- Text Size +
Chapter 61:

" You're where?! " Nastasia exclaimed, surprising Alexandria and making her cry out.

" Please Stazzie, don't make a big deal out of this. Just come get me, " A.J sighed.

Nastasia could hear the desperation in his voice and she bit down on her bottom lip, looking back at Howie. " Alright, I'll there in a little bit. Let me guess, you need me to bail you out? "

" Yeah... "

" Fine, I'll see what I can do. Just hang in there. Do you want me to tell Mom where you are? "

" Don't even think about it. "

" I didn't think you did. Alright, just hang in there and I'll be there in a little bit. "

" Alright son, time is up, " Nastasia heard coming from A.J's end.

" I gotta go... "

" See you soon JJ. "

Nastasia hung up the phone and took in a deep breath. What could A.J have possibly done to get himself thrown in jail? And worse, where was Lauren?

" Stazzie, what's wrong? " Howie asked worridly, seeing the upset expression on his wife's face.

" JJ's in jail... " Nastasia trailed, keeping her voice down, as to not catch Chase's attention, he didn't need to know what had happened.

" He's where?! "

" Jail... "

" What happened? "

" I don't know, but he needs me to bail him out, so I need to go get him. "

" Do you want me to go with you? "

" No, stay here and rest some more. Could you watch the kids? "

" Sure. "

" And don't tell Denise where A.J is, if you see her. "

" Alright, I won't. "

" Thanks babe, " Nastasia smiled as she leaned over the bed and gave Howie a passionate kiss on the lips, handing him their daughter. " I'll be back later. "

" Don't be gone too long. "

" Why? " Nastasia teased.

" Because I'll miss you too much. "

" You big baby, " Nastasia giggled as Chase walked over to her when she was about to walk out the door.

" Where you going Aunt Stazzie? " he asked, his beautiful brown eyes staring up at her in question.

" I gotta go meet your daddy somewhere, " Nastasia answered hesitantly.

" Can I go too? " Chase piped up.

" No Chazzie. "

" But I wanna go see Daddy! "

" Your daddy will come see you when he gets here, ok? "

" Please? "

" No. "

" Fine, " Chase pouted and plopped down at his spot in front of the tv again.

*****

A.J found himself sitting on the cold floor against the wall in the cell with his head resting in his hands. His stomach ached terribly from where he had been punched hard.

His eyes wandered around the cell and landed on the pieces of torn picture laying scattered around him. Ironically enough, a piece of the picture of both their heads together layed right next to him. It wasn't a big piece, but it was big enough to make his heart stab with pain. He brought a clenched fist down onto it and smacked it as hard as he could.

" Bitch, " he hissed through clenched teeth and went back to resting his head in his hands.

" JJ? "

A.J looked up after hearing the familiar voice. He jumped up as he saw the officer unlocking the cell door and Nastasia standing next to him. As soon as the door was opened and the officer motioned that he was allowed out, he ran into Nastasia's arms, hugging her tightly.

" Thanks for bailing me out. "

" You owe me, " Nastasia half-laughed as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

" Yeah, " A.J answered as he wrapped his arm around Nastasia's shoulders protectively. He was glad to have her there. " You didn't have to come bail me out. "

" Do you actually think I'd let my brother sit on his ass pouting in jail, overnight? " Nastasia joked.

" For one thing, I wasn't pouting. And another thing, if you would have left me here, I would have had to kick your ass when I got out, " A.J grinned, but the grin quickly faded away.

" JJ, what's wrong? "

" Nothing... "

" Don't lie to me. Something's wrong, I know it. What happened? "

A.J looked away from Nastasia as they continued walking to the rental car.

" Answer me JJ. "

" Devon, that's what happened! " A.J gritted.

" Oh no, " Nastasia moaned, wincing at the thought. " I told her she shouldn't go, I told her... " she mumbled.

