- Text Size +
Chapter 5:

"How did you get out of the house in that little number?!" Lauren laughed as her and Nastasia walked around the mall. Nastasia rolled her eyes. She wore a pair of dark denim flares and a tank top reaching just above her belly button. Lauren laughed, her friend was absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Nastasia seemed to be even more slimmer than when she had Alexandria, which made Lauren envious again. But, Nastasia never bragged about herself, which made Lauren love her more.

"Howie has a hangover, how the hell would he notice what I was wearing?" Nastasia laughed as they went into the local surf shop. It was one of Nastasia’s favorite stores to shop in for bathing suits.

"True!" Lauren laughed as she watched the man in the store eye them as they walked in. He looked her over, then his eyes stuck to Nastasia. Lauren laughed, he’d sure be shocked to find a wedding band on her finger.

"I’m a little worried about Alexia being home with those three." Nastasia answered as she looked over the bikinis. She needed a new one for her and Howie’s honeymoon this weekend. She wanted to keep it hidden from Howie too, it’d be his surprise.

"Those three?" Lauren laughed as she picked up a bright blue bikini, matching her bright sapphire eyes. She held it up for Nastasia’s approval. Nastasia looked at it and nodded.

"Chase, JJ, and Howie."

"You’ve left Lexie home with Howie before."

"When he was sober!"

"Alex is there."

"My point exactly. We left my child with three children!" Nastasia laughed.

"Chase would be the most mature out of that bunch wouldn’t he?"

"That’s what scares me."

"They’re probably killing each other right now. And Lexie is laughing her head off at them." Lauren suggested as Nastasia picked up a bikini. Lauren gazed at it and pondered it. This bikini was the tube top type with the string bottoms. It was a Hawaiian printed type with bright greens and purples. Lauren thought Nastasia would look fantastic in it.

"Can you believe my baby is starting to walk? She’s probably running away from them! And Howie doesn't know she can get up and down those steps on her little bottom. She crawls up them and slides back down!" Nastasia laughed as Lauren looked at the bikini once more and smiled.

"True, and I think that bikini is so you! Find one of the sexier ones and you’ll be set for the Carribbean baby!" Lauren laughed as Nastasia hugged her. Lauren rolled her eyes as she found the man staring at them again.

"Can you pick out the sexier one? I’m not good at that!"

"Sure."

"I hope Alexia is all right."

"Stop worrying! I’m sure she hasn’t killed them!"

********

Chase and Alexandria continued to play on the floor. Chase was showing her how to play pokemon with her stuffed animals. AJ and Howie were on the couch resting and surfing the channels. Howie’s head was easing down, although he did miss Nastasia. He couldn’t wait to take her to the Carribbean, then he’d have her all to himself.

"Let me guess who you’re thinking about." AJ said after a few moments of silence between the boys. Howie glanced over and grinned wryly at him. His brown eyes glimmering with a certain spark that had been there since his wedding day.

"I’m thinking about Carmen Electra." Howie teased.

"You lie so bad!"

"Why?"

"Cause Staz is a lot better looking than Carmen, AND she’s a lot more real than Carmen!" AJ answered with a laugh.

"How would you know?!" Howie challenged.

"There was that one night-"

"Shut up! You’re married!"

"So?" AJ laughed, "Lauren would understand."

"Stazzie’s married!"

"So?"

"TO ME!"

"You were thinking of All Fake Carmen."

"No I wasn’t!"

"Sure!"

"I swear, it was all Staz man."

"You know you’re lucky you have her."

"I know." Howie grinned as they became quiet again.

"Daddy?" Chase called out suddenly. Alexandria let out a loud coo as she reached for her Pooh Bear and started to hug it. AJ looked away from the TV at his son lazily, he yawned.

"What Chaser?"

"Something stinks!"

"What?!" AJ asked as he sat up. Howie groaned loudly as he sat up and looked down at the two children. Alexandria cooed as she crawled over to her father, she wobbled a bit as she stood up with the help of the couch.

