- Text Size +
Chapter 64:

After Nick and Kevin brought AJ back to the hotel they were forced to drag AJ's butt back out to the bus. They were leaving for their next destinantion. Nastasia felt angry at Lauren as she went to the back of the bus, following AJ.

Lauren collapsed onto the couch in the front of the bus. She heard the back door slam shut, she knew Nastasia was upset with the mistake she had made. And she knew AJ wanted to divorce her.

"Lauren? Sweetie, you okay?" Denise called gently as she placed a warm hand on Lauren's chilly arm. She looked up as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. Howie sat there silently as Alexandria clung to him, she was fussy because her mother had left.

"I'm horrid." Lauren sobbed as she placed her hands over her face, curling into a tight ball as shakes rattled her insides.

"Why mommy? What happened mommy?" Chase asked quickly. A worried expression etched across his face. She looked up to the mirror image of AJ and frowned. "Mommy? Mommy? What's the matter?"

Chase continued to rattle on until Lauren snapped, "Shut the HELL up Chase! ENOUGH!"

Chase jumped from the sound of his mother. Alexandria began to bawl as tears threatened her eyes. Chase stared darkly at his mother, scowling.

"Aunt Stazzie's better! I don't love you anymore!" He hissed as he went to the bunk beds, using all his force he climbed into the bed and slammed the curtain shut. Lauren winced.

"Great..." Lauren sobbed harder as Brian laid another cool hand on her shoulder. Lauren cried out as she wrapped her arms around Brian. He rocked her softly, trying to control her sobs, but nothing seemed to work.

"Shhh, Laurie...It'll be all right..." Brian cooed softly.

"Don't you understand? AJ's m-m-mad at me... He hates me... Chase doesn't love me... S-S-Staz is t-t-taking AJ's side-"

"No she isn't." Howie answered quickly as he rocked Alexandria with his one hand. His other ached badly as Alexandria continued to fuss loudly.

"Yes she is and I blame her for this too." Lauren snapped angrly. Kevin and Nick looked surprised as she placed the blame on Nastasia. Howie felt his anger burn as Lauren glared hatefully at Alexandria, Nastasia's little twin.

"How could she be to blame?" Nick asked, his eyes darkening a bit.

"She told AJ where I was! I told her not to! But does she listen to me? No! She tells him anyway!" Lauren burst, not knowing how else to deal with this. She knew inside her heart that she was to blame, she just didn't want to admit it.

"Lauren she didn't-"

"Shut up Howie!" Lauren sobbed, "What's the use anyway?!"

"I still would like to know since my two children are in the backroom and won't talk to anyone." Denise sighed as she looked to Lauren. She didn't understand what the problem was, and she didn't understand who the man was that Nastasia and AJ were fighting with.

"Look Denise-" Lauren was about to yell, but there was a loud crash from the backroom, then the sound of a scream. Making everyone jump.

*****

Nastasia watched as she fixed an ice pack and a warm washcloth. She knew AJ's stomach was aching with pain from the uppercut and his cheek was bleeding badly. He was spitting blood into a cup every few minutes.

"God damn bitch. I can't believe she had the nerve! And to think I actually loved her! And I fucking-" AJ cursed as he walked back and forth through the backroom. Nastasia heard the anger in his voice, she only once or twice saw him like this. And he had a bad temper. Only she could calm him down usually.

"Here JJ." Nastasia called softly as she offered him the cloth. He grabbed it and applied it to his inner cheek. He glared as he took the ice too. He still walked around, cursing quietly to himself.

"I can't believe he had the fucking nerve to show up here! If they would have let me, I would have knocked the shit-" AJ cursed as he took the cloth from his mouth. Not caring where the blood was anymore. He chucked it against the wall, making Nastasia jump a bit.

"JJ, you need to calm-"

"THAT ASSHOLE! He took Lauren! My wife! My fucking wife cheated on me! Wait till this gets to the papers! Mr. Wild Backstreet Boy can't please his wife! She runs off with a fucking lawyer. More tonight!" AJ cursed as he looked back, his anger threatening more than ever. His head ached as he looked at the picture. One of him and Lauren sitting with Chase.

Nastasia watched as AJ eyed the photograph carefully. His eyes turned a dark color as he continued to stare at it. A wild look returning to his eyes. She was scared to death, he was acting like her father. Her heart started to pump with an intense beat as AJ stared at the picture.

Each boy had placed a photograph in the back that he liked the most. To remind them of home. AJ laughed cruely as he picked up the picture. Looking at it once more he hurled it against the wall. Not caring where it went. He picked the next picture up and chucked it again, crashing to a million pieces the glass cracking onto the floor. Then another picture which contained him, Lauren, Nastasia and Howie sitting together. He chucked it as hard as he possibly could, which connected with Nastasia's arm.

Nastasia yelped as the picture connected with her right forearm, clattering and smashing on her arm, hard. She fell to the ground with the glass, sobbing. Clutching her arm tightly as she wailed, "Damnit Alexander! Stop! You're scaring me!"

AJ snapped out of it as he looked at his dear friend on the floor, surrounded by glass. He looked to see her arm turning a dangerous purple color and blood trickling down it. He had hit her pretty hard.

"Just stop it AJ, stop. This isn't right...Stop!" Nastasia cried as tears trickled down her cheeks. AJ's heart wrenched with pain as she held her arm and rocked herself gently. Like so many nights after her father abused her.

"I'm so sorry Nastasia!" AJ whispered as he came running over. The blood dripping from his cheek as he spit it out. He held Nastasia tightly in his arms, rocking with her. She seemed to be in terrible agony. He knew he hit her hard. "I'm so sorry Stazzie, I'm so sorry."

"I know...just stop...you're s-s-scaring me..." Nastasia whimpered as tears continued to flow down her pale cheeks. The pain intensifying as she tried to move her arm. She kept it there as the blood continued to flow. It seemed so familar to the episodes with her father, but he never apologized.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." AJ repeated as his tears started to mix with Nastasia's tears. He buried his head in her soft pale hair as they both cried, "I hurt too Stazzie, I hurt too Stazzie, I really do."