- Text Size +
Chapter 73:

Lauren walked back into her mother's living-room after placing the last box in the guest room. She hadn't gotten all of her stuff from A.J's place, but she would get it later. She just wanted to get out of that place as quickly as possible.

"Sweetheart, aren't you going to call to make sure Chase is all right? I mean, he must be terribly worried." Lauren's mother called softly as she walked back into the living room.

" He's with his father, he's fine, " Lauren grumbled, plopping onto the couch with a hateful sigh. She was aching terribly and she wanted to call Chase, but she didn't want to take the chance of having A.J pick up the phone. Though, she could call Nastasia's cell phone, but she had no desire to talk to her at the moment, and she was sure that Nastasia probably didn't want to talk to her either, and there was always that chance that A.J could answer also.

"What happened? You're so hateful right now." Her mother answered as she sat down beside her daughter. Lauren winced, her mother had always been blunt.

" Nothing, " Lauren spat, tears threatening her eyes.

"I know you're lying. And I hate it when you lie. Usually you're on the phone with Nastasia when you're not near her. And AJ, you guys are just never apart from one another. Like the three musketeers. Just tell me sweetie."

" We're... " Lauren tried to say, but her voice broke and she couldn't look at her mother.

"You're what?"

" We're getting a divorce... " Lauren whispered hurtfully as her vision became blurry from the tears that started to rain down her cheeks.

"Why??" Her mother asked, her voice catching in her own throat. Suprise casted in her own sapphire eyes.

" I made a mistake... "

"What mistake?"

" Devon called me. He knew I would be in New York and wanted to see me. I agreed to see him, we met up at a club down the street from the hotel we were staying at, but I didn't tell Alex I was going to see him. I didn't want to tell him because I knew he hated him... "

"You didn't, honey..."

" I didn't want to hurt him Mom, he would have been pissed if I would have told him. "

"But why go see Devon? All he does is cause hurt."

" Because I shut him out of my life after that one night when A.J and I broke up. I just wanted to see how he was doing, I didn't think anything of it. "

" But Lauren- "

" I know, it was stupid of me to agree to see him in the first place, I realize that now. But I didn't mean any harm by going. I just didn't tell Alex, because I knew he'd be hurt by it. "

" And what happened? "

" He showed up at the club, Alex did. "

" But if you didn't tell him? "

" Nastasia did. That back stabbing b- "

" Don't say that. "

" But she told him. He wouldn't have found out if she wouldn't have told him. She ruined it, she ruined everything! "

" Honey, I'm sure- "

"Look mom, I just want to bail out from everyone that has to do with that damn tour. I'm mad at everyone. Nastasia is probably enjoying the one on one time with Alex anyway. Good ridance!" Lauren spouted hatefully.

" Why didn't you bring Chase with you? "

" Denise had already taken him to the concert. I didn't want to go there and interfere by trying to get him and I didn't want to see Alex! "

"But what happens when Chase finds out you just left him completely? That's abandonment. And he's a smart boy Lauren, he'll be very hateful afterwards."

" I'll make arrangements to have him flown back soon. "

"You think AJ's going to let that happen when you already left him once. What if this really goes through court Lauren. Do you realize neglect is taken seriously and he might get full custody of Chase if he wants?" Her mother answered in a very serious tone, scaring Lauren.

" No...no, I'm not going to let him get full custody of Chase. I'm gonna get a lawyer, " Lauren stuttered, her mind racing.

"The best lawyer in the world is not going to do a bit of good when Alexander says you left your own son due to an argument, plus lied, and then the meeting with Devon." She responded with a smart tone, hating to do this to her daughter, but she had to awaken her brain, "I hope you know what you just did Lauren."

" I...but I.... "

"But what Lauren?"

" I didn't know what to do. I couldn't think of anything else to do but leave. I'll have Chase flown out, I will. "

"He might not let you have him back Lauren...you have to realize that sweetheart. His lawyer is going to be very tough if he chooses to keep Chase."

" I can't lose my son Mom, I can't, " Lauren sobbed.

"You should have thought about that before baby. Maybe things will work out. Praying always helps the situation. Call out to them in a few days, hopefully Alexander will be understanding." She replied, holding Lauren tightly.

" I don't want to lose Chase Mom, I don't want to lose him, " Lauren sobbed uncontrobally, her mother's words stabbing her directly in the heart and the thought that she might actually lose her son, made her just want to die.

"Just pray and call back in a few days. What more can I say Lauren?"

" But Alex won't even talk to me. I tried talking to him, he won't talk... "

"What about Denise? Or Nastasia?"

" Nastasia won't talk to me, she probably hates now because of what I said. "

"What did you say to her?" She sighed. She never thought of her daughter to make such a huge mistake. She was very intelligent, which suprised Lauren's mother most of all.

" The worst thing I could ever say to her. "

"And that would be?"

" Something that now I don't deserve her as a friend because of it. "

"What was it Lauren?" Her mother asked again. She was very protective of both girls. Ever since she had first met Nastasia there was something about her personality that she fell in love with. Lauren did too.

" I was just so angry at her for telling Alex where I had gone... "

"And you said something about her father didn't you?"

Lauren only nodded with shame, breaking her gaze away.

"I'd be pretty upset at you too there Lauren. She's such a sweet girl, I can't imagine her telling AJ where you were out of spite of just because she wanted to. And the life she had to live, Lauren it's not fair to blame her. She has enough to deal with. Putting Nastasia in an awkward posistion is hard enough. She loves both of you, and Chase. I understand her posistion totally."

" I didn't mean what I said, I wasn't even thinking. "

"It seems to me that your brain was on vacation the entire time in New York."

" That's not funny. "

"It's the truth though isn't it?"

" This is all my fault, isn't it? I ruined everything. I ruined my marraige with Alex, my friendship with Stazzie and now I'm gonna lose my son. "

"Calm down Lauren. Just calm down. You need to gather your thoughts and rest. It's been a tough day. Why not go rest and I'll bring you some tea?"

" Fine, " Lauren mumbled as she stood up from the couch shakily and walked down the hall to the guest room, where she collapsed onto the bed and sobbed into one of the pillows.