- Text Size +
Chapter 58:

The concert had gone great last night. Nastasia was at an all time high, happy that she and Howie were back together. She refused to take her rings off for anything now. Which in return made Howie even more happier.

Today was the boys' day off, but they were heading down to TRL for a quick show. Just to give a hello to Carson. Howie was currently sleeping though, on Nastasia's orders. He was still regaining his strength from his suicide incident. He and Alexandria were cuddled up in blankets sleeping.

"I wish you'd think twice about this!" Nastasia complained to Lauren for the thousandth time. Lauren rolled her eyes as she slipped her black skirt (that swept down to her ankles and slit up to above her knees) on. Devon had called to have her meet him at a nice bar down the street. She couldn't say no.

"Nastasia, please stop." Lauren moaned as she slipped on her white tanktop and pulled her hair into a slick ponytail. Her sapphire eyes sparking with anticipation. She couldn't believe she was nervous about it.

"AJ is going to kill you." Nastasia whined again as Chase looked from his mother to his aunt. They were arguing, and he never heard that before.

"AJ's not going to find out. I'm going to be gone until the TRL thing is over with. Then we're meeting the guys for some dinner and he's taking me shopping. Nothing can go wrong." Lauren answered as she applied a touch of makeup.

"This is going to backfire!" Nastasia answered skeptically.

"Nastasia! Would you stop!" Lauren fumed as she slipped her feet into a pair of chunky heels, accenting her whole look.

"I'm worried. Dev causes nothing but-"

"STOP BEING MY MOM!"

"Sorry..." Nastasia replied softly, her eyes casting with hurt. Chase jumped at the rising of her voice. He'd never seen his mother so upset with Nastasia.

"Sorry Staz."

"It's fine."

"Can you watch Chase?"

"If he wants."

"You want to see Aunt Staz, Lex, and Uncle Howie for awhile Chaser?" Lauren asked as she gave Chase a sweet smile. He looked to his aunt who looked frustrated.

"Sure mom." Chase nodded.

"That's my angel." Lauren responded as she placed a kiss on his cheek. Grabbing her purse she turned back to Nastasia. "Nothing is going to happen. I'm just meeting Devon for some drinks. Tell AJ I went shopping if he gets home sooner."

"Fine." Nastasia gritted.

"Bye."

******

Nastasia rested in Howie's arms. Howie had woken up a little over an hour ago. He and Nastasia were watching cartoons with Chase and Alexandria. They were content being in each other's arms.

"I'm so happy you're staying here." Howie murmured as he kissed the top of her forehead. She smiled softly as she turned and planted a kiss on his lips, refusing to look at his bandage which contained her mistakes. Which would probably leave a scar.

"I'm happy too." She smiled as they continued kissing. Chase glanced up from the cartoons as Alexandria let out a squeal. She was extremely happy since her mother seemed more happier.

"EWWW! UNCLE D! Get your lips away from my Aunt! Yuck!" Chase groaned as he crinkled his face in disgust. Nastasia looked back to see Chase imitating his father's facial expressions.

"Yuck Auntie Staz! Yuck! Huh Lex?!" Chase groaned as he looked to his cousin. Nastasia watched in surprise as Alexandria bobbed her head up and down.

"Ba mama." Alexandria cooed. Nastasia gasped as she turned back to Howie. She knew Alexandria was saying "Bad mommy."

"Who's been teaching my child to say bad?!" Nastasia asked with a laugh. Howie shrugged his shoulders as he placed another tender kiss on Nastasia's lips.

***

"Bad Stazzie!" AJ laughed as he walked into the room. Nastasia jumped off the bed like lightening. She didn't expect to see AJ for another few hours. "What a bad sister I have."

"I believe AJ taught Lex." Howie answered as he rolled back over in the bed, sleepiness invading his body. The pain killers only numbed the pain, but Nastasia kissed the rest away.

"Bad JJ." Nastasia scolded, her heart pumping to a maximum.

"Hey Lex! Hey Chase!" AJ greeted as he bent down towards the childrens' level. They both squealed as they ran to his arms. He scooped them up and applied several kisses to each.

"Hi daddy!" Chase giggled.

"Where's Lauren?" AJ asked as he stood, both children in his arms still. Nastasia gulped down the coldness tearing through her heart.

"O-Out." Nastasia stumbled.

"O-Out where?" AJ teased.

"Mom said to tell you she was shopping." Chase perked up. Nastasia groaned loudly as she smacked her forehead. AJ looked at her quizzically.

"Why do I have a feeling she's not shopping?" AJ asked.

"What are you doing home anyway?" Nastasia asked, changing the subject.

"We left TRL early, because we wanted to check up on D."

"Thanks bro." Howie answered.

"No problem." AJ nodded, "Now where's Lauren?"

"Shopping. Like Chase said." Nastasia lied, her eyes casting over with gloom. AJ glared harder at her, cracking her insides apart. She tried to look away, but couldn't break the gaze.

"Shopping my ass." AJ murmured, "Stazzie please tell me the truth. I hate it when you lie, because I can always tell. And I don't want to have to kick your ass."

"Stop threatening me!" Nastasia answered.

"Where is she?"

"Out." Nastasia answered.

"Where's out?"

"The nice bar down the street." Chase piped in. Nastasia smacked her forehead again, anger was burning through AJ. She could sense it from the hostility in his body.

"Why's she there?" AJ asked.

"She's getting a drink and told me to tell you she went shopping. She was worried you'd be mad at her for drinking and leaving Chase home with me." Nastasia cut in as AJ placed Alexandria and Chase in her arms.

"Oh, well I'll just go see her then."

"JJ-"

She didn't have time to call after him. He was already out the door and slammed it hard. Obviously not buying into the story Nastasia was telling him.