- Text Size +
Chapter 42:

That night Howie had been extremely tired from the concert. He was already snuggled deep in the covers as Nastasia came out of the bathroom. She was in one of his wife beaters and a pair of his silk boxers. He smiled, he thought it was sexy that she wore his clothing.

"Hey babe, you coming to bed? Or are you just going to tease me by standing there all night?" Howie asked as Nastasia piled her hair into a messy bun. She glared at him playfully.

"Where's Lex?" She asked after a few moments.

"Denise has her. Thanks to AJ." Howie grinned as Nastasia frowned.

"Mom has had those kids all night and she's letting them sleep with her? I'm going to go and-"

"Nastasia, she wants to see Alexia. Would you let it drop and come to bed? We hardly ever have time alone anymore." Howie whined as Nastasia looked back to him.

"What's that mean?" She asked.

"Nick and Kevin were always sweeping you away to dance tonight, then there was AJ and his constant butting in between you and me." Howie answered with a sigh. He was the one married to her, but still it seemed that everyone else was married to her as well.

"Kevvy and Nicky didn't mean anything by it. They just like to dance." Nastasia pouted.

"And I do too." Howie answered.

"You poor baby." Nastasia laughed as she jumped onto the bed and cuddled in the covers. She began to kiss his neck lovingly, making him tingle with pleasure as he wrapped his arms around her slender waist and began to kiss her.

"I love when you kiss me." Howie laughed as she kissed him more, working from his neck up to his lips. She grinned as she kissed him over and over.

"I love to kiss you." She whispered back, connecting their lips again, then she snuggled tightly down in his arms. He wrapped them tighter around her as she listened to his heart beat.

"Man, I remember when I was younger..." Nastasia whispered after a few moments of silence. Howie's heart jumped, she never talked about when she was younger. It was like those things were blocked out of her mind. "My momma used to hold me tight after...well...she'd just whisper to me that it'd be okay. She'd just hold me, then we'd fall asleep...or she'd go back to her drink-"

Nastasia felt the words get lost in her throat. Her mother was just as lost as she was when she was younger. Although her father never really striked her mother, more or less just yelled at her. The abuse was saved for Nastasia. Then her mother would say something like it'd be all right. But never said she loved her. Deep inside Nastasia knew she was an accident.

"Staz, baby? You want to talk about it?" Howie called, just as she had started to open up she had shut back up. Making a wall build stronger around that part of her heart. She didn't want to think of those things. She wanted to be happy.

"Nah, what did you say about me kissing you again?" Nastasia purred as she rolled onto Howie's stomach. Easing herself into a comfortable posistion as Howie smiled.

"I said I loved you kissing me." Howie answered, smiling up at her. A little better about her opening up. Even though it was a tiny bit. He would have to talk to Lauren soon.

"Good, cuz I love kissing you." Nastasia purred as she locked lips with his. Kissing him tenderly as heat flamed through his body. He wrapped his arms around her and started to kiss back, enjoying the closeness of her body.

*****

That next morning they were already on the tour buses. The tour was headed to Alanta Georgia. Deep in the country, which Nastasia was happy about. She loved the south, it was a part of her.

"Jezz, I think Staz is more hyper than Chase!" AJ laughed as Nastasia jumped off the couch in the middle of the tourbus and jumped onto AJ's lap.

"I am hyper! And it's all Nicky's fault!" Nastasia said with a crazy laugh, making everyone else burst into loud laughs as she grabbed AJ's cowboy hat off the top of his head.

"Just think if Alexia turns out like that." Denise laughed as she patted Howie on the shoulder. He groaned loudly, not being able to even think about that.

"She already acts like her mom more than ever." Lauren answered as AJ wrapped his arms around her again, kissing her neck softly. She giggled as a familar sound came on the radio. Suddenly Nastasia jumped up from talking with Brian and turned the radio up loud.

"Oh no! Here goes a remake of Coyote Ugly!" Nick laughed as Nastasia started to get into the grove of the strong southern beat filling the tourbus. Howie laughed, this was definitely going to be something!

******

A lovely beat of Billy Gilman's "I Think She Loves Me" came on the radio. Nastasia felt uneasy, she had another nightmare last night. Everytime she had one she'd just do crazy things to forget it. Sometimes a little too crazy.