"Alexia pooped!" Chase called out as he waved his hand in the air in front of his nose. AJ groaned loudly as Howie glanced back at him. He made a face as Alexandria laughed.

"I’ll pay you twenty bucks to change that diaper." Howie stated to AJ as Alexandria laughed again.

*******

Howie and AJ both agreed to change the diaper together. Chase decided he would stay downstairs in the living room, he knew what would happen up there. The guys hated diaper changing, and AJ wasn’t that good at it.

"Man, she must be your kid!" AJ moaned loudly as he held Alexandria an arm’s length away from him. Howie glared at him as they walked into Alexandria’s nursery room. Her room connected to the master bedroom through a doorway. Alexandria’s room was done in light blues and purples, Nastasia’s favorite colors. It had a modern touch to it instead of the frilly girly side. Howie was pleased with it.

"Why are you stating that?" Howie asked as AJ placed her carefully on the floor, not even thinking of the changing table in the corner of the room.

"Cause, damn! She freaking stinks!" AJ hissed.

"Shut up! That’s my daughter you jerk." Howie answered.

"Sorry."

"I bet Chase was twice as bad." Howie answered as he laid Alexandria down and took off the bottom of her pajamas. She looked up at her father and smiled, letting out a coo. Howie smiled back, she was adorable.

"I got to skip that part!" AJ grinned.

"Dude, I’ll pay you forty..." Howie offered before he took off the diaper. AJ grabbed the wipes and the baby powder. He looked at Howie and smiled.

"No freaking way man."

"Damn!" Howie hissed as he turned back to Alexandria. He opened the diaper and the pungent aroma filtered the air. He felt his stomach twist as he started to clean her baby bottom. AJ held his nose as Howie finished and wrapped up the diaper, tossing it into the can. He turned back to Alexandria and gave her a raspberry on her tummy. "You are so bad!"

Alexandria’s reply was a giggle.

"So innocent." AJ grinned.

"She’s gonna stay that way too."

"Not if Staz keeps dressing the way she does."

"What?!" Howie asked as he turned back to his friend.

"You didn’t notice her outfit?" AJ laughed.

"NO."

"She wore a tank top above her belly button and a pair of tight flares. And you let her out of the house. Dang, you might not have a wife for long if she keeps dressing like that." AJ teased as Howie groaned.

"I’ll...talk with her..." Howie groaned as he looked at AJ. "Can you grab me a diaper?"

"Sure." AJ crawled over and grabbed a diaper and looked back at Howie. "Aren’t we supposed to have a kid to put it on?"

"Yes, that’s why we have Alexia stupid!" Howie groaned.

"No we don’t..."

"What?"

"ALEXIA’S ESCAPED!" AJ cried as he and Howie looked in just enough time to see Alexandria crawling out the door. Faster than Howie had expected. He looked to see his daughter’s bare bottom crawl out the door and froze.

"What do I do?!"

"GO GET HER!" AJ moaned as he slammed down the baby powder, forgetting it was open. As Howie took off he found himself in a mess of baby powder. He groaned loudly as he looked down at his black tank top, bright white.

"SON OF A B-"

"DAD!!!" Chase called.

"ALEXANDRIA! COME HERE! WHERE ARE YOU ALEXIA?!" Howie called for Alexandria loudly, he couldn’t find her.

"DADDY!" Chase yelled again.

"ALEXANDRIA LAUREL, YOUR MOTHER IS GOING TO KILL ME IF I LOSE YOU!" Howie yelled again as he began to search the upstairs rooms.

"DADDY!"

AJ felt his heart rush with panic as he ran out of the room and jumped down the long flight of stairs. When he reached the bottom he looked to see Lauren and Nastasia in the living room. Nastasia held a bare bottomed Alexandria in her arms with shopping bags at her sides. Both girls looked at AJ suspiciously.

"What the hell happened JJ?" Nastasia asked as Alexandria let out another loud giggle. AJ glared at Alexandria, the little devil.