- Text Size +
Chapter 52:

Nastasia was still upset about the outbursts from Howie. He had hurt her tremendously, although she refused to show it. She pressed a happy attitude, although everyone could see through it. Mostly AJ and Lauren.

They reached New York within a few hours. It was only eight in the evening, tomorrow would be the concert. They were free to do what they wanted tonight. Sleeping was prefered, but Nastasia was too adgitated to sit still.

"Laurie, want to go clubbin'?" Nastasia asked softly as she saw AJ and Lauren cuddled closely in their room. Nastasia felt lonely since the fight with Howie. Alexandria was the only one who seemed to do any good.

"Alex, you up for clubbing?" Lauren asked softly, knowing the only way for Nastasia to keep sane was dance. Something about it calmed her.

"No drinking." AJ answered as Kevin popped his head through the door. He looked and gave Nastasia a shy smile.

"I swear no drinking." Nastasia moaned, the head ache was just a dull pain at the moment. Kevin smiled as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Need a date?" He asked.

"Will you?" Nastasia asked sweetly.

"Duh." Kevin laughed.

"Where's Chase and Lex?" AJ asked as Nastasia hugged Kevin tightly.

"Mom kicked me out of the room. She said she has them and I'm not to bother her at all. Or I will be forced into a grounding." Nastasia answered.

"Man, that's a shame." AJ laughed.

"So, we can go?" Nastasia asked.

"Definitely!" Lauren laughed.

*******

Howie sulked in his room the entire night. He couldn't believe the words that had flowed from his mouth, nor could he believe what Nastasia had said to him. All he had done was sob.

"Howie, you alive?" A soft voice called from the door. Howie rolled onto his back to see Denise enter with Chase and Alexandria. Alexandria squealed as soon as she saw Howie, toddling over to him to hug him tightly. He invited the embrace, although hated the thought that the child looked so much like Nastasia.

"Where is Nastasia? Isn't she supposed to have Lex?" Howie asked.

"I took her and Chase-"

"Mom, dad, Auntie Staz, and Uncle Kev went out!" Chase piped up. Howie scowled as he looked up to Denise. She knew jealousy was raging through his body.

"Kevin?" He questioned.

"Uncle Kev said he'd be Aunt Stazzie's date!"

"Chase Alexander!" Denise scolded, Chase frowned.

"That's what he said Grammy!"

"Oh did he now?" Howie asked sarcastically, his eyes turning darker. "Thanks to Kevin. My wife is about to divorce my ass and he jumps right into her arms...and probably her bed too!"

"Howard..." Denise answered softly.

"No, this is my fight. I might be having some fights right now. But she's still mine! Mine damnit!" Howie yelled as he placed a now crying Alexandria in Denise's arms.

"Howie-"

"What club?"

"Galaxy, but Howie-"

"No."

****

Nastasia felt the soothing of her soul as she danced. AJ and Lauren were busting a close groove on the dance floor, like their bodies were one. She silently wished Howie and her were on the floor, but Kevin was awesome.

"You're so adorable!" Nastasia laughed as the remix of "Candy" pumped in the room. She began swishing her hips against Kevin as the beat pumped louder.

"Me adorable! Look at all the guys checking you out!" Kevin laughed as he dipped her. It was true, all the men had flocked to see Nastasia. All asking for dances, she turning them all down.

"You guys! Let's get a drink!" Lauren laughed as she pulled Nastasia off the dance floor. Nastasia grumbled as she was pulled off the floor. AJ and Kevin following behind the two girls, commenting on how fantasic they looked.

Lauren looked fantastic in her red dress. The dress was one which had no straps and slitted up her left leg, the hem only reaching above her knee. Hugging every curve she had. She wore her blonde hair in a short ponytail, which AJ loved.

Nastasia was in a pair of low riding, dark, denim flares. Her hips defined perfectly, curving at just the right angle. Her shirt was a blue tube top, showing the ocean in her eyes. Her long hair let down to seduce the men.

"Wow, you look fantastic out on the floor." Lauren commented to Nastasia as AJ took a long sip of his soda. Everyone promised not to drink.

"Thanks, you guys were so cute too!" Nastasia answered as Kevin whispered something in Lauren's ear, causing her to laugh.

"The only reason we're cute is because of Lauren." AJ answered as he pulled her into a deep kiss. Nastasia felt a pain hit her heart as they continued the deep kiss.

"Hey! One of your favorite songs." Kevin commented suddenly as a slow beat of Lila McCann's "Something In The Air" played through the speakers. She looked to see AJ and Lauren still kissing and sighed. This was one of the songs Howie had danced to with her when he told her he loved her.

"Let's go." Nastasia whispered softly as Kevin lead her around the couples dancing closely on the floor, and leaving AJ and Lauren to their love.

********

Howie walked into the bar to see the worse possible thing he could ever see. He felt the pain double in his heart. There was Kevin dancing close with his wife, her head resting gently on his shoulder.

What made him more upset was the fact that what was playing. He knew what this song meant to him and Nastasia. It was one of their songs. One they only danced to.

Howie groaned suddenly, the anger flaring even worse. He walked out of the club and slammed the door hard. He'd wait until later. Then he'd confront Kevin.

"Hey, you okay?" Kevin asked softly as they swayed to the beat. Nastasia seemed lost in her own world. Lauren and AJ had decided to call it a night and leave. They said they were going out for some ice cream, then back to the hotel.

"Oh what? Fine..." Nastasia answered.

"Are you sure? You and Howie got into a deep fight."

"I know, he'll get over it."

"You sure?" Kevin asked.

"He'll have to. I think I'm calling for the papers tomorrow." Nastasia answered softly as a shiver ran up her spine. She jumped a little as Kevin looked at her oddly.

"What is it now?"

"I just have this creepy feeling..."

"And what's that?"

"I felt like someone was watching me."

"Okay, that's a little creepy." Kevin laughed.

"I know." Nastasia laughed as Kevin dipped her again. She came up laughing. Her heavenly voice ringing out above the crowd. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Hello, may I have this dance? She is one foxy lady." A voice murmured in Nastasia's ear. She felt a shiver run down her spine as she turned around. She glanced at the man oddly.

"Devon?"