"Mom! Remember when JJ and I were younger? You were so into country music! You'd have us dress up in cowboy hats and sing and dance!" Nastasia called as the music began to pick up. Making her heart race.

"DON'T REMIND ME STAZ!" AJ groaned as Lauren smirked.

"Hello Mr. Cowboy." She teased as AJ slapped her playfully. He grinned as she rolled her eyes and kissed him softly. Everyone else turned their gazes back to Nastasia, to see what she'd do.

"I think she likes me and I know I like her. It's kinda frightening cuz it's too soon to be sure. I think she likes me. Maybe even might be love. Should I be patient or should I ask her straight out? That smile she gave me don't leave too much room for doubt." Nastasia began to sing, letting her voice go. Hitting the notes at just the right pitches to gain everyone's attention.

"WOW! AUNTIE STAZ!" Chase laughed as Nastasia began to dance to the beat, keeping the cowboy hat low on her face. Letting the music take her and her audience away.

"Our first kiss said more than goodnight! I bet I relived it a thousand times. And I can't predict what the future's going to bring, but those looks she's been giving me can only mean one thing." Nastasia sung out with another burst of engery, swinging her hips to the beat as she dipped down. Making her sweet innocence turn into something sexy and very wanted. Just like Nastasia.

"Come on, this could get bad." Brian whispered in Lauren's ear as he tugged her to the back. Leaving everyone else mesmirized by Nastasia's dancing and singing.

******

"Jezz, between you and her someone's going to get jumped on tour." Brian laughed as he and Lauren collapsed onto the giant couch in the back room. They could hear the faint beat of the music drumming in their ears.

"What do you mean jumped?" Lauren laughed as she draped her legs on Brian's lap. She knew what he was saying. Nastasia was a beautiful girl, it was hard to resist the temptation lurking with every move she made.

"You know what I mean blondie! I mean someone will be having fun in the bedroom. You see the way Nick and Kev watch Staz like a hawk? If Howie ever screwed up, they'd jump her fast." Brian laughed, the teasing note in his voice making Lauren laugh.

"I think Howie would kill them."

"And I'd jump you." Brian teased.

"Bring it on, we're all alone." Lauren growled, seduction hinting in her voice. Making Brian laugh harder.

"AJ would kill me."

"I know, I love him better than I love you anyway!" Lauren smiled.

"Now I'm hurt!"

"For real! Me too!" Lauren laughed, "Everyone likes Staz better than me."

"Not-uh. They just like her sexual appeal."

"Now Stazzie's going to beat you up."

"Everyone's on my case!" Brian answered, flinging his arms in the air. Lauren laughed as she cuddled up close to Brian, him giving her an affectionate brotherly hug.

"Can I ask you a question?" Brian asked as he kept his arms around Lauren. She looked up, her and Brian hardly had serious conversations. They were always joking and playing. He and her were very close though. So, it counted for something.

"Sure, shoot Bri."

"Why did you and J break up in the first place? Like one day you guys were hot and heavy, then the next he was cursing at you. I didn't understand, then you just disappeared suddenly." Brian asked softly, like he had been pondering it for a long time.

"Devon."

"Yeah, I knew that. But I never knew why Devon..."

"AJ thought I was sleeping with Devon." Lauren responded, her heart growing cold remembering the night AJ had walked in. But it had all turned into the better. She and AJ were married now.

"Who was Devon?"

"A friend from high school. He, Stazzie, me, and Jeff used to hang around a lot. We were like inseperable. Devon liked me a little too much, but all I saw was a friend. Well, then he still hung out with me when I met AJ. So, we were just hanging out in the bedroom, and AJ walked in. Needless to say I never talked to Devon again." Lauren sighed sadly, upset to have that friendship done and over with.

"I'm sorry Laur." Brian whispered.

"He still calls sometimes. I just hang up the phone. Then his letters are sitting in this shoebox in my house. I never had the guts to open them. If AJ found out-"

"Where's Devon now?"

"New York."

"We're going there."

"What are the chances of seeing him?" Lauren laughed, not worried about it at all.

"I don't know." Brian laughed as Lauren jumped up suddenly. Aching to see Nastasia again. Something was deeply connected in her and Nastasia's relationship.

"Let's go see how Stazzie's doing with her strip number." Lauren teased.

"STRIPPING?! MAN! COME ON LAUREN!" Brian joked, pulling Lauren out the door.