screw up on tour. Kevvy will kill me!"

"True, everyone missed you at practice." AJ smiled.

"Thanks." Nastasia answered.

"You'll find out who you're dancing with at practice tomorrow Staz." Lauren interjected.

"REALLY?!" Nastasia answered, her ocean eyes sparking.

"Yes, jezz!" Lauren answered, laughing at her friend's perky personality.

*****

Later that night Howie and Nastasia were cuddling closely under their large blanket. Howie loved having his wife in his arms as Alexandria crawled around their bed. He was happy not to have gone through with his plans. Every minute he thanked God for that.

"Come here Lexie!" Nastasia cooed as she watched their daughter giggle. She titled her head, letting the blonde curls spill. Then she crawled faster up to her parents.

She stopped halfway, deciding which parent to crawl too. Nastasia looked at Howie and frowned. "Do not go to Daddy. Alexandria Laurel, if you know what's good-"

But it was too late. Alexandria was already crawling towards her father. "Brat." Nastasia laughed.

"There's my doll!" Howie smiled as she sat on Howie's stomach. Both parents were laying down.

"Dada?" Alexandria called as she eyed her father warily. She reached out with her tiny hand and touched the bandage on his head. He winced, it was still tender.

"Don't Lex!" Nastasia cried as she sat up and grabbed her daughter. Startling her as she looked lost. Nastasia kissed her daughter's hair as Howie sat back up. "Lexie, Daddy has a boo-boo."

"Dada?" Alexandria called out.

"Yes a BAD boo-boo." Nastasia laughed as she tickled her daughter's tummy. Alexandria squealed letting loose a ring of tiny giggles. Something that felt good to Howie's ears. He thanked God again.

"Kiss Daddy's boo-boo better Alexia." Nastasia called out as she leaned Alexandria into her father. She puckered her small lips and pressed them to her father's nose. Nastasia laughed as she drew Alexandria away. "I don't think that was Daddy's boo-boo."

"No, it was here. But Mommy has to kiss it better." Howie answered pointing to his lips. Nastasia rolled her eyes as she faced her husband.

"That was a bad line." She teased.

"Kiss me anyway." Howie shrugged.

"Deal." Nastasia laughed, pressing her lips to his.

****

The next day they decided practice would be early. Since the following day would be one of their last practices this week. Then they'd have to pack for the tour next week.

"Man, I'm hyped!" Nastasia grinned as she stretched out by Lauren. Lauren was being the faithful wife watching the children at practice. Nastasia was extremely grateful for it too.

"At least you get to dance. I look like someone with two left feet." Lauren laughed.

"Hey, I like those two left feet!" AJ sung as he leaned in and kissed her softly. Brian and Nick were currently arguing on who thought they'd get Nastasia to dance with. Howie was talking quietly with Kevin.

"Hey! Me too!" Nastasia laughed as she kissed Lauren's cheek playfully.

"Ohmigosh, Howie's turned her into a-" Nick gasped.

"You finish that sentence and I swear I will make this tour a living Hell for you Carter." Howie hissed, overhearing the conversation and becoming protective of Nastasia.

"Same goes for me." Kevin answered hopping off the stage and giving Nastasia a hug.

"Sorry." Nick pouted.

"Plus Nicky, if I was a lesbian, why would I want to dance with you?" Nastasia asked as she pressed her body against Nick. His hormones kicking in overdrive as she tugged on the collor of his shirt.

"Okay Staz! Enough playtime!" AJ laughed, pulling her away as Fatima came into the room.

"Staz!" Howie laughed, his hand was still bandaged and above his eyes. She thought he was doing a lot better since yesterday. He was a bit happier. So, she hoped he'd be okay.

"You're the love of my life, stop worrying." Nastasia grinned as she placed her lips to his. Howie enjoyed the sweetness of her lips until Fatima clear her throat.

"Nastasia, want to know who you're dancing with?" Fatima asked. Nastasia stood to attention and nodded. Her heart pounding, she was dying to know.

"It's me right Fatima?!" Nick called out suddenly.

"No! Me!" Brian whined.

"Wait! But I'm married to her!" Howie blurted.

"I'M HER BEST FRIEND!" AJ called, jumping into it. Kevin rolled his eyes, laughing at all of his friends.

"Please Fatima! Me?!" Nick begged.

"Sorry, it's Kevin." Fatima answered.