- Text Size +
Chapter 66:

Nastasia's arm ached as Howie sat her back down on the couch. She hated the feeling of being helpless, but he wouldn't let her do a thing. Carefully he wrapped her tender arm up in an ace bandage.

"OUCH!" Nastasia winced as he applied pressure. The blood was still coming out, and he wasn't sure on whether or not she had sprained it. So, he wanted to be safe.

"Sorry, I'm not the one who injured you though." Howie answered softly as he continued to wrap it. He was still mad at AJ, he had no clue what had happened in there, but he sure as hell was going to find out.

"Stop it." Nastasia whispered as tears threatened her eyes. It hurt so badly, she just wanted to cry. The bruises were already darker than expected, but she was positive it wasn't broke.

"Want some ice?" Kevin asked as he held an icepack out to Nastasia. "Or do you want a kid?"

"Howie or Alexia?" Nastasia teased. Howie glared at her as she smiled softly. With her good arm she pulled him close and whispered, "I love you."

"You too." He grinned as he placed a tender kiss on her lips. She was so happy to have him back the way he was. She knew she loved him.

"OKAY! TAKE THE DAMN KID!" Kevin groaned as he pushed Alexandria into Nastasia's good arm. Alexandria immediatly cuddled into her mother's arms. Obviously happy to have her mother back.

"Hi baby." Nastasia cooed.

"Mama." Alexandria cooed back, her emerald green eyes sparkling with playfullness. Nastasia thought it was like looking into a mirror.

"Aunt Staz?" Chase called sadly. Nastasia looked up to see a frustrated nephew come walking her way. Howie sat comfortably with his arm around Nastasia as Chase crawled onto her lap with Alexandria.

"What's the matter baby?" Nastasia cooed as she brushed away his tangled dark curls with her good arm. She rested her bad arm on Howie's leg, he applied the ice carefully to it.

"Mommy's mad at me. I don't love her." Chase grumbled.

"Have you been talking to your daddy?"

"What happened?" Chase asked, changing the subject quickly. Nastasia looked down at her bad arm, everyone's eyes averted to her. Curious to know what happened back there.

"Nothing, I ran into a wall." Nastasia shrugged.

"Blondie." Chase laughed.

"Did daddy teach you that?" Nastasia laughed.

"Duh!"

"Buttmunch." Nastasia laughed as Chase's eyes turned lighter and happier. She turned back to Howie and placed a cool kiss on his lips. He smiled.

"Are you going to tell us what happened?" Howie asked softly as Alexandria cuddled closer to her mother, resting her head on Nastasia's bosom, obsorbing the heat as Nastasia looped her arm around both children.

"AJ and I-" Nastasia was about to say, but she heard the slam of a door. She jumped from the sound as she turned to see Lauren running up to her. Her eyes filled with tears as she stared at Nastasia hurtfully. "What Lauren?"

"AJ..."

"What?"

"HE WANTS A DIVORCE!" Lauren screamed.