- Text Size +
Chapter 40:

Nastasia warmed up in her dressing room as she slipped into her costume. She sang softly to herself as she dressed. She wanted to keep her mind off her father. Before she knew it Lauren was watching her as she zipped up her back.

"Damn, I hate having a beautiful friend." Lauren teased as she fell onto one of the comfy cushioned chairs in the room. Nastasia looked back at her and rolled her eyes.

The boys decided they wanted leather for their dancers. Making each dancer's outfit unique. Nastasia's consisted of tight leather pants reaching low below her belly button and a black tank top reaching the top of her belly button. She felt nervous as she let her long blonde hair down, swaying down to her lower back.

"I look like a prostitute." Nastasia whined as she looked back to her friend. Lauren looked comfortable in a pair of flares and a tank top. She looked beautiful and perfect. She envied Lauren.

"You look like a dancer who's making a ton of money." Lauren smiled.

"I'm not worried about money." Nastasia frowned.

"Then what are you worried about?"

"I'm worried about giving Lexie a perfect family."

"She's already got that.

'I wish' Nastasia thought sadly as she turned away from her friend. Sometimes it hurt badly to see Howie and Alexandria together. It even felt like if she was gone from the picture that Alexandria wouldn't care. She'd be with her daddy, who needed mommy?

"Stazzie, you okay sweetheart?" Lauren called softly. Nastasia had been acting weird since the start of her nervous breakdown. She thought Nastasia was over that, but she could tell in her eyes. Something wasn't right.

"I'm fine, just can't wait to dance with Kevvy." Nastasia replied as the door slammed open. She jumped to see Nick and Brian standing there, grinning wildly. She laughed, both were hyped on sugar.

"Bri-Bear! Nicky!" Nastasia squealed as she gave them hugs and kisses, then Lauren jumped in. "Why did you do that?"

"We were hoping you'd be-" Nick started to grin, but Brian punched his shoulder hard. Shutting him up quickly.

"We wanted to come get you. The show is starting." Brian smiled as he took ahold of Lauren's arm. "And I get to show Laurie to her seat."

"Lucky me." Lauren grinned.

"Lucky you." Nick smiled, "Staz, can I pay you to dance with me?"

"How much?" Nastasia asked as they walked out of the room. Nick was about to name his price when Kevin came walking over. Nastasia glared playfully at Nick, "How dare you bribe me! I love my Kevvy!"

"Staz you just said-"

"I said I wanted my KEVVY! No deal!" Nastasia answered as she looped her arm around Kevin's arm. He smiled as Nick looked lost. Nastasia grinned playfully, maybe this show would be better.

******

Lauren was on the edge of her seat the entire show. AJ had been dancing beautifully the whole time. No mistakes as far as Lauren could tell. He kept making refrences to Lauren as he talked, blowing kisses her way. She smiled, she loved him dearly.

Even the fans had responded nicely to Lauren. She had girls flocking around her, asking for autographs. She happily agreed until AJ's bodyguard came over in case one of the fans wasn't too nice. She thanked him silently, but still offered sweet smiles to the fans.

Howie was looking spectacular also. His rhythmic moves sent lots of girls into hysterics. He blew kisses to the fans as he sung his parts. But he still kept an eye on Nastasia. Over protective, just like AJ.

On the other hand Nastasia and Kevin were an awesome pair. Nastasia had something about her that seemed to get the boys hyped. Both fans and the band themselves. Everytime Nastasia came up to the end to dance she had boys whistling at her. She laughed, not thinking anything about it.

Then when she and Kevin danced she seemed to be lost. She had her own style to dancing, which was terrific. She was unlike any other dancer. Making her a great catch. Her gyrating of hips, swishing and shaking seemed to make Kevin weak in the knees. He had a grin on his face the entire time. Lauren was going to comment on it later.

"It's been a great show!" Kevin sighed as he took a deep chug of water. It was their last song, then they were done. Nastasia's heart was pumping to a maximum as Kevin looped his arm around Nastasia's waist. "I'd like you to give it up for my dancer here tonight. She's been a saint. And I'm truely happy having her be mine..."

Cheers rose from the audience, making Nastasia blush. She looked to see Lauren going wild for her. She laughed, happy to have her friend there. Then hoots and hollers came from the crowd, men's eyes growing wide as their jaws dropped. Nastasia was definitely a beauty.

"THANKS Y'ALL! THANKS TO MY WIFE FOR SHOWING UP TOO!" AJ yelled with a goofy grin on his face, Lauren laughed.

"Thanks to my wife too!" Howie laughed.

"Thanks to the fans!" Brian smiled.

"Thanks to us!" Nick piped in.

"NICK!" Everyone yelled, making the crowd cheer as he gave an innocent grin. One he had learned from Nastasia.

*******

"MY GOSH! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!" Nastasia squealed as they just finished their song. Kevin gave a hoot as he twirled Nastasia in a circle. She smiled as she kissed his cheek. "You guys rocked!"

"What'd you think?" AJ asked as he kissed Lauren's neck. She smiled, smelling the faint smell of cologne. She loved that smell.

"Awesome." Lauren murmured.

"Did you see all those guys looking at STAZ?!" Brian laughed as he grabbed a towel and a giant slug of water. Nastasia began to blush as Kevin laughed.

"She does appeal to the crowd."

"Mostly the males." Lauren piped in.

"Shut up!" Nastasia blushed.

"Yeah! Shut up! She's mine!" Howie answered his voice dripping with jealousness. Nastasia laughed as she moved to wrap her arms tightly around him.

"You did a great job tonight." She purred.

"I sung for you." He whispered back.

"Good." Nastasia smiled as they were about to kiss, but Nick tore her away from him. She yelped as Howie looked angrily at Nick. Wanting to get a private moment with his wife. He missed her cuddly moments.

"Staz! Let's go out and celebrate!" Nick answered as he hugged her. Nastasia laughed, he was still hyper.

"Yeah! I want to take you!" Kevin smiled.

"Wait! You got to dance with her! I think I should be the one to take her out. That way I get to dance with her when we're clubbin'. Jezz, you're keeping her all to yourself Kev!" Nick growled.

"She's my wife!" Howie answered suddenly.

"I never get time with Staz!" Brian jumped in.

"Me either!" Lauren and AJ called suddenly, making Nastasia laugh harder. She didn't know she was so loved. Which surprised her greatly.

"Why don't we all just go?" Nastasia answered, finishing it off with a dazzeling smile.