- Text Size +
Chapter 62:

Nastasia managed to get AJ home in one piece. He was extremely upset and avoided everyone's questions. He hadn't seen Lauren yet and he was thankful for it. As soon as they were in the hotel AJ made a beeline straight for Nastasia's room.

"Here slugger." Nastasia answered as she tossed an icepack to AJ, then another to Howie. Howie's wrist was a bit swollen from the stitches, and the doctors advised ice. AJ applied his quickly to his sore stomach as Nastasia sat on the opposite bed with him.

Howie held Alexandria tightly in his arms. It was late at night. Chase was already sleeping in the bed where Howie and Alexandria were. Alexandria was also sleeping peacefully in his arms. But he knew that Nastasia would probably crash with AJ this time. So, he wouldn't get her.

"I gave him a good blow to his nose." AJ hissed angrily as Nastasia laid back down on the pillows. AJ sighed heavily as he rested his head on Nastasia's slim stomach. Howie looked away, trying to make the jealously go away.

"JJ, he's a jerk...he always has been...You knew that." Nastasia answered softly as she stroked AJ's dark hair. He sighed heavily as the pain started to dull in his stomach.

"Why him though? I would have rather seen her with the milk boy." AJ whispered softly, tears threatening his eyes. Nastasia sighed softly, she knew what he was dealing with. It was hard.

"Honey, I'm sure she didn't do anything with him-"

"I saw them kiss..." AJ whimpered.

"But-"

"And they were dancing to one of mine and Lauren's songs!" AJ hissed back as he closed his eyes. The pain suddenly intensifying.

"AJ, I dance to songs with other guys..."

"But are they YOUR guys' songs?"

"Yes." Nastasia answered softly as Howie's eyes casted with hurt. He looked away from a moment. Nastasia closed her eyes, not wanting to fight with Howie. "I love Howie with all my heart. And I know the songs are special between us. But I danced with you to our songs, and Bri-Bear. Then there's Nicky...and Kevin-"

"But Howie almost killed Kevin for that!" AJ protested, "RIGHT D?!"

"He's right. It is offensive Stazzie." Howie answered softly. "It hurts us to know you dance with guys to our songs. Those songs are meant for special reasons."

"But-"

"Staz."

"Look, it's nothing. I mean, we know what our songs are. We know the special meaning there is in them...But...I shouldn't be defending her right now should I?" Nastasia groaned.

"No." AJ moaned.

"Look, I'm not saying what she did was good. I'm saying she should of told you...But I can't be mad at her too AJ. It's not fair. I don't think she did anything."

"If you were my sister you'd do this for me." AJ sulked.

"Alexander James-"

"I miss her so much..." AJ trembled as he turned over and buried his head in Nastasia's slim stomach. She felt the sobs release from his body. She stroked his back softly, hopefully trying to comfort him.

*****

AJ slept as much as could be expected that night. His whole body trembled, he pressed against Nastasia for warmth. She hadn't moved from his side, being the best sister she could possibly be.

Nastasia quickly slipped out of bed. They were leaving today. She looked at the other bed to see Howie not there, but Alexandria and Chase sleeping peacefully. She looked oddly and shrugged, walking into the bathroom.

"OHMIGOD!" Nastasia laughed as she walked in. Howie stood at the mirror in a towel wrapped around his waist. He jumped from the sound of her voice. His hair was curling and resting gently on his shoulders. He looked gorgeous.

"Like you haven't seen me naked before." Howie laughed as Nastasia gave him a wry grin. He smiled lightly as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. His bad arm resting gently. It was wrapped again, tightly.

"Does it hurt?" Nastasia whispered softly. Howie winced, it hurt badly. But he didn't want to admit it. It was his foolish mistake and he knew he'd make Nastasia feel worse about it.

"Not too bad." Howie whispered back. "How was AJ last night? Warm?"

"Stop being jealous. He's my brother. Nothing more or less." Nastasia scolded with a smirk.

"I hope he talks with Lauren."

"Me too."

"But let's focus on us." Howie grinned as he placed a tender kiss on Nastasia's lips. She kissed him back, letting her tongue play gently with his.

"Lets." She grinned, kissing him back more fiercely.

****
AJ waited downstairs in the lobby patiently while the bus was being loaded. He was feeling wretched. Nastasia sat by him while she talked with Nick and Howie. Kevin and Howie still hadn't talked after their fight. Nastasia was a little worried about it too.

"Howie's couch ridden on the bus today." Nastasia grinned wryly as Nick grinned back.

"Hey, as long as your couch ridden with me." Howie laughed.

"Oh, sounds like a deal." Nastasia purred, "Guess we'll have to make love the whole ride down."

"DAMN! I am in!" Howie laughed.

"Not till I get action first!" Nick teased. Nastasia laughed as Nick grinned lightly, then an idea popped into his head. "Staz! What was up with the concert last night?!"

"I had an accident. I was doing the one more and I was doing great, but then I was dancing with him and tripped. Luckily he caught me before I fell!" Nastasia laughed as she remembered her dancing with Kevin the previous night.

"I wouldn't have made you trip." Nick laughed.

"I would have because of your big feet." Nastasia teased. Howie looked at his wife and smiled. He held onto Alexandria tightly as he watched Nick look at Nastasia darkly.

"Shut up Dorough!" Nick glared as he picked her up and whirled her in a circle. She squealed loudly as AJ sighed. He glanced up from his depressed state to see Kevin and Brian talking. Then Lauren walked in.

Everything seemed to stop for him as he watched. His wife was walking his way, yet everything was so slow. He felt his heart burn with a dark passion as she gave him a timid smile, and kept on going.

****

Nastasia felt dizzy by the time Nick let her down. Alexandria giggled loudly as her mother took a few wobbley steps. She looked out the large glass windows and focused on one person.

"Stazzie?" Howie called gently. Her mind swirled. She cleared her mind quickly. She knew who that was. It was him. She couldn't believe Devon had the guts to show up here after what happened.

"Staz?" Nick asked. Nastasia looked back to see AJ not paying attention to anything, then Lauren was walking his way. She sighed hard, no one knew he was out there but her.

"What?" She answered.

"What's the matter?" Howie asked gently.

"I have to go outside for a second." Nastasia answered softly. She was settling this once and for all with Devon. Her anger burned double for AJ as she turned to look back at Nick and Howie.

"Look, that guy out there. I have to go talk with him. If he looks angry or whatever don't come out. I have something to settle with him." Nastasia answered coolly.

"But-" Howie protested.

"Look, if he hits me or sends me flying to the ground... I think I'll be fine...so don't worry about it... But, if he does do something, Nick come out and help. Have Kevvy grab him or something. Howie, do not attempt a thing. Your arm is still pretty bad." Nastasia answered.

"I don't want you to get hurt." Howie whimpered.

"I'll be fine." Nastasia replied as she placed a kiss on his lips. She gave Nick a grateful smile and proceeded out the door. No one watching but Howie and Nick.