- Text Size +
Chapter 83:

AJ stared angrily at Nastasia. He hesitated on whether or not to pick up the phone. The way he was feeling he just wanted to slam Nastasia through a wall. Nastasia was in intense pain as AJ stared darkly at her.

He snatched the phone from her and held it up to his ear. " How the hell could you do this?! " he yelled.

"Alexander, just calm down." Denise started, she heard Nastasia crying in the background. Her heart felt like it had been ripped in half.

" The hell I will calm down! I can't believe you would do this to me! "

"Alexander I'm telling you I did this for-"

" You had no fucking right to take him! "

"I did too. He is my grandson and I love him. I did what was right for him. He's feeling a lot better since he got here."

" What the hell are you trying to say? That I'm not a good father?! "

"I'm saying he misses his mother."

" I'm his father and you are not his mother! You had no fucking right to take him! I can't believe you! You're supposed to be my mother and then you go and do this! It's bullshit! How the hell could you do this to me?! " A.J screamed, his voice cracking as the tears welled in his eyes.

"AJ WOULD YOU JUST STOP!" Denise heard Nastasia yell. Then she heard the cries of Alexandria in the background. Her heart wrenched, she should be there with them.

" You're supposed to be my fucking mother! Damn you! HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! "

"Alexander please just stop. You're upsetting me and Nastasia both."

" I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! "

"Alexander James! You will not talk to me or about your sister like that!" Denise answered back in the sternest voice possible. She felt like she was loosing control.

" Don't fucking call me again, " A.J spat and hung the phone up, slamming it against the wall. He stormed from the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

*****

"I..." Nastasia jumped as the door slammed. She ached badly as she curled into a ball, wanting to die right there. Alexandria continued to wail as Nastasia cried. She hurt both emotionally and physically. She knew bruises were forming...

" Baby calm down, " Howie soothed as he pulled her into his arms, rocking her back and forth. He could feel his anger flaring as his wife sobbed in his arms. He needed to go find A.J.

"I...I...I...hurt...I..." She couldn't find the words. She was so scared. She felt like her father was back in her life, hurting her. She never wanted that feeling to ever come back.

" It's ok baby, it's ok, " Howie whispered in her ear, hugging her tightly.

"Can...AJ...go check...he needs someone..." Nastasia shivered as her head pounded and back ached. She rubbed her head, still worrying about AJ as Alexandria continued to wail at the top of her lungs.

" How can you be worried about him after what he's just done? Let him deal with himself, I'm worried about you, " Howie answered softly.

"I'm fine." Nastasia answered forcing herself to stop crying. Crying was a sign of weakness to her father, worse punishments occured when she cried.

" You are not fine. I know when you cry that you are not fine. "

"Look, I'm w-w-worried about AJ..." Nastasia answered, she knew she wasn't fine either. The pain was so intense she thought she might pass out.

" I'm not going to leave you- "

"Howie-" Nastasia was about to yell, but she looked to see Alexandria screaming again. Her heart broke in half as her daughter's eyes were streaked with bright tears. "Howie, get...Lex"

Howie spun around to find his daughter screaming on the floor. He hadn't been hearing her, he zoned everything out except for Nastasia. He rushed over to her and scooped her into his arms. " Lexie...baby...shhh...Daddy's here...shhh... "

"Mama..." Alexandria managed to scream through her frustrated tears of fear.

Howie rushed back over to Nastasia and handed their daughter to her. " I'm gonna go find A.J, " he barely managed to say and zoomed out the door.

"Shh Lexie...Mommy's okay... Just a sore back and head... Shh Lexie...Shh..." Nastasia calmed as she rubbed her daughter's back soothingly. Hoping to make Alexandria feel better than she did.