- Text Size +
Chapter 45:

The rest of the day seemed quite ackward, to Lauren that is. Her mind was still plagues with the thought of Devon wanting to see her again. At first, she wouldn't dare consider it, but gradually, as she thought about it more, she found herself wanting to see him. She didn't know what to think because they would arriving in New York in two days.

As she tried to take her mind away from the shock of Devon's call, she watched as Howie and Nastasia slowly slipped away from each other. Even though Nastasia had denied the fact that something had happened when questioned earlier, Lauren knew something was wrong. She knew too well when her best friend was holding something back from her, and this was one of those times.

Lauren didn't know what to make of it either. She didn't want to think of them having relationship problems again. Neither of them deserved that. But things weren't looking very good and that was obvious during rehearsal.

Howie and Nastasia would go near each other and the sad thing was, it seemed like they were trying to avoid each other. Every time Howie would see Nastasia, he would glare angrily at her. But why could he be so angry?

Lauren could tell it was hurting Nastasia too, not matter how much her friend tried to hide it. It showed the most in her dancing. She didn't show as much enthusiasm during rehearsal as she usually did, and she stumbled quite a bit. And Kevin looked to have been blaming himself for Nastasia's dancing mistakes because he repeatedly apologized to her during and after rehearsal.

Howie himself was showing hate towards everyone. He would make it a point to snap at anyone who tried to talk to him and he kept to himself as much a possible.

*****

" Nastasia Anne Dorough! Hurry up! " Lauren called playfully as she knocked on the bathroom door in Howie and Nastasia's hotel room.

Nastasia had been in the bathroom for quite a while, her excuse being that she was getting ready to head over to the arena, where everyone else was already. She had refused to go with them all when they went and Lauren knew why; Howie.

" C'mon Stazzie, I'm serious! You really need to hurry up! " Lauren called again as she folded her arms over her chest.

" I'll be out in a minute! " Nastasia called back.

Lauren rolled her eyes as she turned away from the door. " What's with you? " she asked her son after finding him standing behind her with an odd look on his face.

" I got to go to da bathroom, " Chase replied, his eyebrows furling as he jumped up and down.

" You're gonna have to wait. "

" But I have to go now! "

" Well Aunt Stazzie is HOGGING THE BATHROOM! "

" You're funny Laurie, " Nastasia grumbled as she walked out of the bathroom and Chase ran in, slamming the door shut.

" Yes, I know I am, " Lauren replied sarcastically as she watched her friend sit on the edge of the bed and make a move to put on her adidas shoes. She frowned when seeing the depressed look on her friend's face. " Stazzie, what's wrong? " she sighed.

" Nothing's wrong. "

" Yeah right. "

" It's not important. "

" Yes it is. Anything that is wrong with my best friend is important. "

Nastasia sighed as she stood up and walked over to the dresser. " Have you ever thought about divorce? "

Lauren's heart stopped. " What?! "

" Have you ever thought about divorce? "

" W-why are you asking that? "

" Have you? "

" No, I have no reason to. What's wrong Stazzie? "

Nastasia didn't answer. She walked back over to the bed and sat down.

" Please don't tell me you're - " Lauren began, not wanting to finish her sentence. Nastasia only nodded in response. " Oh god Stazzie... " She couldn't believe this. It couldn't be this bad between them. " W-why?! "

" He doesn't want to be married to me... "

" That's not true. "

" Yes, it is. He told me. "

" What? "

" JJ came in to talk to me, and then - well I got upset about something and then Howie came into the room. He asked what was wrong, but I-I couldn't tell him. Then he just blew up totally and said he wished he never would have married me in the first place... " Nastasia burried her head in her hands as the tears began to fall.

" He couldn't of- "

" Ask JJ, he was there. "

" He didn't mean it. "

" He did too. Now he hates me and I've screwed up my marraige, " Nastasia sobbed as she lete everything out, not being able to hold it in any longer.

" Howie doesn't hate you. He didn't mean what he said. "

" Yes he did. I've caused my marraige to fall apart. "

" Stazzie... "

" I love Howie with all my heart, but I've managed to somehow screw up my marraige. He doesn't love me anymore and he probably never has, " Nastasia cried as Lauren wrapped her arms around her. Nastasia could still hear Howie's words ringing in her ears and it shattered her heart.

Lauren could feel herself becoming angry as her friend cried freely in her arms. Her anger was directly aimed at Howie and she was going to give him a piece of her mind.

*****

" What's up with Howie? " Brian asked as he walked up to A.J who was checking over his outfit.

A.J looked over to find Howie sulking in a corner by himself. He was angry at him for what he had said to Nastasia earlier that day, and he was also confused.

" The hell if I know, " he lied and walked away, leaving Brian in confusion and wondering what was wrong with everyone.

" Stazzie! " Kevin yelled as Nastasia, Lauren and Chase walked into the dressing-room. As soon as he saw the tears in her eyes, he ran over to her. " What's wrong sweetheart? " he asked, embracing her in a hug.

Lauren heard a scuff come from Howie and the anger boiled within her. She went over to him, the words almost rushing from her mouth.

" What the hell is wrong with you? "

Howie stood up without emotion and stared at Lauren with hate. " Don't start, " he hissed and tried to walked past her, but she backed him against the wall. " What the hell is your problem?! "

" You're my problem, " Lauren spat, not allowing him to get away.

" You've got issues, now get out of my way. "

" You are going to listen to me wether you like it or not! "

Howie paused, taken aback by her outburt. " What do you want? "

" I want to know why you acted like such an ass to Staz. "

" I don't know what the hell you're talking about. "

" Bullshit Howie! Take your head out of your ass and use your brain! You have some nerve to tell Staz that you wish you never would have married her. She takes so much shit from you and that's what you tell her. "

" Bullshit. "

" That's right, you are bullshit. She loves you with all her heart and this is how you repay her. You don't fucking deserve her at all. "

Howie could feel the breath being taken away from him as he was punched in the stomach. He glared hurtfully at Lauren and then pushed past her, slamming out the dressing-room door.

Lauren turned around to find everyone staring on in shocked silence. Then Brian ran out of the room after Howie.