- Text Size +
Chapter 60:

Lauren hesitated as Devon was pushed back onto his feet. His nose was bleeding badly, AJ had definitely broken it. Lauren felt like her heart had been ripped from her chest. She watched Devon grip his nose in agony.

"You've got one nasty husband." Devon moaned as he stared darkly at Lauren. Lauren glared back, wanting to kill him. She knew the look in AJ's eyes, that look. The same she had gotten when Devon had been at her house.

"He's a bit jealous." Lauren sighed sadly.

"A bit? He's a fucking idiot. I can't believe he's married to you." Devon answered, steaming up Lauren's attitude.

"Thanks to you he might not even be my husband anymore!" Lauren screamed loudly.

"What? You were the one that came onto me!" Devon spat back as he wiped the fresh blood from his nose. Lauren glared at him.

"I-I-I did not!" Lauren burst, stunned by Devon's words.

"It's true, who was pressing who's lips to who's?" Devon grinned sourly. "No wonder he doesn't trust you!"

"Fuck off!" Lauren yelled.

"Nah, I don't like you like that. But it was a nice offer." Devon sneered back, obviously agitated at AJ's reaction. He was extremely upset.

"Ass." Lauren replied as she smacked him hard across the cheek, sending him backwards. Everyone gasped as he fell into a waiter, spilling drinks everywhere. Lauren glared once more as tears welled up in her eyes, then she fled. Leaving the place that caused her this pain.

*****

AJ sat gloomily in the dark cell. The police had pushed him into the cell, leaving. He didn't really care if he ever got out. He didn't care.

His heart ached as he looked at the pictures through his wallet. One was of him and Chase, holding each other with silly grins on their faces. Then he passed one of him and Nastasia when they were younger, grinning like nuts. He let out a cruel laugh as he reached the first picture. There he and Lauren cuddled, their first picture as a married couple.

"What a bitch." AJ hissed as he grabbed the picture from the wallet. He stared hatefully at it for a moment longer, then he ripped it up. Tiny pieces fluttered to the ground as he heard the clattering of keys.

"Son, you calmed down?" An officer barked. AJ gave a grunt as a reply, which soured the officer. "Son, did you hear me? Or are you deaf?"

"I heard you, sir." AJ gritted out.

"Good."

"Yes sir."

"What made you go crazy like that?"

"My wife was cheating on me."

"You're allowed one phone call." The officer replied with a shrug. Obviously not caring about AJ's personal problems. AJ reluctantly stood as he pulled his wedding band off his finger, jamming it into his pocket. He waited for the officer to place the cuffs back on and lead him out.

******

Nastasia sat on the bed as Howie slept. The pills were making him very tired, but he seemed to have sweet dreams. She glanced at her watch carefully. It was already eight at night and she had no clue where Lauren or AJ was at. A sinking feeling grew in her stomach as she looked at Alexandria sleeping.

"Mi hija, estas son las mananitas. Que cantaba el rey David. Hoy per ser dia de tu santo. Te los cantamos a ti." Nastasia sung softly in her daughter's ear. Alexandria tossed softly from her mother's beautiful voice, as did Howie. He stirred to watch Nastasia finish the song, Alexandria fully alert.

"Despierta, mi bien despierta. Mira que ya amanecio. Ya los pajarillos cantan. La luna ya se metio." Nastasia finshed. Alexandria cried for her mother as Nastasia picked her up, quieting her daughter quickly.

"I think Lex wants you." Howie smiled. Nastasia rolled her eyes playfully at him as she sat down next to him. Alexandria bundled in her mother's arms. Chase sat watching TV. "Okay, I think I want you too."

"You better." Nastasia laughed.

"Beautiful singing, where did you learn it?"

"My mo-" Nastasia was about to answer, but the phone rang. She jumped up with Alexandria and grabbed it quickly. "Hello?" Nastasia spoke up as Howie watched her.

"Hey Stazzie."

It was AJ.

"Hey babe, what's the matter?" Nastasia asked, noticing the depression in her friend's voice. It made her nervous as she bounced Alexandria on her hip.

"I need you to pick me up."

"Where?"

"I'm..."

"Where JJ? And where's Lauren?"

"I don't give a damn about where Lauren is!" AJ snapped, taking Nastasia aback a few steps. She felt the tears threaten her eyes. She knew by the sound AJ had found her with Devon.

"Where are you JJ?"

"The police station."