- Text Size +
Chapter 72:

Nastasia and AJ had returned with Chase about an hour later. The doctor diagnosed it as the flu and gave Chase some antibiotics. Relieved, AJ watched Nastasia cuddle with Chase on the tour bus as they took off.

It had almost turned into a disaster when the doctor was trying to examine Chase. He totally freaked out and went into crying hysterics when the doctor pulled out the needle to give him a shot. Nastasia and A.J had to hold him down, in order to allow the doctor to inject Chase with the medicine.

Luckily Chase wasn't too upset with either of them. They had taken him to get some ice pops to keep in the freezer. He was extremely pleased with those results. AJ smiled softly as he watched Alexandria crawl over to where Nastasia and Chase rested.

" Mama, " Alexndria cooed up at her mother as she shakily stood up, balancing herself with Nastasia's legs. Chase moaned a bit and turned away, burrying his head in Nastasia's chest. His forehead was still hot, but the doctor said the antibiotics should help.

"How's my babydoll?" Nastasia cooed softly as she rubbed Chase's back.

" Mama, " Alexandria giggled.

"Where's your daddy?" Nastasia asked as she reached out with her sore arm and gave Alexandria's tummy a tickle.

" Dada, " Alexandria giggled again, giving her mother a bright smile.

"I didn't mean for you to say Dada, I just want to know where he is stinker." Nastasia laughed as she pulled the cover snugger over her and Chase's bodies.

" Dada, " Alexandria answered, nodding her head.

"Blondie." Nastasia laughed.

Alexandria stared up at her mother for a second and then shook her head.

"What?" Nastasia gasped in surprise as her daughter continued to stare at her. AJ let out a laugh as he sat down on one of the nearby couches.

Chase looked up when he saw A.J sit down near by. " Daddy, " he mumbled, pushing the blanket away from his arms and reaching for his father.

"Hey." AJ smiled as he picked his son up and cuddled him in his arms as he sat back down on the opposite couch. Nastasia glared playfully at Chase.

Chase snuggled into his father's arms and let out a sigh, then closed his eyes, resting against A.J's body.

"How adorable." Nastasia replied as she sat up on the couch and watched her daughter look at her.

Alexandria stared at her mother for a minute longer, then began to crawl away. She didn't get very far, for Nastasia jumped up from her seat and scooped her daughter up. " Where do you think you're going?! "

"Dada." Alexandria replied with a giggle.

" That's right, let's go see your dada. "

*****

Nastasia walked back the hall to the backroom. She and Alexandria peaked their heads in, knowing they were the only females on the bus besides Denise, and Denise was sleeping. "Y'all decent in there?" She called loudly, making Alexandria giggle as they walked in, covering their faces.

" Who's asking? " Kevin chuckled from inside.

"Nastasia." Nastasia answered as she covered her eyes.

" Hold on a sec. Nick, get out. "

" What?! " Nick exclaimed.

" You aint decent, " Kevin joked as Brian and Howie chuckled. Howie had become a litle lighter around Kevin, though he still hadn't talked to him yet.

"Oh wait, hold the kid. Nick, man, let's hit the bunkbed!" Nastasia teased as she sat down on the couch, sprawling herself out over Kevin and Nick.

" I'm all th- " Nick didn't finish his sentence when he caught the glare coming from Howie. " I'm joking D. "

"Jezz, I can't have fun anymore can I?" Nastasia teased as she sat up in Kevin's lap and looked at Howie.

" Only with me, " Howie stated firmly with a serious look.

"Forget I said anything." Nastasia replied softly as she stood up from Kevin's lap and moved to the empty couch at the other side of the bus.

"Oh." Nastasia answered, "The only reason I came back here was to let Alexia see her daddy. Lord knows she says that word too much."

" Ahhh, is my poor Stazzie getting jealous? " Howie joked as Nastasia glared at him playfully.

"Nah, because I can have people like Kevvy saying my name all the time." Nastasia shot back.

Howie's expression turned dark.

" Do you want me to leave? " Kevin asked.

"No." Nastasia answered quickly.

" Alright... " Kevin replied uncomfortably. He hated to think that if Howie still thought something was going on between him and Nastasia, because there wasn't.

"Unless Nastasia needs to leave because Nastasia is causing trouble." Nastasia answered as she looked to Howie.

Howie rolled his eyes at her and then smiled.

"Ooooh, Nastasia got out of trouble." Nastasia answered as she rolled her eyes back at Howie. She then looked over to see Kevin's eyes shift, she knew he was uncomfortable.

" Who said you were out of trouble? " Howie joked.

"Me, myself, and I." Nastasia replied as she looked back at Howie defiantly, crossing her good arm over her chest.

" You mean I have to put up with 3 you's? "

"Nah, I'll give one of me to you, one to Nicky, and one to Kevvy." Nastasia shrugged.

" What about me? " Brian asked hurtfully, giving her the puppydog face.

"Oh, man, guess I'll have to have another split...me, myself, I, and me times two." Nastasia laughed.

" As long as- " Brian began.

" You love me! " Nastasia cut in with a giggle. Brian looked at her oddly.

" No, that's not what I was gonna say. "

"Then what were you going to say?" Nastasia asked as she twirled a piece of her blonde hair on her finger.

" That you're blonde? " Brian joked.

"You're lucky my arm hurts, otherwise I would have jumped you right now." Nastasia answered as she pouted.

" Nah, you wouldn't do that to me. "

"You have much confidence for a southern redneck." Nastasia laughed.

" You's makin' fun of me? " Brian asked, deepening his accent on purpose.

"Noooo, never."

" Like...uh...hi my name is like...Stazzie, " Brian joked as he made his voice come out high pitched and he tried to twirl his short hair on his finger. " And like ha...I'm like a blonde valley girl...uh hehe. "

"Oh, I like resent that!" Nastasia shot back in the same voice, "I didn't grow up in the, like, valley... More...like...hmmm...hehe, I forget!"

" Lexie and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case! "

"Howie!" Nastasia whined, "He's picking on me!" Nastasia whimpered as she went and crawled onto Howie's lap. Her green ocean eyes penetrating into his own.

Howie stared deeply into Nastasia's eyes and a grin formed on his face as they inched closer together and the two of them engaged in a passionate kiss.

"Gosh! Rent a room!" Nick yelled, throwing a pillow at them.