- Text Size +
Chapter 81:

Nastasia eyed Denise with question as she recieved no answer and the cell phone kept ringing. Denise eyed it nervously. She knew it was Lauren, but she wasn't sure if she should answer it while Nastasia was in the room.

"Aren't you going to answer it mom? It may be AJ and Chase calling." Nastasia asked.

" No, no...I'll let it go to voicemail and I'll check it later, " Denise replied quietly as she continued packing Chase's clothes in his suitcases.

"Why? JJ might need you. And I still want to know why you're packing Chase's clothes." Nastasia answered, her voice soft. She hated being lied to espessially by the person she believed to be her mother.

Denise sighed as she turned around to face her daughter. " I'm packing Chase's clothes because he's going back to Orlando...I'm going with him, " Denise replied softly, unsure of Nastasia's reaction.

"Your WHAT?" Nastasia blurted out suddenly, her heart starting to beat faster. She didn't know what to think. Her heart tore both ways, one way for AJ, another for Lauren.

" I'm taking Chase back to Orlando... "

"W-W-Why?"

" Because he needs his mother. "

"But he needs AJ too."

" Yes, he does. "

"Did Lauren talk you into this?" Nastasia asked, her anger boiling as she thought about it. Lauren couldn't face AJ directly. But she could go to Nastasia and AJ's mother and sucker her.

" Stazzie, listen to me dear. I'm not doing this for Lauren, I am doing this for Chase. I feel that if he-"

"Your doing this for Lauren. You bought into her lies for once! Mom, you're going to hurt JJ more than he needs to be hurt. And I for once am not going to be the one he gets mad at." Nastasia replied, feeling the tears in her eyes burst for AJ. "And please DO give my love to Lauren." Nastasia replied sarcastically before she left the room.

*****

AJ, Nastasia, and Howie rested in the hotel room with Chase sleeping and Alexandria taking a nap also. Nastasia seemed very distant when she came back from Denise's room. Howie was a little worried about it, but chose to say nothing.

"How'd shopping go JJ?" Nastasia asked shakily as she took a seat next to him, she couldn't get herself to look at him.

"Chase was happy. He got some new clothes, and he picked out something for his Auntie Staz...but I'm not allowed to say anything about it. He's going to give it to you when he wakes up. How was the beach you two?" AJ asked, his expression happier and lighter. Nastasia frowned, knowing their mother was going to crush that face.

"Oh, it was um...great. We all had fun," Nastasia answered pointing to her, Howie and a sleeping Alexandria.

"Nastasia got beat up by the waves more than anyone, but Chase's present might make her feel better..." Howie smirked, trying to get his wife to lighten up. Knowing something was plaguing her.

" Whatever Howie, " Nastasia grinned, but it melted away. " C'mon JJ, tell me what my Chazzie got for me! "

" Nope, sorry. No can do. He made me promise not to tell you. He said, ' don't tell Aunt Stazzie because I want to ' so I promised him I wouldn't. Sorry, it's the kid's order, " A.J laughed.

" That's not fair, " Nastasia pouted, sticking out her bottom lip, so much like Alexandria, it was obvious Alexandria got it from her mother.

" Nothing's fair huh? " A.J smirked as he kissed Nastasia's cheek.

She pulled away from him sadly, he had no idea what was coming. " No, nothing's fair... "

" Are you ok? "

" Yeah, just a little dizzy from Howie throwing me around in the waves today, " Nastasia lied with a fake smile.

" Daddy? " Chase mumbled groggily as he sat up, his eyes only half open and still sleep filled.

" Hey Chaser, " A.J answered softly.

" Aunt Stazzie! "

" Hey Chazzie! "

" I get something for you t'day. "

" Your Daddy told me you did, what is it? "

" I get it, " Chase replied quietly as he climbed from the covers slowly. He grabbed a bag from the other side of the room and brought it over to his aunt and looked up at her, his brown eyes still clouded with sickness.

" Ooh, I wonder what it is... " Nastasia grinned as she reached into the bag. She pulled something heavy out, holding it carefully with both hands. She looked at it and could feel tears threaten her eyes. It was a beautiful porcelain statue of a Momma bear, a boy bear, and a baby girl bear. " Oh Chazzie, it's beautiful... "

" See, dat's me, " Chase explained, pointing to the boy bear. " And dat's Alexandria and dat's you Aunt Stazzie. "

" Thank you so much Chazzie, " Nastasia whispered as she brought him into a tight hug.

" Aunt Stazzie, you're choking me... " Chase giggled quietly.

" I'm sorry baby, " Nastasia choked with a laugh, wiping a tear from her eye.

" Geez Stazzie, you act as if you aren't going to see Chaser for a really long time, " A.J grinned, knowing how strong the bond was between the two.

' If only you knew ' Nastasia thought to herself cruely.

" Staz is just a really emotional person, " Howie joked.

" So are you, you big cry baby, " Nastasia spat playfully as she placed Chase back on the bed and covered him up, feeling his forehead, still hot.

" My tummy is upset, " Chase mumbled with a frown.

" Should we give you some medicine? "

" Yuck. "

" I don't know how else to make it feel better. "

" Tay... "

*****

It was nearing 5:30 and Nastasia was finishing up getting ready to head over to the arena for practice before the concert. Howie and A.J were chatting in the main room, waiting for Denise to come and watch Chase.

" So, have you contacted an attorney? " Howie asked quietly, looking at A.J as he watched his son sleep.

" No, I'm doing that tomorrow. "

" What are you going to do about Chase? "

" I'm going for full custody of him. "

" Isn't that a little harsh? He does deserve his mother. "

" No it's not a little harsh, and yes he does deserve his mother, but not when she up and abandons him. He doesn't deserve that. "

" I guess you've got a point... "

" What are you guys still doing here? " Denise joked as she walked into the room.

" Waiting for you to get here. I can't leave my son alone, " A.J answered as he stood up to greet his mother.

" Well, now you can go. The others already headed over to the arena, so you guys better go too, " Denise said as Nastasia walked out of the bathroom, carrying her duffle bag. She looked at Denise with an angry glare.

" Um, Stazzie gave Chaser a dose of his medicine about 20 minutes ago, so he should be out most of the time, he shouldn't give you any trouble. But if he wakes up, keep him in bed and let him watch tv, but I want him to rest, " A.J instructed.

Denise laughed at her son. " I know how to take care of a sick child. Remember, I am your mother, I've had many experiences. "

" Alright, just making sure. Thanks for watching him tonight, " A.J smiled as he kissed his mother's cheek and walked over to the bed, leaning down and kissing Chase's forehead. " See you later buddy, " he whispered and then waited as Nastasia scooped Alexandria into her arms. " Thanks again Mom. " Then he, Howie and Nastasia all walked out the door.

Denise waited a few minutes and then walked over to the bed where Chase slept and sat down. She shook his shoulder softly, watching as he mumbled and turned away from her. " Sweetheart, wake up, " she called softly as she shook his shoulder again.

Chase's eyes opened a tiny bit as he stared back at his grandmother. " Hi grammy... "

" Hey sweetheart, you need to get up... "

" Why? "

" Because Grammy and you are going to go somewhere... "

" Where? "

" We're going to go see Mommy. "