- Text Size +
Chapter 50:

Kevin drove to the hotel in complete silence. Nastasia kept her eyes closed and she became more upset and sick. Kevin's heart ached, he had never seen Nastasia act like that. And it seemed a little weird, she was usually so easy going. It scared him.

"Staz come on." Kevin grumbled softly as he helped her up. She moaned softly as he looped his arms around her. His lip was becoming swollen, blood still trickling out of it.

"Thanks..." She grumbled incoherently. Kevin sighed, he hated seeing her like this. He even managed to get her up to their floor of rooms, but her stomach kicked in. "Kevin...I think I'm going..."

"To what?" Kevin asked as they neared Lauren and AJ's bedroom.

"Puke." Nastasia gulped as she turned green. Kevin cursed as he burst into Lauren and AJ's room. Everyone jumped with surprise as Nastasia ran quickly into the bathroom. She shut the door with a slam, and all you heard was wretching sounds.

*******

"What happened?" Howie asked quietly as the sounds continued. Lauren didn't know what to do, she knew Nastasia was sick and her emotions running wild. But she wanted to know what happened at the bar.

"She was smashed." Kevin answered. His eyes were darker than usual. Lauren knew he was upset as Alexandria trembled in Howie's arms. She and Chase were both confused with the actions of the adults.

"And your lip Kev?" Lauren asked as Chase crawled into his father's arms. Scared by the reactions from Nastasia and Kevin. He didn't know what to think.

"One guy got a little upset when I wanted to take Staz home." Kevin murmured.

"What was she doing?" Howie asked softly. His heart still aching. He couldn't stop crying since the rings were given to him. He knew he'd never have another lover like Nastasia, and he wouldn't want anyone else.

"Dancing on a table." Kevin answered quietly as he bent his head down in sorrow.

"I can't believe it..." AJ murmured. The thoughts of Nastasia's father flooding back into his mind. He shivered. That was when Nastasia was hurt worse, when he was drunk.

"I made her do that?" Howie asked softly, his eyes casting with hurt again. He felt the rings in his pocket, it hurt so badly. He just wanted to speak with her.

"Howie, you didn't make her do anything." Lauren answered as another loud wretching sound came from the bathroom. Making Howie feel worse. Then they heard the sounds of sobbing.

"I have to make sure she's okay." Howie whispered as he stood up and walked calmly into the bathroom. Sobs catching in his throat as he watched her puke. Something inside tore him to pieces and he tried to help.

********

Nastasia couldn't remember anything. All she knew was that she ran into the bathroom, releasing all her sorrow. Flushing it down the toilet.

As she continued to sob and vomit she felt soft hands on her back. Carressing her softly as she let it all out. Rubbing her back softly, whispering kind words in her ear. She knew the sound of the voice, but her head was too fuzzy to think of who it was.

Soon everything went black.

*****

"What the HELL are you doing?!" Nastasia heard as she watched her father's truck halt to a stop. She was walking home from school with AJ. She felt her heart pound as AJ watched carfully.

"I'm walking home." Nastasia replied quietly as her father jumped out of the car. He slammed the door hard and stomped over to her and AJ.

She could smell the alcohol on his breath. His eyes were dark and angry. She knew her mother was at work, so he had to find Nastasia. To release his agression.

"What the fuck? You were planning on going to that boy's house weren't you? What were you planning?" He growled.

"Mr. Notez, I assure you-" AJ tried, but was stopped quickly.

"Shut the hell up you!" He glared, AJ shut up." Were you planning on fucking the hell out of him?"

"No daddy."

"Liar. Just what I need, white trash! What the hell am I supposed to do with a white trashy daughter! I swear I was never the father of you to begin with!" He growled as he slapped her hard on the face. "GET IN THE CAR!"

"No daddy!" Nastasia moaned as he grabbed a fistful of Nastasia's light hair. She yelped as he shoved her towards the car. She hit with a slam, and he opened the door.

"Get in!" Her father hissed.

"Daddy please." Nastasia whispered, but no use. Within a few moment he had pushed her into the car. She yelped loudly as AJ winced. Nastasia kept her hand on the door. "Daddy stop."

"Move your hand trash."

"Daddy."

"Daddy my ass!" He roared as he slammed the door shut. Nastasia wailed as she felt the door connect with Nastasia's wrist. AJ winced as she managed to pry the door open.

"Daddy, you broke my hand..." Nastasia whimpered as tears trickled down her cheeks. She could smell the alcohol again and bottles of beer layering the floor.

"I don't care about your damn hand."


********

Nastasia woke up, drenched in sweat. She felt her heart continue to pound harder. She sat up straight, a sob catching in her throat. Her head pounding.

She looked around, there was Alexandria cuddled beside her. She ached to know where she was. Then Howie was propped up against the bed, sleeping. She looked to see herself in Howie's room. She gulped down a sob, remembering their fight.

Slowly Nastasia climbed out of bed. Her head throbbed, she knew she had been smashed last night. Her walking was less than perfect. Somehow she managed to get into her and Denise's room.

After she managed to dress she heard a soft tap on the door. She moaned loudly as her head throbbed. She opened it to see Kevin standing there.

"Hey Kevvy." Nastasia answered softly.

"How do you feel?" Kevin asked softly as Nastasia looked at his lip, it was swollen and cut. A rush of feelings over washed her body. She choked down a sob, knowing she was the cause of Kevin's injury.

"I'm so sorry Kevvy." Nastasia whimpered as the sobs burst. He looked surprised as he hugged her tightly. Trying to calm the sobs that were racking her body.

"It's okay..."

"I shouldn't have gone. I'm so much like him. I never want to be him. I cause bad things. I'm so sorry Kevvy. I didn't want you to get hurt. I love you. Please don't be mad at me." Nastasia managed to call out, between sobs.

"Shh, it's okay. I love you too." Kevin smiled as he placed a tender kiss on her forehead. He watched as everyone assembled into the hallway.

Howie was holding Alexandria tightly. Lauren seemed a little jumpy today. They were going to New York, then they would stay for three days. The last day being a free day. Lauren seemed extremely nervous. AJ was even becoming worried.

"I'm so sorry Kevvy." Nastasia whimpered as he pulled her up. She stood as another sob caught. He gave her a long hug, not letting go.

"It's okay. I'm fine. Just next time you want to get smashed...tell me first... We'll make it a date." Kevin whispered as Howie walked over, the rings still in his pocket.

He hoped she wouldn't tear his heart to pieces, refusing to speak with him. He would just end it there if she did. He knew Alexandria was aching to see her mother also. Of course Nastasia looked perfect as he approached.

She looked beautiful, but her eyes showed her pain and hangover. She wore a pair of jean floods with a bright green tank top, reaching her belly button. Her long hair thrown into a messy bun.

"Staz?" Howie asked softly. Nastasia turned to him, her eyes casting into sadness. She felt her heart break, wishing he would just hug her. "Can we talk in the back of the bus when we leave?"

Nastasia only nodded.