- Text Size +
Chapter 4:

The wedding reception had been a complete blast and after it was over, everyone headed over to Howie and Nastasia's place. Even though the reception was over, it was still like a party scene at their place.

Everyone was hanging around in the spacious living-room. Lauren had just gotten Chase asleep in the guest room, for it was getting late. And before that, she had put Alexandria down in her crib upstairs because she had fallen asleep not too long before. Nastasia would have done it, but Lauren insisted that she would do it, that it would be no problem.

She walked back downstairs and found everyone lounging around on the couches, while music played in the background. Howie had his left arm drapped around Nastasia as she cuddled next to him and in his other hand was a glass of wine. They sat there kissing each other, Howie whispering sweet words to her in Spanish. Nastasia looked to be enjoying every moment of it as she twirled the wedding band on her finger.

Brian and Nick were engrossed in some basketball game they were playing on Howie's Playstation while Kevin watched on in Amusement. A.J sat alone at the end of one of the couches as he sipped on his own glass of wine, waiting patiently for Lauren to return.

" Did ya miss me? " Lauren asked in a seductive voice as she plopped down beside A.J.

" Oh, you know it babe. What took you so long? " A.J asked as he smothered Lauren's face with kisses, causing her to giggle a little as she gratefully accepted them.

" Well, I had to put Lexie down, which was no problem since she was already asleep, but your son on the other hand, is a little more difficult, " Lauren laughed as she reached for the glass of wine in A.J's hand. " Oh, that's so nice of you to have a glass of wine waiting for me when I came back. "

" Hey! That's mine, " A.J whined as Lauren took the glass from him. Lauren leaned in and hushed him with a passionate kiss then pulled away. " Think I could have seconds on that? " Lauren only nodded and leaned in to engage in another kiss.

*****

" Have the two of you decided where you're going for your honeymoon? " Kevin asked after a while as he grew tired of watching Brian and Nick fuss over the game, which Nick happened to be loosing badly at. Howie and Nastasia were still engaged in their kisses and didn't seem to hear Kevin's questions. Kevin rolled his eyes. " Nobody listens to me anymore. I'm so unloved, " he joked.

" Get a room D! " Nick called out childishly as he set down his controller on the floor.

Howie and Nastasia pulled apart from each other, Howie looking around with confusion. " Did somebody say something? "

" Yeah, I said get a r- "

Brian punched Nick in the shoulder. " Dude, shut up, " he laughed.

" I asked if you guys have decided where you're going for your honeymoon, " Kevin repeated his question.

" Somewhere in the carribbean is all I know, " Nastasia answered. " That's all Howie told me. He won't tell me exactly where though. " She stuck out her bottom lip and gave her husband the puppy dog face.

" Hey, I can't tell you, it's a surprise, " Howie laughed and kissed her. He brought the glass of wine up to his lips and took a long drink.

" Who's gonna watch Alexandria for you while you're gone? " Kevin asked.

" Oh, that reminds me. I've been meaning to ask you Laurie...JJ, but I forgot, " Nastasia piped up with a grin on her face, meaning she hadn't asked them yet on purpose. " You wouldn't mind watching Alexia for us, would you? " She hated the idea of leaving Alexandria for a week, but she knew both her and Howie deserved the time alone.

Lauren smiled and nodded. She thought the world of little Alexandria and didn't mind watching her at all. " We'd love to, " she replied happily.

" Yeah, anything for a friend, " A.J added as he went to reach for the glass of wine back from Lauren, but she held it away from him.

" It's mine now, " she said and took a drink, grinning at him.

" You guys are the best, " Nastasia smiled as she recieved yet another kiss from Howie.

" I know I am, " A.J laughed.

" Can we say 'ego '? " Lauren said as she rolled her eyes.

" EGO! " Nick piped up childishly and Brian punched him in the shoulder. " Hey, " he whimpered as he rubbed his shoulder.

Everyone just laughed at him.

*****

Lauren walked downstairs and found that Nastasia, Alexandria, A.J and Chase were already awake. Chase layed sprawled out on his stomach in front of the tv as he raced against his father on some playstation car game. He looked adorable in his white PJs that were covered with different colored dinosaurs. A.J was sitting on the couch and by the look on his face, it was obvious he was getting beat.

Nastasia kept a close watch on Alexandria who was crawling around the floor, as she cuddled up at one end of the couch. " Watch out for that railing on the side of the road JJ! You're not supposed to run into it and I think one of the objects of the game is to stay ON the road! " she laughed.

" Like I didn't know that Stazzie, " A.J joked as he rolled his eyes.

" Morning, " Lauren greeted as she came up behind A.J and wrapped her arms around his neck. A.J tilted his head and the two of them engaged in a kiss.

" I beat you Daddy! I beat you! " Chase cried out triumphantly.

" That's not fair! Your Mommy distracted me! "

" Oh, you big cry baby, " Lauren laughed as she came and sat by him. " Is Howie still sleeping? "

" Yeah, " Nastasia replied as she pulled Alexandria onto her lap. " I don't think he's going to be feeling very well today... "

" Why do you say that? "

" He was up all night running to the bathroom... "

" Oh... "

" I knew he drank too much, " A.J laughed.

" So I won't be surprised if he has a major hangover. "

Just then, a very tired-looking Howie came stumbling down the stairs. His hair was tied up in a messy ponytail and he had slightly noticable bags under his eyes. He ran a hand over his face as he yawned and sat down next to Nastasia.

" Morning D, how do ya feel? " A.J smirked.

Howie just grumbled.

" What was that? "

" I said I need some asprin, " Howie said, raising his voice a little.

" Got a hang over there? "

" Just a little... " He leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes. Alexandria squirmed off her mother's lap and crawled onto Howie, causing him to jump a little. He opened his eyes and smiled. " Hey there sweetie, " he said as he moved some of his daughter's blond hair out of her face. Though she was a mommy's girl, she was very much a daddy's girl.

" So, what's the plans for today? "

" Me and Staz are going shopping. You guys get to stay home and watch the kids, " Lauren grinned.

" And why didn't we hear about this until now? " A.J asked.

" Because this way, you can't protest that you have plans. "

" I ain't changing any diapers. No way! " A.J exclaimed. " You're on you're own with that D. "

" Thanks, I feel honored, " Howie mumbled.