- Text Size +
Chapter 48:

Nastasia sat gloomily on the bed as AJ came back in. Alexandria was playing on the floor, she seemed to be casted in a state of depression too. Following her mother's emotions. Something very special between the two.

"You okay babe?" AJ asked softly as he sat on the bed next to Nastasia. She clicked off the TV and turned to face AJ. She seemed to be deep in thought.

"I was thinking...when I file divorce papers...Should I just give Alexandria to Howie?" Nastasia asked seriously, taking AJ back a few steps.

"What?" He asked.

"She loves him more than me. She'd be devastated living with me and without her father. I think it'd scar her...emotionally..." Nastasia replied softly, tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Alexia loves you." AJ whispered.

"I don't think I can be a good mother...after all...look what kind of family I have..." Nastasia laughed cruely, her whole family had started this mess. Her past had come back around to bite her again.

"Your saying mom was a bad mom?" AJ asked.

"You know what I'm saying JJ." Nastasia snapped back.

"You know Howie's upset." AJ replied.

"You know he doesn't love me anymore." Nastasia replied as she stood up and walked over to where her clothing was piled. She had taken it out of Howie's room as soon as she got back from the concert. She sifted through massive amounts of clothing as AJ watched her.

"He does-"

"Not."

"Nastasia Anne Dorough!" AJ yelled, frustrated with her naive comments.

"It's not Dorough anymore." Nastasia replied.

"Nastasia-"

"Do you think mom would mind if I took off for a few hours?" Nastasia replied, changing the subject quickly as she placed an outfit out on the bed.

"Where the hell are you going at this hour?" AJ moaned.

"Out. I need a drink."

"You shouldn't be drinking when you feel-"

"Stop being my dad AJ!" Nastasia yelled loudly, causing AJ to back off a bit.

"What about Lex?"

"Howie can take care of her. He might as well get used to it." Nastasia replied carefully as she started to get dressed.

*****

Lauren sat on her bed. She was still uneasy, Nastasia refused to speak with anyone. Even her best friend. Something seemed terribly wrong with her, usually she opened up to Lauren.

Lauren fell back onto the bed as the phone rang. She yawned as she picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Lauren, glad I caught you."

Lauren felt her heart grow cold. Devon.

"What?"

"Why so impatient?"

"Because my husband isn't too fond of you."

"Is he there?"

"No."

"Then you can talk with me."

"Devon-"

"Are you going to meet me at New York?"

"I love AJ too much."

"What does he have to do with us?"

"Everything." Lauren replied, gritting her teeth. Her anger seething into every part of her body.

"But-"

"Gotta go!" Lauren replied as AJ burst into the room. He looked to see Lauren throw the phone onto the nearby bed. He glanced at her curiously.

"Who was it babe?" AJ asked as Lauren threw her arms affectionantly around his neck.

"Wrong number."

"You've been getting a lot of those..."

"I love you..." Lauren purred.

"But-"

He never had time to finish, because Lauren's lips were pressed tightly to his. He let his hands rest on her hips, kissing her back. He loved that.

*******

Denise had finished talking with Howie about ten minutes later. He was convinced to speak with Nastasia and sort out their problems. He wanted her back, he missed her terribly.

"Lauren? Is Staz in there?" Howie asked softly as he peeked into AJ and Lauren's hotel room. Alexandria was playing with Chase on one of the beds. AJ and Lauren were talking quietly, Lauren quickly leaned over and gave AJ a small kiss.

"No, I don't-"

"Forget it!" Howie answered quickly as he saw Denise's door slam shut. He looked to see Nastasia walking out the door. "NASTASIA!"

Nastasia snapped back, the voice had frightened her. She looked to see Howie running her way. She frowned, he probably wanted to yell at her some more.

But she waited and fingered the rings on her hand. The ones Howie had gave her, which were supposed to represent the love he had for her. They seemed tarnished now.

"Stazzie." Howie called as he ran up to her. She stood there, still fingering the rings. Howie felt his breath be taken away as he looked at her.

Nastasia wore a tight black mini-skirt with a green tube top, bringing her ocean eyes out. Her long blonde hair let down, swaying softly. She looked sexy, although Howie knew it wasn't for him.

"What?" She asked softly, anger still burning in her voice.

"I want to say-"

"Lex is all yours. Don't even worry about it. She's with Lauren, waiting for you. I decided you can have full custody of her...I'll call when I want to see her." Nastasia replied, her words hitting Howie harder than ever.

"Staz, I-"

"You don't have to say it. Here." Nastasia replied as she pulled the rings from her finger. The sapphire ring he had given her as an engagement ring. Then the wedding band the words, "Love Always" inscripted on it.

"These-"

"Are yours. You gave them to me out of the love in your heart. It hurts me too much to have them. They represented the love you promised me, but since there was never love...why should I keep them?" Nastasia asked, her voice choking as tears threatened her gentle eyes.

"Staz I-"

"I'm going out. Not that you care. I'm in a hurry. So, excuse me." Nastasia replied, as she pushed passed him. Howie fell to the floor sobbing, although Nastasia never looked back.

"I love you Staz." Howie replied softly.

*******

"Howie?" Lauren called softly, she heard yelling in the hallway. AJ and her walked to the hallway to see Howie sobbing on the floor. AJ knew Nastasia had given him the rings.

"Wha?" Howie choked out, his sobs catching him. Sending him into a fit full of shivers. Lauren bent down and held him tightly, knowing Nastasia was aching just as badly.

"Are you okay?" Lauren whispered.

"I want to die..." Howie choked again.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do." Howie sobbed.

"Where is Staz?" Kevin asked as he walked into the hallway, seeing the mass of people. He winced as AJ frowned. He knew this wasn't good.

"She went out." AJ answered.

"You knew?!" Howie spat.

"D, stop." Lauren pleaded.

"Where'd she go?" Kevin asked.

"Down to the MoonLight club. She said she wanted a stiff drink..." AJ replied, worry casting in his eyes as Lauren shot up from Howie.

"A drink?!" Lauren whispered.

"That's what she told me. Although I'm thinking it'll be more than a drink..." AJ answered back, knowing it was her father that was soaring through her blood. His temper was driving her insane. She hated confrontations, a result from the abuse from her father.

"She's going to be hammered..." Lauren whispered back, fear ringing through her voice. "She's bound to want to drive home...and kill herself... Or some guy will take advantage of her and she'll end up in his backseat..."

"Not if I'm there." Kevin replied as he fished in his pockets, finding the car keys. They had rented a car for a day. He felt strongly attached to Nastasia, as did Nick. They'd do anything to help her out.

"You'll get her?" Lauren asked hopefully.

"Yes," Kevin replied, "She's too beautiful to go down like that."

"Thanks Kev." AJ whispered as Kevin ran down the hall. He looked back to Lauren, who still seemed shocked by Nastasia's reaction to the whole fight. "We'll lock Howie and her in a room when she comes home."

"Come on Howie." Lauren whispered as she helped him to his feet. He was still sobbing, which made Lauren feel worse.

"I miss her." Howie whispered.

"Me too." Lauren replied, "Let's wait in my room for her to come home. Okay?"