- Text Size +
Chapter 56:

When Lauren and Nastasia got home from shopping they hadn't seen anyone. There was a note saying Denise had the kids. So, Lauren, knowing Nastasia was extremely upset about the fight between Kevin and Howie, decided to take Nastasia out.

"Do you think mom will mind? She's had our kids forever." Nastasia laughed as she and Lauren walked into the Lunar Bar. She and Lauren were both dressed in leather flares. Lauren wore a blue tank top with a see-through white overshirt. Her hair in a pony-tail. Nastasia was the bold one to come out in a white half-tank that reached above her belly-button. They were definintely her dancing clothes.

"We'll take the kids out before your concert tomorrow." Lauren answered as she saw the music pump through Nastasia's body. It was exciting watching Nastasia dance, and the way she pulled Lauren in with her.

"You mean a major shopping spree?" Nastasia asked, raising a blonde eyebrow in question.

"You know it! Lex needs some flares."

"Baby Gap!" Nastasia laughed, slipping Lauren a high-five as Backstreet's "The Call" came over the speakers. Nastasia jumped at the sound, starting to imitate the moves from their choreography.

Lauren watched with a smile. Nastasia was beautiful. As Nastasia danced she felt a shiver creep down her spine. Something didn't feel right. Like something was going totally wrong.

"I'm going to miss Lex." Nastasia called out suddenly.

"No talk about sadness!" Lauren shouted over the music. "Time for dance! No others!"

"Sorry." Nastasia laughed as she let Lauren twirl her. Lauren watched as a group of guys circled them, all waiting for Nastasia to move away from Lauren.

"They're wanting you." Lauren laughed as Nastasia twirled Lauren.

"Let them want me!" Nastasia laughed as Lauren fell into her arms. The girls giggled harder and they continued to dance together. Like two best friends always should have been.

********

AJ paced inside Howie's room. He had been discharged from the hospital with pain killers and the request that he be kept under heavy guard. AJ agreed, all the guys were sitting in his room as he slept. Denise was playing with Alexandria and Chase.

"Why aren't they home?!" AJ cursed as he tried Lauren's cell phone again, busy. He couldn't get through. Their note stating that they would be back later.

"They said they'd be home soon." Kevin answered as Howie tossed wildly in his sleep. Horrible nightmares creeping in and out of his mind.

"I don't understand why Nastasia would go out when her husband almost killed himself. And got damn near close to it!" AJ cursed.

"That's because she doesn't know..." Brian answered.

"What?!" AJ yelled as Howie screamed. Everyone jumped as Howie thrashed in his sleep. He wailed pitifully as he cried. Sobs wrenching his tired body.

"I'm sorry Staz, I love you, don't leave me! Please Staz! Don't leave me! I'm scared! Please! I love you!" Howie continued to wail as he thrashed. Kevin quickly tried to wake him up.

"Someone has to tell Staz! Now! He's not going to get better if Staz isn't here soon!" Kevin cursed. AJ nodded as he ran out of the hotel room with his cellphone in hand.

*****

While Nastasia and Lauren were dancing everyone seemed entertained. Nastasia enjoyed the attention as Lauren teased her. She had forgotten her worries.

Lauren laughed as she spun Nastasia, but suddenly stopped when she bumped into someone. She stopped as a frightened look came across Nastasia's face. Lauren cautiously turned around.

"DEVON!?" Lauren screeched in surprise. The man jumped, he offered a dashing smile. Lauren felt her heart stop. Her stomach started to twist into tight knots.

"Staz! Laur!" Devon smiled, hugging them both. Lauren felt herself grow cold as Nastasia turned a white color. Devon didn't seem too surprised. "Staz told me I'd never see you."

"Staz?" Lauren yelped.

"She ran into me yesterday." Devon answered, his eyes gleaming. "It's nice to see you Lauren."

"Not really likewise." Lauren replied sarcastically, thinking of her husband. The wonderful man who was waiting with friends for her to return. The man who loved her more than anything.

"Why so cold?" Devon laughed.

"I told you Dev." Nastasia replied.

"You hurt me Devon." Lauren replied coldly as Nastasia's cellphone beeped. She sighed softly as she tuned out of Lauren's conversation and into her own.

"HELLO?!" Nastasia screamed as she pressed her finger to her other ear, trying to hear the person.

"Where the hell are you?!"

It was AJ.

"Out. Why?"

"Do you know what happened to Howie?"

"No..."

"He tried to kill himself again." AJ replied, her heart grew cold. She felt herself freeze, the whole world stopped turning. She felt like she had just died.

"Is he?" She couldn't put herself up to finish the question.

"No... He needs you though Stazzie. He's calling out for you badly." AJ replied. Nastasia answered that she'd be there right away. Her heart pumped to a maximum as she turned back to Lauren.

"We have to go!"

"Why?" Lauren asked.

"Howie...kill...suicide!" Nastasia whimpered as tears fell from her eyes. Lauren gasped as she she held onto Nastasia tightly, who's body was taken over by sobs.

"We're going." Lauren promised.

"Laur! What about me?!" Devon yelled, "Dinner tomorrow?!"

"FINE!" Lauren yelled, not understanding anything. All she wanted to do was get home and get Nastasia home. To assure her that Howie was going to live.