- Text Size +
Chapter 35:

Lauren walked out the back door and made her way to the dance studio, where she could hear the music blasting from inside. She pounded on the door and waited, but recieved no answer and pounded again. Seconds later, she heard the click of the door being unlocked and it finally opened.

Kevin appeared in the doorway, then stepped out. " Hey Lauren, " he said and offered her a hug.

" Hey yourself, " Lauren laughed and peaked her head inside. " Mind if I go inside and talk to Stazzie? "

" Go ahead, I've been taking a break anyways. Try to get her to take a break also. She's over-working herself and I'm afraid she might pass out if she doesn't stop and rest. "

" So am I, " Lauren mumbled as she stepped inside and shut the door behind herself. She stood there for a minute watching her friend with admiration as she did her graceful moves. Then she walked over to the stereo that was blasting the music and turned it off.

Nastasia turned around to find her friend standing behind her. She hadn't noticed her when she walked in. " Hey Laurie, " she greeted, out of breath. " Can you turn that back on? "

" No Staz, we need to talk. "

" Ok, I promise we will when I'm done. " Nastasia walked over to the stereo and turned it back on, the music blaring.

Lauren sighed as she watched her friend begin to dance again. " No, we're gonna talk now, " she said and hastily switched the stereo off again.

Nastasia turned around and glared at her friend. " When I'm done! " she replied, turning the music on.

" Damnit Stazzie, stop it! " Lauren hissed as she unplugged the stereo. She watched as her friend's eyes turned dark, making her wince.

" Stop what? "

" Stop what you're doing to yourself. Take a break! "

" I don't have time to take a break. "

" You have all the time in the world. "

" No, I don't. Tour starts in a week. If I don't know all the steps perfectly, it will ruin everything! "

Lauren's heart filled with sadness. She knew her friend was suffering, she saw it in her eyes. Nastasia plugged the stereo back in and got back into place, then began dancing as the music started up again.

" Stazzie, please take a break...give your body a rest, " Lauren pleaded, hating that her friend could be so stubborn, but she knew why; it was all because of Nastasia's father. Nastasia would get like this each year, around this time.

" I said I'm fine - I don't need to take a break, " Nastasia replied as she pushed herself harder with the dance moves. She stumbled on one of the turns and slumped to the floor, a sob escaping her lips.

" Staz! " Lauren dropped to her knees beside her now shaking friend.

" I just want everything to be perfect, " Nastasia cried, her eyes welling up with tears.

" Everything can't be perfect, especially if you try to achieve it this way. "

" Yes it can. I can make it perfect, I can make myself perfect... " Nastasia cried, pulling her knees up to her chest. " I can show him... "

This was one of things Lauren hated the most. Her friend having one of her break downs. And that was exactly what was happening. She would push herself so hard because her father would convince her when she was younger that she was nothing more than trash, that she would never succeed. To him she was nothing. And all Nastasia wanted to do was to prove him wrong, and she would push herself over the limits to succeed at that.

" Listen to me Stazzie, you don't need to show him anything. You already showed him you were better than what he thought when you made the decision to get out of that hell hole. You don't need to show him anything now. "

" I just want everything perfect. I don't want to let you guys down. "

" You won't be letting us down. There's no way you could let us down. You're already perfect. Hell Stazzie, I envy you girl. "

Nastasia let out a small laugh, even though she thought of herself far from perfect. " Whatever... "

" It's true. And I've got Alex, Howie, all the guys to back me up on that. "

" JJ and Howie would only say it to make me feel better. "

" That's not true. So don't say that. "

" I just don't want to screw anything up Laurie... "

" And you're not going to because I've got faith in you, and so does Alex and Howie. Everyone does, and don't you deny yourself that. "

" Serious? "

" Yes. "

There was a sudden pounding on the door followed by A.J's voice.

Lauren laughed. " Alex is having a shit fit, as I'm sure Howie is too. Should we let him in? "

" I don't know... " Nastasia grinned evilly.

" Don't make me knock this door down! " A.J called. The door shook as he ran against it. " Ouch... "

Lauren and Nastasia burst into giggles.

" Alex isn't as tough as he tells everyone he is, " Lauren laughed.

" Don't let the fans know, " Nastasia giggled.

" It'll break their poor hearts, " Lauren joked.

" Oh wouldn't it? "

Suddenly the door burst open and A.J ran in. He tripped and fell to the wood floor with a loud thud, making the two girls burst out laughing all over again.

" My god Alex... "

" Are you laughing at me? "

" Yes, I am! "

" Well then, I'm just gonna have to punish you, " A.J grinned and leaned over Lauren, pulling her into a long kiss.

" If this is punishment, then I should be punished more often, " Lauren laughed.

" Ok, that was really cheezy Laurie, " Nastasia giggled.

" I'm married to Alex, therefore I'm easily influenced. "

" What are you trying to say babe? That I'm really cheezy? " A.J asked.

" No, that you're really horny most of the time. "

" And that's a bad thing? "

" Not all the time, " Lauren grinned, recieving another long kiss.

" Would you like me to leave and shut the door on my way out? " Nastasia laughed.

" Nah, we'll stop, " Lauren giggled.