- Text Size +
Chapter 67:

Nastasia stared at Lauren as her friend stood in front of her, shaking as the tears rolled down her cheeks. Even though she was a bit angry with her, she was speechless.

Chase looked up at his aunt with confusion. " What's divorce Aunt Stazzie? " he asked, his childish innocence making Nastasia wince because he had no idea what was going on between his parents. " Huh? What's divorce? "

" How about you go with Uncle Howie to the dining area where Grammy and everyone else is and have some lunch while I talk to your mommy? " Nastasia suggested, making a lame attempt at changing the subject.

Chase glared up at his mother as he hopped down from Nastasia's lap. " I don't love Mommy anymore. "

Lauren began to sob harder as she collapsed onto the couch beside Nastasia. Chase didn't understand how hurtful his words were as Howie began to lead him away.

" Laurie, you're gonna need to calm down before we can talk, " Nastasia said as she turned to her sobbing friend.

" How can you expect me to calm down when I've just found out my marraige is over?! " Lauren cried as she buried her head in her hands, shaking from the sobs that were racking her body.

" If you want to talk, you're gonna need to calm down so I can actually talk to you, " Nastasia replied gently.

" I didn't go to the club to do anything, I only went to visit Devon! " Lauren said suddenly as she looked up at Nastasia through tearful eyes.

" JJ doesn't know or understand that. He thinks you've been cheating on him, " Nastasia answered softly, surprising Lauren.

" I've never cheated on him! "

" I know. "

" Then how can he say I've been cheating on him?! "

" Because he said he saw you kissing Devon and- "

" But I didn't kiss Devon! He kissed me while we were dancing! "

" Laurie- "

" I swear to God that I didn't kiss him! "

" Wether you kissed him or not, you already caused damage by going to see Devon without telling JJ and of course that is going to piss him off. He has a right to be angry about that. I told you you shouldn't have gone to go see Devon at the club because he would cause nothing but trouble. You didn't listen to me and look- "

" Why are you going against me?! "

" I'm not. "

" You are too! You're taking Alex's side! "

" I am not Laurie, I'm just saying that I warned you that something bad was going to happen. But you didn't listen. "

" You are going against me! "

" I am not! "

" I made a stupid mistake Stazzie, God I made such a stupid mistake. I never meant to hurt Alex by going to the club to see Devon. I knew he wasn't fond of him, that's why I didn't tell him! " Lauren sobbed harder as she pulled her knees up to her chest, breathing in deeply, but shakily.

" You should have told him. You and I both know that, " Nastasia answered as she wrapped her arms around Lauren comfortingly.

" I didn't want to hurt him... "

" But you ended up hurting him by not telling him, because now he thinks you're cheating on him. "

" But I'm not! "

" I know that, but he doesn't and he won't listen at the moment. "

" What am I going to do about Chase? I don't want him to be without his father like he was before! What am I going to do?! "

" First of all, you're gonna calm down. Then you're gonna give JJ a while to cool off before you- "

" But he won't listen to me! He wouldn't even let me talk when I tried talking to him! "

" I know, but you need to let him cool off first. "

" Why did I do this Stazzie? "

" Shouldn't you be able to answer that better than me? "

*****

Chase sat at the large fold-out table, watching as his uncle balanced his cousin in one arm and reached into the cupboards with the other. Denise had gone back to talk to A.J again along with Kevin, while Nick and Brian had both gone to their bunks to lie down.

Just then, A.J walked into the dining area and walked over to the fridge, reaching in and grabbing a coke, while not making a move to say anything.

" Hi Daddy! " Chase piped up, his eyes becoming lighter and happier. He was really close to his father.

A.J grumbled at his son and returned to the back of the bus.

Chase looked up at Howie with saddened eyes. " Is Daddy mad at me? "

" No, he isn't mad at you buddy. "

" Did I make Mommy cry? " Chase asked, forgetting why he was mad at her. He didn't know why she had been crying, he thought it was his fault.

" No, you didn't. "

" Then why was she crying? "

" I don't know, " Howie lied as Alexandria began to fuss for her bottle and he retrieved it out of the fridge for her.

*****

" I'm sick of her bullshit, I don't want to deal with it. I can't and I won't! " A.J hissed as he plopped back down on the couch, watching as his mother cleaned up the broken glass and picked up the pictures.

" Are you thinking reasonably about this J? " Kevin questioned as he sat up in his seat. " You haven't given Lauren a chance to explain- "

" I don't need to! I saw what I saw! "

" But divorce J? Isn't that overreacting a little? "

" She's cheating on me! Getting a divorce is going light if you ask me! "

" You don't know if she's actually cheating on you. "

" I saw her kissing him with my own eyes. I think that's all the proof I need! "

" Have you even thought about Chase? "

" I'll get custody of him! "

" That's not fair to Lauren. "

" And it's not fair to me that she cheated! "

" Maybe if you would listen- "

" I don't need to listen! If you want to take her side, that's fine with me. I really don't give a fuck because I am through with her! " A.J hissed as he stood up from the couch, glaring angrily at Kevin, making both Kevin and Denise wince. He strided out the door and walked into the bunks area and climbed into his bunk, slamming the curtin shut with anger, then slammed his head back onto the pillow. He allowed the tears to flow from his eyes as he stared up at the bunk cieling, just letting all of his anger flow from him, and soon he fell into a fitful sleep.