- Text Size +
Chapter 39:

" Honey, what's wrong? " Denise exclaimed as she rushed into the room after seeing the tears pouring down Nastasia's cheeks; Chase hot on her heels.

Nastasia looked up as her mother ran to her and sat down beside her, wrapping her lovings around her. She forcefully wiped her tears away, not wanting Chase to see her cry. " N-nothing, " she whispered.

" Don't tell me that. You were crying, what's wrong? " Denise asked gently as she pulled away from her daughter and smoothed Nastasia's tangled locks away from her face.

" I-it was just a bad nightmare, that's all, " Nastasia said foolishly, her eyes still brimming with tears. She couldn't tell her it had been about her father, she didn't want to worry Denise.

" Are you sure honey? "

" Yes Mom, I'm sure, " Nastasia replied, trying to calm herself down. ' It was just a dream, nothing more. He's gone, you got away from him a long time ago, ' she told herself silently.

" Aunt Stazzie had a bad dream? " Chase asked as he climbed onto Nastasia's lap.

" Yeah sweetie, I had a bad dream, " Nastasia answered, wrapping her arms around her nephew.

" Were you scared? "

" Yeah... "

" Why? Because there was a monster in your dream? "

" Yeah, a really scarey monster, " Nastasia said, the spot between her shoulder blades still throbbing a little. That was what her father was; a monster.

" I make you feel betterm " Chase giggled, leaning up and kissed Nastasia on the cheek. " Feel better? "

" Much. "

" Quite the little charmer, " Denise laughed.

" Yes, he is. Just like his father, " Nastasia laughed. " You little stinker, " she said as she began to tickle him. Chase burst into loud giggles as he struggled to get loose from his aunt.

" Not so loud Chase, you don't want to wake Lexie, " Denise hushed.

" Too late, " Nastasia laughed as Alexandria began to whimper. Her whimpers turned into a wail until Nastasia pulled her into her arms. " She was bound to wake up sometime anyways. "

" Dada, " Alexandria whimpered as her mother rocked her in her arms.

" She's a real daddy's girl, huh? " Denise smiled as she patted her granddaughter.

" Very much. They hold a very special bond, " Nastasia answered, her heart growing cold. She was jealous of the bond Howie had with their daughter. It was something she wished her and her own father could have held, but never had.

" Dada, " Alexandria whimpered again.

" Daddy's not here sweetie, " Nastasia cooed. " Where is Howie anyway? "

" Him and the boys are at the arena about to start warm-ups. You know, where you should be also, " Denise laughed.

" Oh crap! " Nastasia exclaimed, jumping up. " I over-slept! " she handed Alexandria to her grandmother and began rushing around the room.

" Calm down, you've got enough time. The concert doesn't start for another 2 hours. "

" How come you guys aren't there? "

" Mommy and Daddy say I have to stay here with Grammy, " Chase frowned, dissappointed that he couldn't go to the concert.

" I volunteered to stay with the kids at the hotel for the first concert, " Denise added. " To give Lauren a break. I'm sure she's had her hands full lately watching the kids. "

" Very much, and you know I love you bunches for this, " Nastasia laughed as she kissed her mom's cheek.

" You better hurry though. You don't want to be alte for warm-ups. "

" Alright, thanks mom. Bye Chazzie. Bye sweetie, " Nastasia called as she hurried to the door. She turned back and blew a kiss to her daughter who had begun to fuss loudly, then left.

*****

" Stazzie better get her big butt here soon! " Nick exclaimed as he jumped around wildly.

" Yeah, where is she anyways D? " Brian asked.

" Sleeping, knowing her lazy butt, " Howie joked, trying to get hyped up for the first show.

" Yeah, well she better get here soon. I can't perform without my dancing partner, " Kevin laughed.

" Are you sure your mom didn't mind staying back at the hotel tonight to watch the kids? " Lauren asked as A.J pulled her into his arms, they stood off in a corner for privacy.

" Nope, she said she didn't mind at all, " A.J replied, placing a tender kiss on her soft lips.

" Are you sure? Because I could have watched them and - "

" Baby, she said she didn't mind. Mom loves the kids, and now she has the chance to spend more time with them, especially Lexie, so she's gonna take advantange of that chance. Plus you need a break from watching them. "

" Are you sure? "

" Positive. "

" Alright... "

" Y'all ready to put on an amazing show?! " Nastasia exclaimed as she ran into the room everyone was chilling out in. The concert wasn't due to start for another hour and a half, but there were already thousands of fans outside the arena and she had a littl trouble getting in.

" You made it, " Howie smiled, walking over to his wife and putting his arms around her protectively.

" I wouldn't have if Mom wouldn't have woken me up, so thank her, " Nastasia laughed.

" Hey Stazzie, great news! " Nick exclaimed, running over to her.

" What would that be? "

" Kev said he doesn't want to dance with you anymore! "

Nastasia rolled her eyes and laughed as Kevin glared at Nick.

" I did not say that! "

" You did too! "

" I ain't gonna argue with you because I did not say that. "

" Get over it Nicky, I'm not dancing with you on this tour, " Nastasia said, laughing at how he never gave up. Nick just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.