- Text Size +
Chapter 34:

The tour was around the corner. Nastasia was on the verge of a nervous breakdown though. Her mind always hit a whirlwind of thoughts when a tour came, or something important.

She would first begin to break down her things she needed to do. Constantly reminding herself she must be perfect or fail at everything. She'd go over the routines daily, locking herself in the dance studio. Then she'd go through this whole thing of failure, which came from her father.

"Kevvy, can we work on Shining Star?" Nastasia begged as she took a long sip of her water. Her clothing was a baggy adidas shirt of Howie's tied into a knot above her belly button, then a pair of spandex adidas shorts. Her long hair tossed into a messy bun. She still looked gorgeous.

"Staz, I'm telling you. You have the dance down! Can we take a break? Babe, you wearing me out." Kevin laughed as he sat in one of the chairs.

"I'm just saying I don't think I got the choreography to the chorus down yet." Nastasia whined as Kevin threw a towel at her.

"How did Nick survive your dancing?"

"Carefully. He drank lots of fluids." Nastasia replied sarcastically. Nick was still acting a bit weird since Kevin was choosen to dance with Nastasia. She worried about him.

"Can't you pack or something? Do you have that all done sweetheart?" Kevin asked, worrying that Nastasia was pushing herself so hard. Espessially these past few days, he was worried she might pass out.

"I usually wear Howie's clothing anyway." Nastasia joked as she took another slug of water.

"I think he enjoys seeing you in his clothes too."

"I hope. He lets me often enough."

"Yeah!" Kevin laughed.

"So are you going to work on Shining Star with me?"

"No, I need a break babe."

"Then I'll work without you." Nastasia replied with a shrug, turning the music on quickly. Pushing her body to the maximum, more than it would allow.

****

Howie placed Alexandria down as he heard the door chime. A few seconds later Lauren, AJ, and Chase came into the house. He smiled as Alexandria cooed, Chase immediatly jumping to see his cousin. Those two were quite a pair.

"Hey D! How's the hand?" Lauren asked as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. All the guys were used to receiving kisses from both Nastasia and Lauren. Heck, they expected it.

"Stitched." Howie answered as he looked down. Nastasia insisted he keep it covered until they removed the stitches. Which would be next week.

"And the head?" AJ asked.

"Not used enough..." Howie laughed.

"Which one would that be?" AJ laughed back as Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Both!"

"Really? I thought Nastasia would be more fiesty-"

"Where is Nastasia?" Lauren interrupted, clearing her throat loudly so both boys would stop acting so foolish. She knew she'd have to get used to it though.

"Out dancing. The girl has completely locked herself up in that room. Look." Howie answered with a sigh as he pointed out to the studio. Where, sure enough, Nastasia was pushing herself to the limits dancing.

"How long has she been like that?" Lauren asked softly, seeing the breakdown coming a mile away. Her father sent her into these fits. She'd have reaccuring nightmares and sleepless nights. Then she'd cry, and cry, and cry.

Only because her father pushed her so much. If anything had the slightest imperfection she would be beaten. Many nights she would run to Lauren's house, badly brusied and beaten. AJ knew of these breakdowns too. They were the worst thing for Nastasia.

"A week or so." Howie answered, "She's worrying me. She woke up last night bawling. She told me to go back to sleep that it was nothing. And she keeps pushing herself to the limit dancing. Kevin's already told me that he thinks she's going to pass out."

"Damn, it's that bad?" Lauren sighed as AJ looked down for a moment, sadness casting in his eyes.

"What's that mean?" Howie asked.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Lauren replied, leaving Howie's question unanswered. Making him more upset as he followed her with AJ.