- Text Size +
Chapter 31:

Nick stood there, his mouth wide open as he stared at Fatima. She had to be kidding, right? He was sure he would get to dance with Nastasia. Then he burst out laughing. " Ha ha, you're funny Tima. But really, you chose me to dance with Stazzie, right? "

Fatima shook her head. " No, I'm sorry Nick, but I chose Kevin. "

" Are you kidding me?! "

" No, I'm not. "

" But that's not fair! " Nick whined, causing everyone to laugh at his level of immaturity.

" Sorry Nick, not everything in life is fair, " Fatima joked. " Congradulations Kevin. "

" Um, thanks, " Kevin replied, trying to hide the bright smile that was on his face.

" See Frack? I told you you wouldn't get to dance with her, " Brian laughed, rubbing it in his friend's face playfully.

" Neither did you, so shut up! " Nick hissed. " It's not fair! Why did KEVIN get chosen? I danced with her last tour, why can't I dance with her again THIS tour? "

Nastasia rolled her eyes as she walked over to Kevin and stood next to him. " It's the two left feet, Nicky my boy. I was never able to set them right. Now Kevvy here on the other hand... "

" It's not fair! "

" Quit your whining Carter! " A.J said and smacked Nick upside the head.

Nick frowned hurtfully and rubbed his head. " Damnit J! "

" Baby, " A.J laughed as they all took their spots again.

" Alright, " Fatima called. " Lets take it from the top people. " She turned on the music again and they all started dancing.

Everything was going great until jealously streaked across Nick's eyes as he watched Kevin dancing with Nastasia. He wanted to be the one dancing with her, not Kevin. He dropped his arms from his dancing partner and bolted over to Kevin and Nastasia, knocking Kevin away, causing him to fall down.

" NICK! " Nastasia yelped out in surprise as Kevin fell to the stage and Nick tried to start dancing with her. She shoved him backwards, glaring at him as she reached out a hand to help Kevin up.

" What the HELL is your problem Nick?! " Kevin shouted angrily, becoming annoyed of Nick's immaturity.

" I don't have a problem! " Nick shouted, glaring angrily back at Kevin.

" Then why the hell did you just do that for? " Nastasia demanded, becoming a bit angry herself.

" Because I felt like it, " Nick hissed in reply.

" You really need to GROW up, " Kevin said, shaking his head angrily. " Get back to your spot. "

" Why don't you make me? "

" Don't push my patience Nick, " Kevin hissed.

" Whatever, " Nick muttered as he walked back over to his partner, who was standing there looking confused.

*****

" Getting a little jealous in there, Nicky? " A.J joked after practice had finished and everyone was walking out.

" Bite me J, " Nick hissed, still padding himself down with a towel.

" Oooh, that hurt. Very mature Nicky, very mature. "

" Shut the hell up J! " Nick shouted as he stopped abruptly and turned around to face A.J.

" Why don't you make me! "

" It'd be too easy! "

" You'd miss and hit yourself, freak! "

" Screw you! "

" Sorry, I don't screw that way. "

" You're a real ass! "

" Whoa, y'all need to chill, " Lauren stated as she stepped between the two after seeing it wasn't going to turn into something good.

" Don't be mean to my daddy! You meany head! " Chase yelled and punched Nick as hard as he could in the stomach.

" Chase Alexander! " A.J shouted in surprise as Nick doubled over, clutching his stomach. Chase backed up with fright from his father's outburst. " Apologize to him, right NOW! "

" Sorry... " Chase apologized, his voice coming out tiny as he backed away from his father.

" Damn... " Nick choked as he stood back up, his face red as he took in deep breaths.

Just then, Howie, Nastasia and Kevin came running out after them. Howie seeing Nick's red face, chuckled a little.

" What's wrong with Nicky boy? "

" He was being a meany head, " Lauren laughed as she tickled her son.

" Geez, everybody just hates me so much, " Nick muttered.

Nastasia walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. " So, does that mean I hate you too? "

Nick looked at her questioningly.

" You take everything to seriously. I swear it's from being blonde. " She dropped her arms and walked back over to Howie, teasing Nick.

" Hey! " Nick shouted.

" Sorry Nicky, couldn't resist. "

" Whatever, " Nick mumbled as he tried to lighten up. His stomach was sore in the spot where Chase had punched him. He was surprised at how much force the five year old had. Everyone said their goodbyes and left their seperate ways.