- Text Size +
Chapter 77:

" Who does she think she is?! That bitch! " A.J shouted as the bathroom door shut. He ran his fingers through his hair as his face turned beet red and the veins in his temples stuck out.

" JJ, stop! " Nastasia screamed as she turned around and rushed back over to him.

" She has no fucking right! That bitch, she has no fucking right! "

" Calm down! " Nastasia pleaded as she placed comforting hands on his shaking arms, but he only pushed them away.

" No! Who the hell does she think she is?! "

" Stop it Alexander! Stop it! " Nastasia screamed as she forced him to sit on the edge of the bed. She blinked several times, she could see her father in A.J's angry face.

" She can't just come and take him away! "

" Calm down JJ, just calm down, " Nastasia soothed as she sat down beside him and rubbed his back.

" She left him here Stazzie, she left him here! And now she wants him back?! Hell no! " A.J raved.

" That's because Chase is her son. "

" He's my son too! "

" I know and it was completely wrong for her to leave without telling anyone, especially Chase, and it was not fair to just leave him here. "

" She doesn't deserve him! "

" That isn't true JJ! She's his mother. "

" And I'm his father, but I haven't abandoned him like she has! "

" I doubt she left him here on purpose. " Nastasia couldn't imagine Lauren would just get up and abandon Chase for no reason, she loved her son dearly.

" Bullshit! She's a careless bitch and she doesn't love Chase! "

" She's loved him since the day she gave birth to him. She's been there for him, taken care of him and loved him before you even came into his life JJ, so don't you dare say she doesn't love that child. "

" She would have never abandoned him. I won't let her take him, I won't let her get full custody of him! I won't! "

" Wether you face it or not, Laurie will always be Chase's mother. And by you trying to keep him from seeing her, you're making him suffer. "

" She doesn't deserve him! "

" Stop telling me that bullshit JJ. Even though you don't want to admit it, you know keeping him away from his mother will damage him. You need to talk to Laurie and- "

" I don't need to fucking talk to her! "

" Yes you do and you're going to wether you like it or not! "

Nastasia walked over to A.J's suitcase and pulled out his cellphone and handed it to him. She was becoming angry because she knew A.J was making the wrong decision about wanting to get full custody of Chase. It was bad enough that him and Lauren were getting a divorce, but keeping Chase away from his mother was even worse.

" Call her, " she ordered gently.

" No! " A.J hissed.

" I'm fucking serious A.J! Call her now! " Nastasia ordered again, this time more firmly.

A.J winced as he clutched his cellphone. He could tell Nastasia was serious by the look in her eyes and he knew he shouldn't mess with her.

" Why now? " he gritted.

" Because you won't call her otherwise, so I'm forcing you to call her now, " Nastasia answered, glaring down at him.

A.J winced again. He hated this more than anything, he had no desire to call her what-so-ever. But he knew he had to talk to her sooner or later, which he hated even more.

Nastasia rolled her eyes and grumbled under her breath as A.J made no move to do anything. She snatched the phone from his hand hastily and punched in the number to his and Lauren's house, then shoved it back to him.

A few seconds passed and A.J threw the phone to the bed. " No answer, " he gritted.

" Call her mother's house. That's where she'll be if she's not at your guy's place. "

*****

Lauren turned over in bed for the millionth time until finally, she gave up on trying to sleep and layed on her back, staring at the ceiling in the dark.

Her mind was clogged with thoughts, that it was impossible for her to sleep. She had made up her mind that she would call an attorney's office tomorrow for a lawyer and then she would call Denise to make arrangements for Chase to be flown home the next day.

Her breath caught in her throat as the phone rang. She wondered who would be calling her this late. She was hoping it was Nastasia, but for some reason, she had a feeling it wasn't.

" Hello? "

" What the hell is your problem? "

Lauren clentched her eyes shut as his voice rang in her ears; it was A.J. " Excuse me? "

" What the HELL is your problem? "

" I don't have a problem. "

" That's just another one of your fucking lies. "

" Who the hell gave you the right to call me up this late and start giving me shit, because I sure as hell didn't! "

" Who the hell gave you the right to just up and leave your son without telling anyone? Tell me that Lauren, because I'd really like to know! "

" You don't understand anything! "

" Don't give me that shit! "

" You don't understand anything A.J! You don't- "

" No Lauren! You don't fucking understand anything! You don't understand how much you've hurt that little boy when you up and left without telling him! You don't understand how much he's hurting at the moment! He's misses you so damn much and you don't even give a fuck, because if you did, you would have never up and left him! So don't give me that shit and say I don't understand anything! "

Lauren could feel the tears threatening her eyes as she gripped the phone, she could feel herself begin to shake.

" You have no fucking right to be telling me that, no fucking right! "

" Bullshit! You've turned into one major bitch, and you didn't even deserve the second chance I gave you. I hope you have a good lawyer, because you're going to need it! " A.J hissed and hung up, the dial tone ringing in Lauren's ear.

She threw the phone down and it crashed to the floor with a loud thud. She burried her face in her hands and began to sob uncontrobally.

*****

A.J chucked his cellphone across the room as tears fell from his eyes. He had really let her have it, he wasn't going to deal with her bullshit any longer and he was going to make sure she knew that. Without realizing it, Nastasia had gone into the bathroom while he had been on the phone and she came walking out, cradling a red faced, sobbing Chase in her arms.

" JJ, get me the medicine that Chase was prescribed, " she ordered softly as she layed Chase onto the bed. She brushed her hand across his cheek and tried to give him a smile, but Chase kept on wailing.

" Why? What's wrong? " A.J asked, trying to keep his temper down as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

" Chase's fever is up and he just threw up again, " Nastasia answered as she sat down beside Chase and cuddled him, whispering calming words into his ear.

" Mommy...mommy... " Chase whimpered, his flushed cheeks wet with tears.

A.J frowned as he walked over to the table in the room and grabbed the prescription bottle, he could feel his anger towards Lauren boil, he hated her even more for not being here right now.