- Text Size +
Chapter 65:

Lauren jumped from the sounds of crashing. Her heart beat to a maximum as everyone's eyes darted toward the back door. She knew the scream had been from Nastasia. She sat there, frozen.

"What the?" Nick questioned as Denise stood up, a worried look on her face. She walked back to the room without a word, her heart pumping in unison with every step.

"Wait!" Kevin called loudly, he jumped up and ran after Denise. The sounds of more crashing and sobbing continued as Howie cuddled Alexandria.

The pair reached the closed door and stopped, hearing sobbing coming from inside. Denise reached for the door and opened it carefully.

"Stazzie sweetheart?" Kevin called softly as Denise's hands shook. Fear was racing through the both of them. They were afraid to see what laid ahead.

Denise stood in shock seeing the sight of the back room, and Nastasia still hugging A.J as the two of them sobbed.

"I'm so sorry Stazzie. I'm so sorry." AJ repeated over and over as he rocked her gently. Kevin looked at them oddly as Nick and Howie walked back also.

"Omg, Stazzie...what happened?!" Howie asked, nearly dropping Alexandria, but he handed her over to Denise and rushed to Nastasia.

"N-N-Nothing..." Nastasia sniffled as she held her arm a little tighter. AJ already felt bad about it, plus it wasn't his fault. It was hers, or so she thought.

"Baby, what happened to your arm?" Howie asked, moving her hand away, to examine the injury. It wasn't as bad as it looked. It was just the blood that made it look ugly.

"I tried to catch one of AJ's throws...I missed..." Nastasia joked, it hurt bad though.

"What the hell were you doing?" Howie hissed towards A.J, seeing all the glass lying shattered near the wall.

"Don't start Howie. I'm fine, it's fine..." Nastasia answered softly as she looked at AJ, she could see the regret in his eyes. He had been one of those people who swore never to hurt her, because he had seen the damage of her father. And he had gone back on that promise, just like Lauren had gone back on hers.

"I didn't mean to, I swear..." A.J whispered, his eyes becoming apologetic as he stared blankly at the result of his temper on Nastasia's arm.

"See, he didn't mean to. Leave it be..." Nastasia answered softly.

Denise handed Alexandria to Kevin and went over to her son and bent down in front of him trying to get his attention as Howie helped Nastasia up and led her away to fix the small cut on her arm.

"Alex?"

AJ looked lost as he stared at his mother. He fixed his attention to the glass surrounding the place where Nastasia was sitting. Then the droplets of blood. He winced in rememberance. He couldn't believe what happened.

"Alex, honey?" Denise repeated.

"Wha?" AJ asked softly, snapping his thoughts away.

" What's wrong? What happened in here?"

"I got mad." AJ shrugged softly, his eyes watering over with tears. He couldn't believe he had hurt his best friend just because of his wife.

" Can you give us a few minutes? " Denise asked, motioning to Kevin and Nick who were still standing there with questioning faces.

"Oh, uh sure. We'll go check on Stazzie's arm." Kevin answered, who hoisted Alexandria a little higher and walked out.

Denise turned back to A.J and frowned, seeing his eyes glistening with tears. " What's going on? "

"My whole life is crashing down around me mom...Stazzie was trying to be there for me...and I hurt her...I can't even keep my wife satisfied..." AJ answered, breaking down.

" Keep Lauren satisfied? What do you mean Alex? "

"She went back to him, him of all people mom!"

" Who? " Denise asked, confusion clouding her eyes.

"Devon." AJ hissed, the one word which would send him into fits of anger. He just couldn't believe it, his heart ached as he stared at his loving mother.

" No, you must be mistaken. She told me she hasn't seen him in years. "

"She lied." AJ answered, "Like so many other times..."

" That can't be true. "

"Mom, I swear to God. She did. She kissed him, she was dancing with him to OUR song! That was the guy who grabbed Stazzie, who was going to hit Stazzie! She lied to me mom! She lied!" AJ answered, his voice coming out cracked and squeaky as the tears burned.

" When did this happen? " Denise whispered in surprise. She was fond of Lauren and couldn't believe that she would do something like this.

"Yesterday...all yesterday..." AJ whispered, "But how can I be sure that it wasn't longer?"

" How can you be sure that it's what you're thinking it is? "

"Mom they kissed, I saw them kiss! Why are you backfiring everything and sticking up for her?!"

" Don't raise your voice with me, " Denise snapped, but softened when she saw the shocked look in her son's eyes. " All I'm sayin is- "

"I don't want to hear it mom!"

" Fine, " Denise sighed as she stood up, agitated by his attitude. She felt he was being a bit on the stubborn side and she was wasting her time trying to reason with him. " You know where I am if you want to talk. "

"Fine." AJ sulked as he watched his mother disappear out the door. Sighing softly he climbed back onto the couch and slipped down in it, hoping he would just disappear.

" Alex? "

The voice creeped it's way into A.J's mind and he looked up to see Lauren standing in the middle of the room, staring at him with worry. " What the hell do you want? "

"I-I-I wanted to see how you were." Lauren answered softly, her voice coming strained and very soft.

" I don't want to see you so get out of my sight, " A.J snapped.

"I want to talk though." Lauren called softly, her voice tender and fairly worried. Her sapphire eyes dark and bloodshot from tears.

"I don't care what the hell you want."

"I want to say-"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"You can at least listen to me!"

"I think you lost that right!"

"No I didn't, I'm still your wife damnit."

"I've been thinking about that-"

"I want to say I'm sorry-"

"Isn't it a little late for that?" AJ laughed cruely.

"Alexander I want-"

"I don't give a fuck what you want! I want a divorce! That's what I want!" AJ roared.