" Wait a minute, " A.J said suddenly, stopping Nastasia. " You knew that she was going to see him? "

" Well- "

" Stazzie, you knew? "

" Yeah... "

" How come you didn't tell me?! "

" Listen JJ, Laurie didn't want you to know because she knows you're not fond of him and she didn't want you to get mad. "

" I have every fucking right to get mad about this! She cheated on me! "

" What?! "

" You heard me. "

" Wha-how? "

" The bitch cheated on me, she probably has been for who knows how long. "

" Take that back JJ, " Nastasia ordered angrily. She didn't know what Lauren had done to get A.J to accuse her of cheating on him, but A.J had no right to say what he did. She knew Lauren, and she knew Lauren would never do anything to hurt A.J or to cheat on him.

" No! "

" Take it back damnit! "

" No Stazzie. "

" What did Laurie do? "

" For one thing, she went behind my back and saw him, and that breaks my trust. Of course I'm gonna get pissed about it because he's a fucking asshole. "

" She didn't mean any harm by going and seeing him. "

" The hell she didn't and she made that clear when she kissed him, " A.J snapped, his brown eyes glistened over with tears of pure anger.

" No, she couldn't of kissed him. She doesn't like him. "

" She did kiss him. She cheated on me, " A.J whispered hurtfully and stared at the ground. " Listen, I just want to forget about this for right now. Would you mind if I crashed in your's and D's room tonight? I don't want to bother Mom. "

" No problem, " Nastasia answered softly. A.J winced. " What's wrong? "

" My stomach, " A.J replied. " I'm gonna need some ice when we get back to the hotel. "

" Let me see, " Nastasia ordered softly, pulling up A.J's shirt to find an ugly bruise forming on the side of his stomach. " Damn JJ, how did you get that? "

" Once again, Devon. "

" I swear, I oughta kill Laurie for this, " Nastasia mumbled, shaking her head sadly. She had warned Lauren about going to meet Devon at the club, she knew it was going to all backfire and she told her that, but Lauren wouldn't listen. " C'mon, let's go back to the hotel. "

*****

" Brian! Please let me in, please! Brian! " Lauren called frantically as she knocked on Brian's door. " Brian! "

" Hold on, hold on! I'm comin'! " Brian called from inside and then he opened his door, appearing only in a pair of dark boxers and a white tank. From the looks of him, he had been woken up by Lauren's constant knocking on his door. " Laurie...sweetheart, what's wrong? " he asked as he escorted her into his room after seeing the tears ready to pour from her eyes.

" I've made the biggest mistake of my life, " Lauren choked as Brian wiped a tear that had fallen down her cheek.

" What? You played one of Nick's bad jokes on J and now he's pissed? " Brian joked.

" I'm serious Brian! "

" What have you done sweetie? "

" I'm so stupid Bri Bear, I'm so stupid. "

" Don't talk like that. What happened? "

" I made the biggest mistake of my life. "

" You already said that, but what did you do? "

" Devon. "

" Excuse me?! "

" I went and saw him today. "

" Ok...why? "

" He's the one who's been calling me on my cell lately. He knew I would be in New York and he wanted to see me. Just a friendly meeting... "

" Well, what's the problem then? "

" I didn't tell Alex... "

" Why? "

" Because he hates him, he would have been pissed if I would have told him. "

" Uh-oh... "

" Alex came to the club, not knowing anything about Devon being there and he flipped. They got in a fight and Alex was arrested. "

" J's in jail? "

" Yeah... "

" Damn... "

" Bri bear, I don't know what to do. I didn't mean any harm by going and seeing Devon, I don't even like him. "

" But? "

" Alex is pissed, really pissed... "

" That's not good. "

" No... "

" I'm sure everything will be alright if you give him sometime to chill. "

" What if I've really screwed up? "

" Don't think like that, I'm sure everything will be fine. "

Lauren looked away, she wanted to believe Brian's words, but it was too hard to believe them. She knew she had made a major mistake and she knew she should have listened to Nastasia and never went to meet Devon at the club, but she acted stubborn.

" Thanks Bri Bear...if you see Alex before I do, tell him I want to talk to him, ok? "

" Will do. "

" Sorry if I woke you up. "

" It's no problem Laurie. "

" Night. "