- Text Size +
Chapter 53:

Nastasia stared hard at the man in front of her. She couldn't believe it. Her heart started to race as she continually stared at him. "Devon?"

" Long time no see Nastasia, " Devon answered as he pulled her into his arms, away from Kevin.

"Same here..." Nastasia answered, hugging him back. Unsure of her actions. She still couldn't believe it.

" How have you been? " Devon asked, turning Nastasia's back to Kevin on purpose.

"Ahh, you know...living..." Nastasia laughed.

" And dancing, " Devon laughed back. " I saw a clip of one of their concerts on MTV last night. You looked great. "

"You saw a clip?" Nastasia laughed, "And you thought I looked great? Damn, guess the gym workouts have been working to my advantage."

" You looked damn good, I can say that much. "

"Thanks." Nastasia laughed, her heavenly voice carrying through the place. Kevin scowled as Devon kept close to Nastasia.

" Where's Lauren? She's not here. "

"She left with her husband." Nastasia answered, her voice stressing the word husband.

" Ah yes, A.J, " Devon replied, his voice trailing off.

"Yeah, they're crazy about each other too." Nastasia replied.

" I take it Lauren must hate me still? "

"Pretty much." Nastasia answered, "Not like hate...more of a strong dislike. She had a kid Dev."

" I know, I've seen pictures of him in the media. He's cute...what's his name? Chance? "

"Chase." Nastasia replied with a semi-agitated tone. Her love for Chase was extremely strong.

" Yeah, that's right. I was close. "

"Close doesn't cut it Dev."

" Geez, I'm sorry... "

"Yeah, we know." Nastasia answered with an amused smile.

" What's that supposed to mean? "

"Nothing." Nastasia answered as Kevin came and grabbed her by the arm. Devon looked at Kevin with an glare.

" I think we ought to head back to the hotel now, " Kevin said to Nastasia, pulling her away from Devon.

"Sure, I'm tired anyway." Nastasia answered, flying from the tiny tug of Kevin. She knew he was becoming very defensive and protective.

" So, I'll see you and Lauren around, ok? " Devon called after her.

"Maybe me, but I don't think you'll see Laurie."

Devon didn't reply back, only watched as Kevin escorted Nastasia out the door and watched as it slammed behind them.

*****

The next morning Kevin was hanging out down at the gym in the hotel when Howie came bursting in. Kevin didn't think anything of it, he went back to pumping iron. Counting it carefully.

" You fucking bastard! " Howie hissed as he stormed up to Kevin and shoved him backwards, causing him to drop the iron weight he was using.

Kevin jumped as the iron weight clattered to the ground. He looked to see Howie's eyes blazing. "What the hell is your problem now!?"

" You're my fucking problem! "

"I don't understand anything that your babbling about Howie." Kevin replied calmly as he picked up the iron weight and placed it back on the shelf.

" You bastard, " Howie hissed again, his teeth clentched.

"Did you drink last night?"

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? "

"You make no sense!"

" Fuck you! "

"Why can't you tell me what your problem is instead of cussing me out..." Kevin replied calmly, still not sure of what Howie's problem was.

" You're supposed to be my friend, but you're nothing but a fucking bastard! "

"Why?"

" Why the hell do you think?! "

"I personally don't know." Kevin answered stiffly.

" That's right, be a dumbshit. "

"Howie, I have places to go. I promised Staz I'd take a walk with her then we'd workout. So, if your done cussing me out, I'd like to go."

" What, after the walk and work out, you plan on taking her to bed? "

"What did you say?" Kevin asked, caught by Howie's blunt comment.

" You heard me. "

"You're on the verge of going crazy Howie." Kevin replied, "Staz just wants someone to hang out with. And I enjoy her company. She's sweet."

" That's not the only reason you enjoy her company. "

"You're crazy."

" Bullshit. "

"What makes you think that? Staz and I are friends Howie."

" The hell you are. "

"Stop it, you're being stupid." Kevin hissed, his anger flaring, "Stazzie would never cheat on you."

" You expect me to believe that? She and everyone else has been lying to me, so why should I believe that? "

"You need to get a grip man." Kevin answered as he tried to move to leave. Nastasia was waiting for him in the lobby.

Howie shoved him backwards, his anger flaring in a burst like never before.

"Okay this is stupid Howie! Stop it." Kevin answered, falling backwards from Howie's push. He was surprised, Howie was so upset. He had never seen him like this before.

" Yeah, you are stupid! "

"I really don't want to hit you Howie. So step off and let me go to Nastasia. She's waiting." Kevin answered as he tried to manuever himself around Howie. He didn't want to fight.

" Waiting for you to go sleep with her! " Howie hissed, he had completely lost it.

"Nastasia loves you, although I hate to think she wasted all that love on someone like you." Kevin spat back, hating the tone Howie was using.

That was the last straw, something in Howie snapped and he lunged at Kevin, tackling him to the ground and throwing punches at him.

Kevin yelled loudly as he responded to Howie's massive blows. He tried his best to protect himself, then when the right moment struck he lunged back and threw Howie to his back.

" Bastard! " Howie gritted as he tried to shove Kevin off of him, throwing a punch straight into Kevin's jaw.

Kevin went backwards with a hard slam, hitting his head on the side of the shelf. He cursed loudly as Howie lept again. Kevin side tracked him and connected his fist with Howie's eye. Howie went back in agony as Kevin lunged.

" I could kill you! " Howie yelled as he shoved Kevin into the weight rack.

"The feeling is fucking mutual!" Kevin hissed as he shoved Howie backwards.

Howie fell to the ground as Kevin struck him with more punches, striking him straight in the gut, knocking the air out of his stomach.

"What the hell?!" Kevin heard two voices yell. He looked to see Nastasia dressed in her jogging gear and looking extremely cute. Then he looked to see AJ running beside her.

" I'll kill you! " Howie shouted again as he threw one more punch at Kevin, but A.J ran over and pulled him away before he could actually go through with the punch.

"Chill out!" AJ called as he struggled over Howie's agression. Nastasia ran back and grabbed Kevin, trying to get him to look at her instead of lunging at Howie. Trying to calm him like she used to calm her father, although that never worked.

" Get your fucking hands off me! " Howie shouted as he struggled against A.J's hold.

"Would you stop it Howie!" AJ yelped as he pinned him against the wall. Breathing heavily as he pressed his full weight against him.

" Get the hell away from me! "

"Howie what is your problem?!" Nastasia yelled as she kept Kevin a far distance away from Howie. She could see a purple bruise forming on the side of Kevin's jaw.

Howie forced himself not to face her. He needed to get out.

AJ pinned Howie tightly, noticing him trying to squirm out. Both he and Nastasia were becoming sick of his outbursts. Nastasia becoming more upset than anyone. "Howie, I asked you a goddamn question. Have the common curtousy to answer me!" Nastasia spat out.

Howie glared at each of them, then pushed A.J away with one big shove. " I fucking quit! " he hissed and stormed from the gym, slamming the door behind him as hard as he could.

Nastasia felt the breath being taken away from her lungs. She found it harder to breath than ever. AJ looked panicked. "JJ, go...don't leave him alone...I don't care who you ask...just ask someone..."