- Text Size +
Chapter 68:

The rooms had been changed when they arrived at their next show, New Jersey. Nastasia offered that AJ bunk with her and Howie since there were two beds in the hotel room. AJ agreed, he found it comforting to be with Nastasia. The only person he thought that really knew what he was feeling.

AJ was very depressed while he waited for practice to start. He refused to speak with anyone now, except for Nastasia. She didn't push the limits, they talked about normal things. Which made him feel better. He didn't want to accept the fact that his life was crumbling around him.

Lauren on the other hand refused to speak to anyone, espessially Nastasia. She felt betrayed by Nastasia. She couldn't believe Nastasia was taking AJ's side. It made her hurt even worse.

"Mom, I need a credit card." Nastasia answered as she walked into Denise's room. Denise looked at Nastasia as Chase placed his cards down on the bed. Denise and Nastasia had been taking turns with Chase, since both of his parents were too depressed to play with him.

"Why?" Denise asked as she fished in her purse and pulled out her credit card. Chase looked at his aunt oddly as Nastasia smiled gratefully.

"I'm picking Lauren's lock." Nastasia answered as she picked the card from Denise's hand. Denise looked suprised, she knew Lauren kept her bedroom door locked for the whole day. Nastasia had become fed up with the whole ordeal too.

"Don't break my card!" Denise answered.

"Thanks mom." Nastasia answered, "JJ and Howie left for the arena already. I told them I'll be there in about ten. Do you want to go Chaser?"

"Will mommy be there?" Chase asked hopefully.

"I don't know..."

"Daddy?"

"Yeah babe, daddy will be there."

"I'm going!" Chase answered jumping up on the bed. Nastasia smiled sadly, she knew Chase meant a lot to AJ. And she knew deep inside AJ didn't want the divorce, he was just blowing steam. "Is Lexie going?"

"She'll be there."

"Okay, we'll go grab a taxi." Denise answered.

**********

"LAUREN! LET ME IN!" Nastasia called loudly as she banged hard on the door with her good arm. The other that had been hit with the picture was extremely tender and sore.

"GO AWAY NASTASIA!" Lauren yelled with a scream.

"NO! LET ME IN!"

"GO AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" Lauren screamed back as she threw a pillow at the door. She turned on her side and started to cry harder. Her heart ached badly. She just wanted to die. She continued to sob until she heard a click, then the door open.

"What the fu-"

"I'm good at opening doors." Nastasia answered with a smirk as she flashed the card in front of Lauren's face. Lauren scowled.

"Would you just leave me alone?" Lauren spat.

"No, because I wanted to talk with you."

"About what? Don't you think you've talked enough?" Lauren asked sarcastically.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to come to practice-"

"AJ's going to be there. So, why would I want to go? How dumb can you be Nastasia? Use your brain-"

"I was using it. I figured that maybe-"

"You're such a b-"

"Hey! I'm not the one to blame for this whole thing Lauren." Nastasia answered as she crossed her hands over her chest. Lauren glared angrily. Even with a bandaged arm she looked great.

"You are too!" Lauren shouted as she jumped up from the bed. Nastasia stared at her in shocked as she looked back at her old friend.

"What?"

"You told AJ where I was. You told him. If you wouldn't have told him then he wouldn't have come. And we would still have a perfect life. But no, you had to tell. You're a damn disease Nastasia-"

"Hey!" Nastasia answered, her eyes casting over with hurt as she stared at her friend, who was way too deep in anger to think logically.

"You are a DISEASE Nastasia. You come into people's lives and ruin them. No wonder your father beat you day in and day out. You were an accident that ruined his relationship with your mother. The world would be a perfect place if you would just DIE!" Lauren screamed out, making Nastasia jump.

Nastasia winced as Lauren finished her yelling. She felt her heart smash in two as Lauren continued to glare at her. She knew Lauren was in pain, and she knew that Lauren was saying things she didn't mean. But that still didn't justify it.

"I know you're hurting Lauren. And I understand what you're feeling. I'm sorry JJ's angry at you, and I understand that too. But you had no right, no right to say that." Nastasia whispered as she walked out the door quickly.

Lauren burst into fresh tears.

******

AJ sat by Nastasia as they waited for practice to start. AJ held Chase close as Alexandria slept peacefully in Nastasia's arm, leaning her head on Nastasia's chest. AJ seemed more mellow than earlier.

"How's the arm?" AJ asked softly.

"It's all right." Nastasia answered.

"I'm sorry babe."

"I know, it's fine. At least we can have a slumber party tonight." Nastasia smiled. AJ shared the same smile.

"She's the only one he's talking to." Howie answered as they watched AJ and Nastasia laugh.

"She is, but she's been through a lot with him." Denise smiled.

"I'm glad he's opening up to her."

"Me too. She's very loving."

"Yep."

"And maybe he'll let her help him." Denise smiled. Howie nodded as they turned their attention back to AJ and Nastasia.