- Text Size +
Chapter 41:

" Well, that's one show down and however many more to go, " Brian joked as they all took a seat around one of the larger tables at the club.

" We're just getting started, " Kevin laughed.

" Does anyone want to dance? " Nastasia asked, her heart pumping and ready to go for some more dancing; she never quit. " Cause ain't that what we came here for? "

" I'll dance with you, " Kevin and Nick said in unison and stood up before anyone else had a chance to offer. Nick growled as he glared at Kevin.

" Actually, I'll let Nicky boy have the first dance with you, I'll take the next, " Kevin answered, sitting down, leaving Nick to his satisfaction.

" Do you mind babe, or do you want to dance? " Nastasia asked as she turned to her husband.

Howie smiled up at her. " No, you go ahead. Just promise me you'll save the last dance, " he grinned.

" It's a promise, " Nastasia smiled, her ocean eyes sparking. " Well Mr. Carter, shall we dance? "

" Yes we shall, " Nick grinned, linking his arm with hers, finally getting his moment to dance with her. He lead her out to the dance floor.

Brian stood up. " Yo J, from fear of getting my butt kicked because I didn't ask, can I have permission for the honor of dancing with your amazingly beautiful, may I add SEXY wife? "

" That's my wife you're talking about 'Rok! "

" What, am I not those things Alex? " Lauren asked playfully, a hurtful look appearing on her face.

" No baby, you're all those things and a hell of a lot more. But only I can talk about you like that, " A.J grinned. He began to smother her with kisses, making everyone at the table groan.

" With sweet words like that Bri Bear, you don't need Alex's permission, " Lauren grinned at A.J and stood up. " It'd be a pleasure to dance with you, my hot, sexy, southern boy to- "

" Lauren! " A.J gasped, surprise written all over his face.

" Sorry Baby, I couldn't resist doing that, because I knew you would take it seriously, " Lauren laughed.

" Why do I have a feeling that any minute J is going to kick my butt? " Brian asked as he backed up.

" Because I am! " A.J growled.

" You best not lay a hand on my Bri Bear, " Lauren giggled pushing A.J back into his seat. " Because you'll be out of the room, " she whispered in his ear.

" So you're trying to tell that if I knock some sense into 'Rok, then there won't be any fun later tonight? "

" Nope. "

" Damn, you're safe this time 'Rok, " A.J grinned as he recieved a well passionate kiss from his wife.

" Am I still offered a dance Bri Bear? " Lauren asked, turning back to Brian.

" Definately. "

*****

It was nearing closing time for the club and people were beginning to clear the dance floor. Howie wrapped his arms around Nastasia's body tightly, getting their dance in liked they had promised, before the club closed.

" We usually don't make special request announcements like this, because the owner of the club says it's not company policy or something? " the DJ announced over the speaker, cutting in at the end of the song that had been playing. " But this guy came up to me tonight and told me that he was here with his wife and he said how much he loved her and he wanted her to know that to him, she is his EVERYTHING. So here it is, 98 Degrees - " My Everything ", dedicated to this guy's special someone. "

Nastasia looked up at Howie with questioning eyes.

" Yes, I requested this song as a dedication to you, " Howie answered, leaning in to give her a kiss.

" You're too sweet to me, " Nastasia whispered, her heart warming.

" I just wanted you to know that, " Howie began. " You are my everything. Nothing your love won't bring. My life is your's alone. The only love I've ever known. Your spirit pulls me through, when nothing else will do. Every night I pray, on bended knee, that you will always be, my everything, " he sang into her ear as he held her close.

" I wouldn't let you have it any other way, " Nastasia smiled as she layed her head against his chest and they continued to sway to the music.

*****

" Where'd Howie and Stazzie run off to? " Lauren asked as her and A.J walked into the hotel after paying the cab.

" Up to their room I'm guessing, " A.J answered with a grin. " The same as we're about to do. "

" Wait, what about Chase? "

" He'll stay with Mom tonight. "

" You already asked her? "

" No...but...I was going to... "

" I don't know how she puts up with you, " Lauren laughed.

" Well, she has put up with me my whole life. "

" And I don't know how she did. "

" Watch it. "

" I'm kidding. "

" Yeah, I bet. I'll meet you up in the room, you know where, " A.J grinned.

*****

" Just one minute, " Denise called form inside the room. " Alex! How was the show? "

" It went great. A total success, " A.J replied, offering his mother a hug. He walked inside. " You missed out on a great show. "

" Are you trying to make your poor old mom feel bad for wanting to spend time with her grandkids? "

" No, but I need to ask you a favor, well, two favors actually. "

" And what would that be? "

" Well, the first one is on the behalf of Howie and Stazzie. "

" Just spit it out Alex. "

" Howie and Stazzie went to their room to have a little fun and - "

" Alex! "

" What? "

" That's none of your business. "

" Yeah, yeah. " A.J rolled his eyes. " So basically, could you keep Lexie for the night? "

" Doesn't seem like I have a choice, " Denise laughed. " What's the other favor? "

Before A.J could answer, Chase came running up to him.

" Daddy! "

" What are you doing up still Chaser? " A.J asked as he launched Chase into his arms.

" Me no sleep! "

" Well, you should be. "

" We go to our room now? "

" No, you're gonna stay with Grammy tonight. Oh, by the way mom, that's the other favor... "

" No, I don't want to! " Chase whined, his eyebrows furling up, just like A.J when he was angry.

" Well you have to, because I said so. "

" No! "

" Yes! "

" No! "

" Yes! " A.J laughed as he set his son down. " So, you don't mind keeping Chase tonight? "

" No, I don't. "

" Or Lexie? "

" I don't mind keeping both of them. And Lexie is a doll. I'm being able to catch up on the time I missed with Chase when he was that age. "

A.J frowned, a lump growing in his throat as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

" Oh Alex, I didn't mean it like that. "

" N-no, it's ok mom... "

" Don't worry about the kids. Go be with Laurie. "

" Alright, I'll see you in the morning. Thanks again. " He gave Denise a kiss on the cheek and hurried off down the hall.