- Text Size +
Chapter 6:

Howie came running down the stairs and ran into the living-room, tugging at his hair. He saw Nastasia standing there holding Alexandria, and not thinking much of it, he ran over to her. " Oh thank God Stazzie! You found Alexia! " He went to take his daughter into his arms, but stopped. " Stazzie! Uh-oh...uh...hey... "

" You lost our daughter? " Nastasia asked, trying to hint anger in her voice, though she was having a hard time not laughing at the expression on Howie's face.

" I...no...I mean...she...I...we...it was A.J's fault! " Howie blurted out suddenly.

" My fault?! " A.J hissed.

" Damnit Howie, you were supposed to be watching her! How do you expect our marraige to work if I can't even trust you to keep a close eye on our daughter? " Nastasia exclaimed.

Howie stared at her wide-eyed. " We were in the process of changing her diaper...I looked away for a second...she just...dissappeared... "

" Don't even start, " Nastasia snapped and walked away, heading up the stairs with Alexandria.

" Shit! I've only been married one day and I've already ruined my marraige! " Howie exclaimed, his face clouding over with worry.

Lauren covered her face as she snickered. She knew Nastasia wasn't mad at Howie and she was only joking, but she knew Nastasia didn't want Howie to know that, she wanted to let it drag on for a while, so Lauren tried to hide the grin on her face. She walked over to Chase who was laying in the middle of the floor, playing with some of the toys. " Hey Chazzie, I got you something... "

Chase's face lit up. " What what what? "

" This, " Lauren said and reached into one of the bags she was carrying. She pulled out a white t-shirt, that on the front of it had a big yellow Pickachu, a pair of khaki cargo shorts, and a black Nike cap, similar to one that A.J owned. Chase quickly pulled off the t-shirt he was wearing and put the new one on, causing Lauren to laugh at her son's quick actions. " You're a dork... "

*****

Nastasia layed Alexandria down on the changing table gently and walked over to where the unused diaper was laying on the floor. She picked it up and walked back over to her daughter.

" Were you running away from your daddy? " she cooed. Alexandria looked up at her mother and giggled. Nastasia laughed as she placed the diaper on her daughter. " You little stinker, " she said and kissed her daughter's forehead, than walked over to the dresser, pulling a pair of pants and a shirt out. She began to dress Alexandria.

Howie burst into the room and saw Nastasia placing a different pair of clothes on Alexandria. He walked over to Nastasia quietly, a solomn look on his face. " Are you THAT mad at me? I said I didn't - " he began, but stopped when he heard a muffled laugh come from Nastasia. " Are you laughing at me? "

Nastasia turned around, an amused smile on her face. " Yes, I am, " she laughed.

Confusion clouded his eyes as he stared at her. " O...k...what did I miss? "

" Obviously alot, " Nastasia laughed.

" You're not mad? "

" No, I was just trying to see how much I could get you to apologize. " She laughed again. " You should have seen the look on your face. "

Howie moaned. " Oh, you're evil. Now I see where our daughter gets it. "

" You know you love me for it. "

" Do I? "

Nastasia slapped Howie's shoulder, a surprised look on her face. " Howard Dorough! "

" Just joking. See? Two can play at this game! " His lips met up with hers and they stayed like that for a minute. Then he leaned down to headlevel with Alexandria. " Were you trying to get me in trouble? Dissappearing like that? I almost had a heart attack. " Alexandria giggled and used her tiny fist to playfully punch Howie. " I'm gonna get you for that! " He began to tickle her and placed a few raspberrys on her still bare stomach, sending her into a fit of tiny giggles.

*****

" So, what happened to you? " Lauren smirked, as she stared at A.J's now white tank.

" Baby powder accident, " A.J replied as he tried to dust off his shirt and coughed.

" I can't believe you lost Lexie, " Lauren laughed.

" I didn't lose her! Howie did! "

" Uh-huh, well, weren't you supposed to be helping him keep an eye on her? "

" I was! "

" But you still lost her. "

" Whatever. I'm not gonna argue with you. "

" That's because you know you won't win! "

" Oh, is that so? "

" Yes it is! "

" We'll just see about that. " A.J pulled Lauren down next to him on to the couch and held her arms down. " Chaser, come here and tickle your Mommy for me! "

Chase jumped up and ran over.

" Let me ago! Alex, damn you! Let me go! " Lauren screamed as she tried to squirm from A.J's hold and Chase's little tickles.

" Say I'm always right! " A.J laughed.

" Never! "

" Ok Chaser, keep tickling her! "

" Alright! Alright! " Lauren screamed, her face turning red. " You're always right! "

" Ha ha! I knew it! " A.J jumped up and threw his hands in the air triumphantly.

" Not, " Lauren mumbled, under her breath, a grin on her face.

" What was that? " A.J asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

" Oh, nothing, " Lauren replied and went to get up to run away.

" Ok, you're really going to get it now! " A.J tackled her to the ground and landed on top of her.

" Is that a good thing? " Lauren asked as she recieved a kiss.

" Depends on how you wanna look at it, " A.J said in a low voice.

" Fight! Fight! " Chase squealed.

A.J and Lauren laughed, and Lauren punched A.J in the shoulder.

" Hey! What was that for? "

" Because you're a punk! " Lauren joked and kissed him.

" But you still love me. "

" I won't deny that. "

Just then, Nastasia came pounding down the stairs. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs, a wierd look on her face.

" Hey Stazzie! " A.J laughed.

" Hey JJ... " she said and just shook her head with a laugh.