- Text Size +
Chapter 37:

It was becoming pretty layed back on the tour bus. Everything had been hectic when they had first left, but after a while things had settled down. Lauren was giving A.J the silent treatment for getting her soaked earlier - basically to see how much she could get him to apologize. So far it was working.

Everyone was hanging out in the back of the bus, watching as Nastasia and Nick battled it out on Playstation 2. Howie had went to the bunk area to put Alexandria to bed and Chase was talking to Lauren up near the front of the bus.

" Damn Nick, I just can't beat you tonight, " Nastasia sighed as she set the controller down.

Nick's face held a triumphant expression. " I know, because I'm the best. "

" No, because I'm letting you win, " Nastasia mumbled with a grin.

" I heard that Nastasia Anne Dorough. Now I'm gonna have to get you! " Nick said and lunged at her, attacking her with monsterous tickles.

" JJ! KEVVY! HELP ME! " Nastasia screamed, her face turning red from her laughter.

" I'll save you, " A.J and Kevin in unison with heroic voices. They jumped up and pulled Nick off of Nastasia.

" You guys hold him, " Nastasia grinned. The guys did as they were told and she payed Nick back with his own attack.

" Ah shit, let me go! Ahhhhh! " Nick screamed, his voice coming out high pitched and squeaky.

Everyone laughed as A.J and Kevin let the red faced Nick go.

" My my Nicky, you scream like a girl, " Nastasia giggled, backing up a bit after she said it.

" That's right. You best be backing up after saying that, " Nick said as he stood up and took a seat on the couch.

*****

Lauren walked out of the bathroom and over to Chase who was sitting on one of the chairs waiting patiently. She held something behind her back. " Alright Chaz. Remember the plan? "

" Uh huh! " Chase exclaimed, nodding his head. " Tell Daddy you want to talk to him. "

" But you're not gonna tell him why Mommy wants to talk to him, right? "

" Nope. I no tell! "

" That's good. Now, go get your Daddy, " Lauren grinned, placing a large water balloon out of sight on the chair Chase had been sitting on.

*****

" Daddy! " Chase exclaimed as he ran into the back room. He went over to A.J and jumped on his lap.

" What's up Chaser? " A.J asked as he ruffled his son's hair.

" Mommy wants to talk to you! "

" What does Mommy want to talk to me about? "

" I can't tell you! "

" Oh really? " A.J laughed as he stood up with his son in his arms.

" Me no tell you! "

" Well then...I guess I'm just gonna have to go see what she wants. Chill back here with everyone til I get back. "

*****

" You wanted to talk to me? " A.J asked as he made his way up the aisle towards his wife.

" Yes I did. "

" About what? "

" Come here first. "

A.J walked up to her and placed his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. " Better? "

" Much better. "

" Now, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about? "

" About you getting me soaked earlier. "

" C'mon babe, you ain't mad at me about that still, are ya? It was all in good fun. "

" Yes Alex, I know that. Which means you won't get mad when I do this, " Lauren replied with a grin as she grabbed the water balloon unnoticed and popped it over A.J's head, backing up before getting soaked again.

A.J jumped back a foot, his shirt dripping with water. He glared at her, but his glare soon turned into a grin. He pulled his shirt off and threw it to the bus floor. " You're gonna get it babe, you better start running! "

" Oh really? Is that a threat? " Lauren laughed as she pushed past him.

" Yes it is! " A.J said as he went to grab her but she dodged and he stumbled to the ground. " Ok that's it. I've had enough. Here I come! "

" Bri Bear! HELP ME! " Lauren giggled as she began to run to the back room.

" Nobody can save you Laurie! They're all against you. They're on my side! " A.J laughed as he went after her.

Just as A.J reached the bunk area, Howie came walking out and A.J ran full force into him, both men colliding to the floor.

" SON OF A ***** " Howie yelled out in pain as the side of his head banged against a sharp edge of the wall.

" Man, are you ok D? " A.J exclaimed as he jumped to his feet and looked down to his friend.

" Fucking A, " Howie mumbled, holding his hand up to the side of his head as he struggled to stand up.

" What happened Howie? " Nastasia exclaimed as she came running out of the back room after hearing the crash. She ran over to her husband and pulled his hand away from his head. " You're bleeding, " she said, examining the spot where Howie's head had been injured from the car accident. He had just gotten the stitches out the day before, and against Nastasia's objection, he refused to keep a bandage over it, though his hand was still bandaged after the stitches were taken out.

Nastasia went and grabbed a wet towel out of the bathroom and rushed back over to Howie. " Here, hold this against it. " She turned to A.J. " Great going JJ. "

" Hey, it was an accident. Who knew he was gonna come out just as I was running by. Blame it on Lauren. She's the one who got me soaked. "

" Oh, well that explains why your shirtless. But you deserved it. "

" You better watch it Stazzie! "

" Oooh, I'm scared JJ. "

" You should be. "

" If you try anything, I'll have Kev beat your butt. "

" Oooh, I'm scared Stazzie. "

" And when Kev fails to save her, don't think you're gonna be able to get away with anything, cause I'LL kick your butt, " Howie laughed.

A.J just rolled his eyes, then continued walking towards the back of the bus as Howie and Nastasia engaged in one of their kissing matches, something A.J didn't really care about seeing unless it was him and Lauren doing the kissing.