- Text Size +
Chapter 74:

Nastasia concentrated hard as she and Kevin practiced their dance routine for 'The Call'. She zoned out as Kevin called out the number of beats. Nastasia looked so passioned that everyone else stopped for a moment to watch Kevin and Nastasia dance.

"How was that?" Nastasia asked, very much out of breath as they finished for the 3rd time.

"Perfect as always," Kevin smiled as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and hurried off to get some water.

"Rock on, ya baby!" Nastasia sung as she looped her arms around Nick's neck. "I was perfect? Did you hear that?!"

"You would have done more perfect if you were dancing with me," Nick pouted.

"No I wouldn't, you would have broken my foot from stepping on it." Nastasia answered as she formed the same pout on her glossed lips.

"My feet aren't that big," Nick said as he stared down at his feet.

"Bigger than mine."

"So?"

"You know...I have no idea where I was going with that statement..." Nastasia responded, her voice lighter and more chirpier. Her actions made Howie laugh as Alexandria and Chase played on the chairs of the arena.

She watched as Chase climbed over one chair and then over another. He seemed to be doing a bit better, but it was obvious he wasn't feeling 100 percent better. He hadn't thrown up since the night before and his fever had gone down a bit, but hadn't dissappeared yet. Nastasia was still a little worried, but he had begged A.J to let him play, and finally A.J said ok, but only for a little bit.

"Okay, who said we are on a break?" Nastasia asked, shaking the worried thoughts from her head. She knew Chase would be fine, the medicine would kick in soon.

"I did," A.J laughed as he walked back out onto stage, a water bottle in his hand. He had a white towel drapped around his neck.

"I see figures JJ is the bum of the group. But no one can get Stazzie a water. So, she has to walk all the way down there and grab a water herself." Nastasia teased as she stood up and stretched her aching muscles.

"Have mine, I thought I would share it with you," A.J smiled. He had loosened up a bit, but everyone knew what or who was still on his mind.

"Hey, that's awesome!" Nastasia laughed as AJ tossed her the water. She took a long slug of the water and tossed it back to him, cap open. Spilling it all over him.

She decided the best way to hang around AJ was to get him in a better mood. She knew he was hurting, but sometimes getting away from those feelings could make AJ feel a lot better. It was the best thing for him, and Nastasia was sure she would be there for him.

Everyone decided it would be a good idea to take a break for awhile, and most everyone sat in the chairs, watching while A.J and Nastasia fooled around up on stage, throwing the water at each other.

Brian chuckled to himself as he heard his cell phone ring, A.J and Nastasia sure were a site together.

"Yo, this is Brian."

"Bri-Bear?"

"Lauren?!" Brian managed to choke out as Howie looked over to him with an odd look in his eyes. Brian shrugged helplessly as he turned his attention back to Nastasia who had grabbed two water bottles and released them both onto AJ.

"Yeah..."

"What's happening? Why'd you leave all of a sudden?"

Lauren sighed. "Because of what happened..."

"OH."

"So, how's Chase?"

"He's fine. He doesn't know where you are. We told him you went on a bit of a vacation. He seems to be taking it well. Of course, he's sick." Brian replied.

"Sick?" Lauren asked, her voice becoming a little strained.

"Just the flu. Nastasia got him to the ER with AJ. He's a lot better than yesterday. Didn't puke on Nastasia once." Brian answered with a smile.

"I'm glad. I want him to come home in a few days."

"You're going to have to hit that up with AJ. I'm not in this one. I'm staying out. All the guys decided it's up to you two. I'll tell him to call you." Brian answered truthfully. Lauren felt her heart stab with regret, it seemed no one was on her side.

"How is AJ? And Nastasia" Lauren asked, curious to see what he was feeling and what he was up to. She was even more curious to know how Nastasia was doing.

"They're feeling really bad about what happened. They both miss you a lot." Brian answered, but something on the other end made Lauren disagree with Brian's answer.

"ALEXANDER JAMES! THAT'S COLD!" Lauren heard Nastasia shriek. AJ had just thrown a whole bottle of water over top of Nastasia's head. Her hair was turning to a curly mass.

"HEY! YOU GOT ME FIRST!" AJ shouted back with a laugh as he prepared to dump the rest on Nastasia. She squealed out and grabbed his arms, battling him to the ground.

"STOP JJ! STOP!" Nastasia laughed as he fell on top of her. He quickly pinned her arms down. She looked up at him, the devilish look in his eyes. "JJ?"

"What?" Lauren heard AJ laugh.

"You look like a drowned rat!" Nastasia called back.

"Oh now that's it. Give me a kiss or it's resulting in a bath of cold water bottles." AJ threatened. Lauren felt her stomach turn with sickness.

"I have to go." Lauren blurted.

"Wait, Laur-"

"No, it's obvious they miss me a lot. I'll be calling back for when I want Chase-"

"But Lauren-"

"Bye." Lauren answered, that's all Brian heard. Then he heard the sound of the dial tone. He shivered as Nastasia let out another large squeal.

"Who was on the phone?" Howie asked.

"Lauren." Brian answered softly. Howie nodded, looking back up at his wife who was getting soaked with water and plagued with tickles. He laughed.

"HELP! KEVVY! HOWIE! NICKY! BRI-BEAR!" Nastasia screamed.

"Should we?" Nick asked.

"I'm going!" Kevin sang, running to Nastasia's rescue.